Relationships

Athlon4all

I'm offline indefintely
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
✟15,965.00
Well, the Bible says that Sexual Immortality is wrong, in other words, Sex before marriage is a sin. This sin is no greater than Lieing, or other sins, but it is definately wrong. The Bible does I believe also say that any kind of dating, marriage, should not be with a non-believer.(can someone point her to the verse if it exists?) I'd look at I Corinthians, and the Matthew 5:27-42 and Matthew 19:1-12. I have to go to Evening service at Church, I'll be back later.

Upvote 0
Tuger, according to the bible fornication is wrong, that is, having sexual relations outside of marriage.

1 Corinthians 6:18 "Flee from fornication, Every sin that a man doeth is without his body, but he that comitteth fornication sinneth against his own body" And 2 Timothy 2:22 says "Flee also youthful lusts, but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart" (KJV bible)

You need to explain to your girlfriend that sex is best in the context of marriage only. The bible says let every man have his own wife.

Hebrews 13:4 states according to the NIV bible that "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed be kept pure for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Another good thing may be for you to ask your minister for scriptures about sex before marriage or a local minister.

Hope I helped you.

Missy

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Since it is very important for Christians to have relationships based on Jesus, I suggest you explain to her that she needs to at least look into Christianity for you to continue dating her. If she refuses, break up for now. I know it's tough, but it's the best thing for you. Dating non-Christians causes a lot of temptation and can be a major downfall. Marrying non-Christians gets even messier!

Hope this helps.

With Love in Christ,

--Emily

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
There will be many things she will not understand. Your life has been changed. You are living a knew and brighter live made up of new and brighter dreams. She may not undestand your gain and view them as loses. Do not be discouraged. Pray for her. If she loves you, she will come around. She will see some of the wonderful new ways you see life and become impressed by your maturity and view on things, but if she is heavily anchored in the world then you may and probably will encounter more problems than the ones you are experiencing now.
God Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I lost a fiance when I became a Christian.

He couldn't deal with the moral implications of living according to God's will. He tried, but because he wasn't a Christian, he didn't succeed.

Just remember that this is only the first of many issues that will be difficult for the two of you, because your values will be in conflict with her values.

And even though you love her, that will not be enough to sustain you as you go through one painful conflict after another. At every point where God calls you to one thing, but she doesn't feel the call, you will have to decide whether to obey God or to please her.

You have a whole new life, and she is not going to be able to share in that, unless she comes to faith in Christ and becomes a new person with a new life, too. Your whole life will be having to choose between her and God. This is the reason that God doesn't want believers to marry unbelievers!

I urge you to think about it before you get married.

Upvote 0

Brother_Joey_Gowdy

Single and Looking for a Proverbs 31 Wife
Jan 31, 2002
Visit site
✟16,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2nd Corinthians Chapter 6 :

6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Upvote 0