Reasons why I believe the KJV is the divinely inspired perfect Word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sheesh, some people just have to argue about everything, even God being good.

For me: The truth of God's Word matters. If God's Word says, "there is none good but one, that is, God." Then surely that is what it means. The Lord is good. There is not another higher form of good that the Bible ascribes to GOD. It simply states that, "the Lord is good..." (Nahum 1:7).

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No He is more gooder than good than we ever would or could!!

Ok that was just silly

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God can use imperfect means to create a perfect Word for our day.
God used men of God who were once tarnished by sin (in their old life) to be used as vessels of God to write His Word. The answer to the truth does not lie in Historical Science, but in Observational Science.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you should study what that same word says about taking simple well meaning statements of others and turning them into something contentious. (hint: it isn't "good")

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you should study what that same word says about taking simple well meaning statements of others and turning them into something contentious. (hint: it isn't "good")

I do not know what people mean when they say things always. I am not a mind reader. If they say something that is contrary to His Word, I feel it is my Christian duty to preach the Word in season, etc.

As you know: Preaching God's Word is never popular, but it does not mean I am seeking to stir up trouble and neither does it mean I do not care about folks and or neither does it mean I am not trying to get along with other believers. Having faith in God's Word correctly is important to me. So I would like for my fellow brethren to only speak in line with what His Word says. For the moment we go beyond what His Word says, it leads to problems.

Anyways, my brother's latter statements makes it appear like he does not disagree with me on what Scriptures says on this point. It appeared to be a simple misunderstanding (of which I am glad); So there is no problem, friend. Unless you want to see one.

Peace and blessings be unto you in the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Give me a break, BNR32FAN has been nothing but sweet and kind and gracious and trying to glorify God and you turned it into something that it wasn't. I'm glad you see it was a misunderstanding, but no matter how you try to spin it that behavior was not biblical, it was unkind.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Peace, blessings, and all manner of the love of Christ be upon you this evening in the name of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A modern, well researched translation is always going to be better than the KJV because more info is available today to Bible scholars and writers than when the KJV was written.

We understand Greek and Hebrew better for a start and through knowledge know what was being said in early scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Then how do you account for the points I made in the OP?

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens

You are entirely incorrect.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I wasn’t offended by that post at all. I actually thought it was enlightening to be honest. I hadn’t thought of it that way before. It actually made me think about the extent of how good, good actually is. I think before I was underemphasizing just how good, good is in the scriptures because today we use words that appear to be better than good like great, awesome, best, etc. I did however notice the word excellent being used in Strong’s Concordance to describe the word good. But no I wasn’t offended in the least bit.

Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I am glad to hear you were not offended by that post, brother.

As for words like great, awesome, best, etc.:

Well, it is a curiosity that our society has come up with words that attempt to make things better than good. I will take the Bible's description of the word "good" as being pure and unadulterated and as the highest form of good that we can possibly describe it as.

Last edited:
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ps 48:1 - Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised...
(KJV) - Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised...

Deut 10:17 - For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome...
(KJV) - For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible...

Nehemiah 1:5 - And I said: “I pray, Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God...
(KJV) - And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God...

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes ..there is a perfect Word of God and we find the perfect Word of God when we seek Him with our whole heart . Prior to the KJV , there were many saints . In Paul's day , Timothy was instructed to study to show himself approved , rightly dividing the word of TRUTH . This was obviously before Tyndale , Wycliff , Luther , Jerome and all of the others who God has used to bring forth truth . Are there non english speaking Christians ? How shall they be saved ? Must they learn 1600 century english ? So , all Germans do not have the perfect word of God ? This is only available to Americans and those who speak english ?

It seems when you have quoted scripture above , that you make the KJV a synonym with the Word of the Lord and make it a law . So , we risk substituting a translation , and for english speakers a very good one, with the Word of God .
Whereas I agree with you on many of the modern translations , I have a my concearn that this is not fruitful for those who hold the KJV as the perfect word of God often do not follow it . ( How many wives are keepers at home and pray with their heads covered ? ) Is that not every tittle and jot ? How about 1st Corinthians 14: 29-37 ? Saying the KJV is the perfect word of God is easy and a nice time killer and a good place to debate those who are "reprobates " and less holy than us ....but we are told to be doers of the word . We are told to teach sound doctrine . " The KJV is the perfect inspired word of God " is not doctrine .
Some people think church is the place to hear the word of God and it is a salvation issue . Thank God that the eunuch that Philip baptized did not have to be saved that way. ( He was also reading either Aramaic or Hebrew ..not KJV english )

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I also read this book quite a while ago, I had heard about it and a dear Christian man who I did not know sent me a copy for free. I then started also comparisons and am confident that the King James is the inspired word.
Just having my say, I don't want to get into debates, I agree with Biblehiglighter's stance and he is more capable of debating than I.
It just wears me down.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.