London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The 5 love languages, by Gary Chapman. The author made a point to insist that the “in love experience” only lasts from between 1 to 3 years.

I’m sure there’s wiggle room to those numbers but still, it made a lot of sense to me in light of some of the relationship breakdowns I’ve seen with friends.

There’s a period of intense love that can blind people to their partners faults, then, when the hazy cloud of the “in love experience” is gone, all of their partners annoying little habits and faults come to the surface.

Love was a feeling but never an act, so everything after the feeling wasn’t worth it to them.

The author helped me understand that falling in love is easy, but living in love is hard. Living in love is for grown up men and women following Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
By the way, I really enjoyed your comments on the other thread. You've gained a lot of wisdom in that area and would be a blessing to men. :)

Thanks, that’s great encouragement. I appreciated all of your support in the topic too, :) I’m disappointed the exchange seems to have ended so quickly tbh!

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Mak33y

Soar Like An Eagle
Jul 29, 2006
Manila
✟27,794.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Mingling of souls by Matt Chandler.
Talks about God's design for love, marriage, sex and redemption.

God’s good design when it comes to gender and relationships and sex is for all of these things to work rhythmically together in such a way that men and women experience the deepest amount of joy possible while at the same time glorifying God at the highest level possible. The longing in a single person’s heart for a wife or a husband finds its root in God’s glory.

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain... in times of stress, in times of struggle, there’s no putting makeup on a terrible personality. There’s no cosmetic surgery for poverty of character.

Excerpt From: "The Mingling of Souls"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums