Michigan
✟8,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m a Senior in HS and going to the same college as my girlfriend (coincidentally)...
I’m in a serious relationship with this wonderful girl. She makes me happy, loves me unconditionally, we respect each other immensely, and always seek to understand each other, and I can talk with her about *almost* anything. I would consider myself strong in faith, and I want to raise a strong in faith family with Christian values, and grow closer to God. I desire God...my girlfriend grew up Catholic, but has since waivers from Catholicism and shifted more towards my faith: Baptist...and me being with her has made her grow closer to the Lord (and visa versa)...so all good, right? No. I can’t ignore the feeling that she doesn’t prioritize God over all else. She rarely has brought Him up, usually it’s me who leads those conversations, and she isn’t very knowledgeable about the Bible...she claims that she wants to be closer to God, but seems sheepish every time we talk about Christianity! She loves going to church, but doesn’t get involved in conversation about God...Weak in faith/understanding is the only term I can use to describe her...she doesn’t seem to DESIRE God...almost just acknowledges that he is there.
My question is: what should I do? I love everything about her, but I have concerns about her faith...

kufe

Sep 16, 2018
Mississauga
✟12,337.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m a Senior in HS and going to the same college as my girlfriend (coincidentally)...
I’m in a serious relationship with this wonderful girl. She makes me happy, loves me unconditionally, we respect each other immensely, and always seek to understand each other, and I can talk with her about *almost* anything. I would consider myself strong in faith, and I want to raise a strong in faith family with Christian values, and grow closer to God. I desire God...my girlfriend grew up Catholic, but has since waivers from Catholicism and shifted more towards my faith: Baptist...and me being with her has made her grow closer to the Lord (and visa versa)...so all good, right? No. I can’t ignore the feeling that she doesn’t prioritize God over all else. She rarely has brought Him up, usually it’s me who leads those conversations, and she isn’t very knowledgeable about the Bible...she claims that she wants to be closer to God, but seems sheepish every time we talk about Christianity! She loves going to church, but doesn’t get involved in conversation about God...Weak in faith/understanding is the only term I can use to describe her...she doesn’t seem to DESIRE God...almost just acknowledges that he is there.
My question is: what should I do? I love everything about her, but I have concerns about her faith...
Well it seems like you have a good relationship with this girl, and I am glad that she is of faith, but if you are having problems with just how much desire she has for God I think the best thing to do is to be honest with your feelings and talk to her about this situation, but when you speak to her dont make it seem like you are telling her she is a bad Christian because every Christian has their own pace when they are on their journey with God, try to make her understand your perspective while keeping that in mind so that she doesn't get offended because after that I dont think the discussion will continue to be civil, but from what I know every good relationship thrives with proper communication, so speak to her and who knows maybe once you do, you would be surprised with what she has to say; maybe she has some battles with faith that she has been hiding from you because she might be scared of what you might think, maybe she's dealing with doubt and thats why she seems so sheepish. A lot of Christian children in Christian families tend to hide these kinds of feelings because they are afraid of condemnation and judgement and who knows maybe that might be similar to what she is feeling, so I think discussion will be good to have.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome to Christian Forums! There's only a handful of active members who are in their teens or early 20s, so it's always wonderful when a new person joins! :)

Several sections of this forum have restrictions on who is permitted to post there; this one is limited to members who are 16-19. It may also be exclusively for males since it's in the Guys area, but I'm not sure. There are other sections where everyone is able to respond, and I think you'd receive more advice in one of them. You can ask a moderator to move the thread for you, and all the responses will be transferred over.

I think @Grumman Tomcat is the main moderator for this area.

Upvote 0

twelveplus_5

Jan 22, 2019
Michigan
✟8,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome to Christian Forums! There's only a handful of active members who are in their teens or early 20s, so it's always wonderful when a new person joins! :)

Several sections of this forum have restrictions on who is permitted to post there; this one is limited to members who are 16-19. It may also be exclusively for males since it's in the Guys area, but I'm not sure. There are other sections where everyone is able to respond, and I think you'd receive more advice in one of them. You can ask a moderator to move the thread for you, and all the responses will be transferred over.

I think @Grumman Tomcat is the main moderator for this area.
What forum do you recommend I go to?

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian