• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Really need some help

Beef

Mar 26, 2005
✟8,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I dont even know where to begin...I for as long time have suffered with ocd/panic attks/ anxiety...etc...Pretty much all of it is health related. My wife is in the hospital with something similar to a strept throat infection...but it is in her lymphnodes area. It is causing her a great deal of pain, and I cant be there for her like i should or at least i can be there but am full of anxiety. A lot of it is very selfish...Worrying about if im going to get something and my mind goes farther and farther along into worry...then i get so upset at my selfishness and feel miserable. I just really need some guidance and help from you guys. I cant be a husband to my wife, if i have kids i dont see where i can be a father...im 30 years old and have been battling this forever and act sometimes like im 6 with the worry. My main go to person is my mom...she always helps me through it, but then God Forbid if something happens to her, then what will happen? I just really feel hopeless.

Nov 17, 2010
United States
✟15,642.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Beef,
I want to ask a couple of questions, please, beginning with the most important...
I think the ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL for dealing with anxiety is your position with God. Do you have assurance of salvation, knowing for sure that you have been converted? A positive sign of this is Biblical: do you actively strive against sin in your life, or do you just go with it? A person in a correct relationship with a Holy God feels the need to live holy themselves. Is that evident in your life? "If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark,the whole shall be full of light."Luke 11:36
Is there some area of your life that you have NOT surrendered to Christ?
I can name a few that were tough for me: smoking, inappropriate contentography, lying, girl-watching, bad language, just to name a few. A "dark" area means you need to confess to God and forsake it.
Will that cure you? NO! But it will clear the way for communication with God Almighty. Then the two of you are able to go to work on "issues" TOGETHER.
All other issues are second place.
However, seeking a qualified medical professional is a good step.
An item I read that I recommend to Christians that have anxiety is to "GOGGLE" up Ray Comfort on Anxiety. This is a very Godly man that suffered for a number of years against overwhelming anxiety.

God bless, and let's hear from you again!
Julian of York
"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32

Upvote 0

Blue sapphire

Mar 20, 2009
Queensland
✟15,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Beef,
I want to ask a couple of questions, please, beginning with the most important...
I think the ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL for dealing with anxiety is your position with God. Do you have assurance of salvation, knowing for sure that you have been converted? A positive sign of this is Biblical: do you actively strive against sin in your life, or do you just go with it? A person in a correct relationship with a Holy God feels the need to live holy themselves. Is that evident in your life? "If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark,the whole shall be full of light."Luke 11:36
Is there some area of your life that you have NOT surrendered to Christ?
I can name a few that were tough for me: smoking, inappropriate contentography, lying, girl-watching, bad language, just to name a few. A "dark" area means you need to confess to God and forsake it.
Will that cure you? NO! But it will clear the way for communication with God Almighty. Then the two of you are able to go to work on "issues" TOGETHER.
All other issues are second place.
However, seeking a qualified medical professional is a good step.
An item I read that I recommend to Christians that have anxiety is to "GOGGLE" up Ray Comfort on Anxiety. This is a very Godly man that suffered for a number of years against overwhelming anxiety.

God bless, and let's hear from you again!
Julian of York
"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32

Wise words Julian......

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In order for the Lymphatic system to function properly, there must be a regular movement and exercise of the muscles. The lymphatic liquid moves in the body and circulates, only if the muscles are flexed and used. There is not pomp in the body, which to circulate and move the lymphatic liquid in the body, but the muscles play the role of a pump, to move the lymph around the body, so that the lymphatic system, can function.
The lymphatic system is a part of the immune system, and carries the immune system components around the body, so that any infections or viruses can be killed.
Also, the lymphatic system is responsible for the cleaning of all the toxins in the body, and taking the toxins out of the body, so that the body can clean itself.

Tell your wife, that she needs to move a few times during the day, morning, lunch and evening, on a regular basis, and to drink more water, because the majority of the lymphatic liquid is water.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0