A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Rosieace

Thank you. This thread has moved into an expression of Christian Spirituality - everything around me testifies to Him - sometimes, it simply utterly beautiful and mysterious and yet translucent, ever opening and increasing ....my desire is this:

Acts 4: 13b -
They were astonished and took note that these men and women had been with Jesus

There is always more - He is ever unfolding and ever filling everything - I see people in this thread who are becoming changed into His Likeness,His Spirit, into His Substance.

Different Spirit. Different Substance.

Revelation 10:12 -
Then they heard a loud voice from Heaven sying to them, "Come up Here"

Further Up and Further In.

With His Love.

Mark

Upvote 0

Mark Downham

A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When a man thirsts after God, his whole being is surrendered to God.

This I like - this is the condition for Revival - for Wells and Springs to open up - this is what the Puritans called Prophetic Preaching - what they meant by preaching when the Well is Dry! I am going to take this with me - and I am walking into the gap between the hammer and the anvil - that crushing place - the Desert is on Fire - I see Visions - water keeps spontaneously gathering on my hands and overflowing - out there a man can die of thirst but His Living Word sustains me. There is an Eagle overhead - soaring - descending and the rocks are flowing and coming alive - His Voice is always with me - the Heavens open up - the clouds part and that quickening, diffusing ray of light - that is taking me to pieces, rearranging me, I am being reformatted - reaching out for my location - this vast area and I am very small - swallowed whole in this burning landscape - translation, transfiguration, transformation, transition - they are all expressions of Him in Us and Us in Him....I look up- the Eagle is descending and I am lifted up and borne away - I can see the Tree of Life coming closer - it is huge, it fills the horizon and a River that is the sum total of all of our prayers and His Prayers for and in us - a Living River - we are flying into the Inner Life of the Trinity - everything is on Fire but not consumed - I fee like pure water and fire simultaneously and increasingly substantial - so very substantial - as if my former self has fallen away like a shadow, shed like an old skin - so many skins, so many shadows - so much substance. We are passing through His side, through the Temple Veil, through and between the broken pieces of the Bread, through the waterfall of His Blood, the Universe is turning vertical we are literally flying right through - through the Cross itself - it has split and opened up in the middle - in some way this is an eternal moment in every other moment - I am always in this moment - living this moment - there is nothing deeper than Communion - all the symbols are becoming real, they are coming alive with an inner Life - so this is what He means when He says He will fill everything - our theologies, our liturgies,our litanies, our worship, our traditions, our prayers, our denominations, ourselves - the Church - this is the Church in the Desert - it is a huge well - a great spring - He hands me the cup of water taken from the Spring - it is alive - my eyes - I can see...distant thunder, no, He is starting to sing like a thunderstorm - utterly beautiful - like the song I heard Him sing at the gates of dawn to the break of Day and then there was light...Daybreak - the daylight broken open - and I thought so that's how it gets in, through the crack in everything...He takes the bread in His hands again, breaks it open, it is broken and simultaneously the daylight breaks open, the Light streams forth and something in my chest is rising like an Eagle in a hymn to the morning....

Mark

Upvote 0

Mark Downham

A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Susana

Ah yes Lord; You are coming in through broken places.

Beautiful. Prophetic. The singing starts again, the dancers start to dance again on the chains of oppression and the Youth of a 1,000 Summers lays down the Seventh Seal that has been broken open.

He crossed through a broken place - the Cross - to reach into our broken places -the Cross is our Communion - through the Cross we are clothed with power from on high.

Luke 24:45-49
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
46He told them, “This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48You are witnesses of these things. 49I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

The Holy Spirit resting on us and in us-

The eternal thing in man, That heeds no call to die.

Thomas Hardy.

The Resurrection Power

Everything on earth that lives is bound to die someday. No creatures have the power to ‘side-step’ death. Death is the result of sin. Nothing or no one can escape it. Men have discovered lots of things and developed cure for almost every sickness but they could not get anything to overcome death with. But Jesus did.

-John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I AM THE RESURRECTION, and the life: he that believeth in me, THOUGH HE WERE DEAD, YET SHALL HE LIVE:

Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ we gain the power of the resurrection in our lives, to enable us to live beyond death.

Jesus resurrection made it possible for those who know God to enjoy meaningful life after the grave, with the whole person put back together—body, soul, spirit, heart, mind, and all.

In God’s sight, the individual is incomplete without his body. And even though the body that believers receive at their resurrection will be different (the issue that puzzled the Corinthians and that is addressed in 1 Cor. 15), it will somehow be like the body they had earlier, retaining personal identity. Jesus possessed this kind of body after His resurrection, so that His friends were able to recognize Him.

