Reading sacred scripture.

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,547.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I acknowledge all that you had to say about other traditions, it is true that various churches and groups see matters differently. But I am not sure that the scriptures (73 book canon) has "it's own terms". Scripture (73 book canon) has its historical and grammatical meaning within the context of genre and cultural context at the time of writing, and one can gain a great deal from interpreting scripture in that way, but the scriptures also have and were always intended to have a greater context which is the Church herself. This is so because it is the Church that gave birth to the written forms we have received as scripture and because the written forms were always intended to be interpreted within the context of the Church (meaning the community of Christians who were in the local churches and the hierarchy of apostle, prophet, bishop, elder/priest, and deacon who served in the churches). So, while some churches and groups eschew sacred Tradition and are reluctant to receive the insights of the Catholic Church, these insights are, nevertheless, necessary for a complete (or as complete as is currently possible) appreciation of the meaning and teaching of Christ.
That certainly would be the Roman Catholic position.
Yes, one would think so, since I said it was. ;)

Upvote 0