Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm being totally honest - I really do not understand folk who are travelling long distances to stand in a queue that stretches for 4 miles before they can pay their respects to the Queen .
There was an interview with some folk who had travelled overnight from Scotland , would be in the queue for several hours and then travelling back overnight to Scotland.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Morning all

I'm told folk are now queuing for about 11 hours !!

Mornings are much cooler now - I'll soon be needing to put a cardigan on .

No plans for today apart from a minor shopping - I'll need bread by the end of the weekend and of course shops will be closed on Monday.
weather looks good so far - nice light blue sky with a few fluffy little clouds

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Morning all

Liturgy this morning :) But it will be the last one in the bigger Church Hall that we have been using on Saturdays since the start of the Pandemic/restrictions. The University will be using it from now. All our Liturgies will now be Served in our little Crypt Chapel

Looks a decent day at present though I believe we may be getting some drizzle about midday

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We ain't got no option !!

We did once fit 52 in - and believe me that was something I never want to experience again !!

Having said that not everyone can come to every Service so we will see how things go

Reactions: S.ilvio
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Morning all :wave:

I'll be heading out soon for our early Sunday Liturgy . It's fairly dark at present - may need the car lights on as I go - we'll see. I've no idea what time sunrise is officially :)

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well - my poor GodPapa is flying back from the US today . There are no planes in or out of Heathrow after about 10.45 tomorrow and his flight from Newark is due in at 10am !!

His flight from Cleveland to Newark was delayed by 32 mins - here's hoping everything goes smoothly from now

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well - my poor GodPapa is flying back from the US today . There are no planes in or out of Heathrow after about 10.45 tomorrow and his flight from Newark is due in at 10am !!

His flight from Cleveland to Newark was delayed by 32 mins - here's hoping everything goes smoothly from now
God's blessings upon him.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So far it seems everything is on track for GodPapa's return - his flight is expected at 10.10 :)

Another cool morning so far , washing is done and I've checked the Council Website to see which bin will be emptied this week and that will then put us back to our normal routine for bin collections. Now to go and swap mine around so Wednesday's bin is actually just outside my back door ready for use :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I gather there wasn't a lot in the freezer - but it was a bit of an irritation. It is a small freezer - holds at the most about 4 meals when well and carefully packed - but that was something he didn't need at that point.
He was out for a meal last night with a colleague from the Cathedral , who is flying out to Austria today.

I'm off to Liturgy this morning :) So far it's dry and looks as if it should be staying that way.
Now for my coffee since my test is done and reported

Upvote 0