The bodily resurrection of Jesus was a demonstration that the Father approved the ‘cross- work’ of the Son.

-Romans 4:25- who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

This indicates that He was “raised on account of our justification,” i.e. because justification had been accomplished.

Without the bodily resurrection we would never know if the basic problem of sin and spiritual death had been solved. All that was needed for justification had already been accomplished, so the Father raised the Son as a visible proof that the sin question had been settled.

Altya

Love.

Mark

Upvote 0

Mark Downham

A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
:groupray:
When we combine the activities of prayer and action, until they seep into each other, it all becomes a two-way flow, a living process.

Two things I have been privileged through this to comprehend more fully:

The power of the Creator.
The yielding of the strong.

Susana

The baptism of Fire was prophesied by John the Baptist:

Matthew. 3:11
I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

As a symbol for Baptism Fire is used in the smelting and the purifying of Levites, hence a "refiner's Fire.

Malachi. 3:2-3
But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap. 3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men and women who will bring offerings in righteousness.

Fire is an agent that cleanses and purifies internally, leading to sanctification. In addition, there is a deepening enlightenment accompanying being filled with the Holy Spirit - you get filled with a spirit of burning.

Isaiah 4:4 -
When the Lord shall have sanctified the daughters of Zion, and shall have cleansed the life-blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.
Things happen:

It never goes out -

Leviticus 6:13 -
The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out.

Fire starts to flow and live in your words, prayer and actions -

Daniel 7:10 -
A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before you.

You receive the Lord's Hear and carry His burden -

Jeremiah 20:9 -
His name, his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
There is always a tongue of Fire resting on You in this transition - but it is not always seen by the Human Eye - I have only seen it twice resting on people - there are a number of people in this Forum who have received the Baptism of Fire - it changes how you see things.

Acts 2:1-3
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.

To those who receive this - You will receive a Baptism of Fire - there is always a furnace and that Fourth Man with You -

Daniel 3: 19 -25
Then Nebuchadnezzar was furious with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and his attitude toward them changed. He ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual 20 and commanded some of the strongest soldiers in his army to tie up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and throw them into the blazing furnace. 21 So these men, wearing their robes, trousers, turbans and other clothes, were bound and thrown into the blazing furnace. 22 The king's command was so urgent and the furnace so hot that the flames of the fire killed the soldiers who took up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, 23 and these three men, firmly tied, fell into the blazing furnace.

24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, "Weren't there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?"

They replied, "Certainly, O king." 25 He said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods"

Isaiah 43:2 -
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

The burning bush of our devotional Life after we have received the Baptism of Fire is on Fire but not consumed.

Exodus 3: 2-6
The Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, yet was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush is not burned.

4And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the midst of the bush and said, Moses, Moses! And he said, Here am I.

5God said, Do not come near; put your shoes off your feet, for the place on which you stand is holy ground.

When you receive the Baptism of Fire, your Heart becomes Holy Ground. You become a Desert Dweller with Him.

Amen.

Mark

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Mark Downham said:
:groupray:

The baptism of Fire was prophesied by John the Baptist:

Matthew. 3:11

As a symbol for Baptism Fire is used in the smelting and the purifying of Levites, hence a "refiner's Fire.

Malachi. 3:2-3

Fire is an agent that cleanses and purifies internally, leading to sanctification. In addition, there is a deepening enlightenment accompanying being filled with the Holy Spirit - you get filled with a spirit of burning.

Isaiah 4:4 -
Things happen:

It never goes out -

Leviticus 6:13 -

Fire starts to flow and live in your words, prayer and actions -

Daniel 7:10 -

You receive the Lord's Hear and carry His burden -

Jeremiah 20:9 -
There is always a tongue of Fire resting on You in this transition - but it is not always seen by the Human Eye - I have only seen it twice resting on people - there are a number of people in this Forum who have received the Baptism of Fire - it changes how you see things.

Acts 2:1-3

To those who receive this - You will receive a Baptism of Fire - there is always a furnace and that Fourth Man with You -

Daniel 3: 19 -25

Isaiah 43:2 -

The burning bush of our devotional Life after we have received the Baptism of Fire is on Fire but not consumed.

Exodus 3: 2-6

When you receive the Baptism of Fire, your Heart becomes Holy Ground. You become a Desert Dweller with Him.

Amen.

Mark
[/b]
may you always walk through that fire and recieve what the Lord has for you Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK Mark,

I did say both those things, but not in the same place!
Interesting that you put them together. Hmm. I'm thinking...

Fire, transition, yes...

I'm on the threshold but I am waiting for something...

But it is a good place to be.

Must go and check dinner.

Blessings,
Susana

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord is my banner said:
When we combine the activities of prayer and action, until they seep into each other, it all becomes a two-way flow, a living process.
Two things I have been privileged through this to comprehend more fully:

The power of the Creator.
The yielding of the strong.

Yes, you're right; they do go together. :)

This morning was unexpectedly hard.
The dying, the yielding, it's not getting any easier.
I think I'm going to the right place, at the right time, for the right thing, but it turns out to be emptiness. Or is all this just showing me my own emptiness?

Been standing on a thin threshold so long I'm begining to wobble.
Did you ever try to balance on the kerb, or a line drawn on the playground?

I'll just grab hold of His hand, and He'll steady me again.

God bless you,
love Susana

Upvote 0

Asaph

Jun 9, 2004
Deep South
✟5,795.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, you're right; they do go together. :)

This morning was unexpectedly hard.
The dying, the yielding, it's not getting any easier.
I think I'm going to the right place, at the right time, for the right thing, but it turns out to be emptiness. Or is all this just showing me my own emptiness?

Been standing on a thin threshold so long I'm begining to wobble.
Did you ever try to balance on the kerb, or a line drawn on the playground?

God bless you,
love Susana

Oh sis. I so much wish I could lift you up out of there, but that is why God is God, and I'm not. His heart is breaking so much more than even mine, but He and He alone knows how this valley will increase your faith.

My beloved sister, know that you are not alone, and that your brothers and sisters have been right there in the same place too. My heart breaks because I know I cannot lift you out of there myself, and I know, in the Love of our saviour, I must not. That breaks my heart.

Asaph

Upvote 0

akasmom

busy body, still soul
Feb 22, 2005
✟11,435.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is able to keep us from falling! (Jude 24) Fear not and be of good courage, dear one, you are not and will never be alone. Remember this is the set time of your favor, and He who gave His only Son would not with hold any good thing from you! Be blessed abundantly with health and well being and put no limits to His power to save and protect and prosper you.

Upvote 0

Mark Downham

A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was going to write a thread On Being Strengthened and The Lord shifted my perspective to Being Strengthened Through Being Weakened - I still will write the post but from a different perspective - I saw His Bloodline falling, like a Falling Star - straight down into the Abyss - and then He started to preach to the spirits in Hell where there is absolute darkness, abandonment and forsakeness and said "Let there be Light" - and there was while He preached - and then the Light of the World ascended with captives in His Train and the Light ascended with Him - leaving darkness behind - the saddest thing in the world is the breaking of Christian fellowship - everytime it breaks, I see His Bloodline again - descending again - the same moment - just another angle, another perspective - the Fall and His Bloodline.

Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mark Downham

A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Susana

I would distinguish between emptiness and being emptied out - we are so full of ourselves and worldly trappings - our hearts are full of idols - to be God Chasers, we have to let go of everything - He thought about Us and took the Fall - for Us on the Cross-

Exodus 33:6 -
the Israelites stripped off their ornaments at Mount Horeb.

Those ornaments are our worldly trappings - which includes the Idols in our hearts - when you feel like you are running on empty - you are descending to the lowest point with Him and He will start to fill you - this is manifest Christian Spirituality - to forsake everything and follow Him.

John 3:27 -30
To this John replied, A man or woman can receive only what is given him or her from heaven.

28 You yourselves can testify that I said, 'I am not the Christ but am sent ahead of him.'

29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.

30 He must become greater; I must become less.

Jesus is giving You something from Heaven - ask Him what it is.

We develop are ministries by descending to the lowest point.

Everything in Jesus is Kenosis - we are always being poured out and filled.

With Love.

Mark

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mark Downham said:
Susana
I would distinguish between emptiness and being emptied out - we are so full of ourselves and worldly trappings - our hearts are full of idols - to be God Chasers, we have to let go of everything - He thought about Us and took the Fall - for Us on the Cross

I keep trying, then I keep finding more to let go of!

Mark Downham said:
Jesus is giving You something from Heaven - ask Him what it is.
Yes, I've seen there is something in His hands. Since I gave Him that nail.

There must still be something in my own hands, and so I cannot take this from Him yet. I am going to have to stop messing about with this right now. :doh:

God bless you Mark,
love Susana

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.