Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before I begin what I am going to write, let's look at this molestation issue right out of the gate.

The Report Newsmagazine
04-30-2001
Does forgiving mean forgetting?
A faith healer comes clean on his young-offender conviction for child molestation
Rick Hiebert

Todd Bentley has a confession to make. A faith healer who has attracted international attention over the past several months, Bentley presents himself as a reformed bad boy who was once jailed for 18 months for ” crimes of an assault nature” and breaking-and-entering in his hometown of Gibsons, British Columbia. The truth is, his most serious crime was more heinous: the molestation of a seven-year-old boy. “They were sexual crimes,” Bentley admits. “I was involved in a sexual-assault ring. I turned around and did what had happened to me. I was assaulted too.” "
I don’t like to talk about it publicly because it would hurt [my ministry].” he concedes. “I don’t whip it out in the newspapers or on TV because people will go ‘Whaaa?’ I’ll say ‘I was in prison, period. Let’s move on.’ "

Bentley’s admission took place after he was confronted with information given to The Report following the magazine’s publication of a story (”Signs and wonders,” March 5) on his burgeoning ministry. Federal law protects young offenders by prohibiting the dissemination of any information that may identify a youth convicted of a crime, but Bentley, now 25, freely provided details of the offence. “I was 13 years old when I committed my crime,” he says. “I was jailed at 14.” (In fact, The Report has learned that Bentley molested the boy in October 1990, when Bentley was 14, and that he was sentenced in March 1991, when he was 15.)

Bentley, who is now married and is the father of three young children, stresses he has repented for his crime and has undergone three years of counselling. “There has not been and there won’t be other cases,” says the evangelical faith healer, who feels he needs no counselling to ensure he does not re-offend. “It’s something that’s dead and buried for me.” But, in an age when the likes of Protestant televangelists and Catholic priests have been ensnared by sexual scandal, the issue is far from dead.

Denny Cline, pastor of the Albany, Oregon, Vineyard church where Bentley launched a healing revival last year, looks on him as a spiritual son and says Bentley always exhibits a godly character. Upon learning of Bentley’s molesting offence, Pastor Cline remarks, “I don’t think he told me that, but it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. It wouldn’t have mattered in regards to what he is doing now, and the person that he is now…If he’s paid his debt to society and God’s forgiven him of everything, then who am I to not forgive?”

On the other hand, Lieutenant Jeff Johnston, a Salvation Army pastor in Port Alberni, B.C., who used to work in Bentley’s hometown, is more skeptical. “There’s absolutely no way that I would allow my own kids to come within a million miles of anyone who had been involved in a youth sexual assault,” he says. Lieut. Johnston notes a church group tried to bring Bentley to Gibsons for a series of meetings in 1997, but the gatherings were called off after Lieut. Johnston and other pastors threatened not to allow their youth groups to attend.

“It’s one thing to be forgiving, it’s another thing to be stupid,” Lieut. Johnston says. “If you, as a pastor, had someone in your church ministry who had been involved in these things and they ever re-offended, the fact that you knew and didn’t disclose it to parents, take every precaution, would be a huge liability issue.”

Forewarned is forearmed, says Canadian Alliance MP Randy White. Given the notorius recidivism of pedophile offenders, the federal government should pass the national sex-offenders registry bill he tabled April 4. Mr. White explains that police need to be able to keep track of sex offenders who enter fields such as itinerant evangelism. “It’s worse not to admit the offence from the start,” Mr. White observes. “If you hide it, ultimately someone will cross your path and expose you. It becomes twice as hard to deal with.”

Furthermore, Darrell Johnson, a professor of pastoral theology at Vancouver’s Regent College and a Presbyterian minister, says that although Bentley promises his past is “dead and buried,” his victim–and the victim’s family–are likely still suffering. The professor is also concerned that Bentley admits he has no team of pastors or counsellors to help him now. Says Prof. Johnson, “Openness, transparency and accountability would protect him, as well as the people he ministers to.”

Photo cap: Evangelist Bentley: “I don’t like to talk about it publicly because it would hurt [my ministry].”

Todd Bentley also addressed his past in the following Charisma article.

http://www.charismamag.com/display.php?id=7032
Healing Evangelist Todd Bentley Reveals Facts About Past Assault

The young preacher says he wants to set the record straight about an offense he committed at age 14, before his conversion

Canadian evangelist Todd Bentley knows well the power of a testimony to convince the lost that no one is too far gone to find healing in Christ. Recently, he has also learned that when the secular media digs into one's testimony, confession may not be so good for the soul. In a lengthy feature article published in the September 2002 issue of Charisma, Bentley, 26, acknowledged that at age 14, as a juvenile, he had been arrested for assault. A March 2001 story about him that was published in The Report--a secular, conservative political magazine published in British Columbia and Alberta, Canada--offered a similar report.

But The Report story backfired when the mother of the victim of the assault read the article and informed the magazine that Bentley's assault had been sexual and that he had molested her son, also a minor, at the time. Bentley served several months in jail for the crime, and five years afterward he gave his life to Christ. Today his crusades around the world are producing reports of healing miracles and thousands of salvations. The Report writer who filed the original story about Bentley's ministry called him back to verify the nature of the crime. As a juvenile offender, Bentley's record was protected from public disclosure, and he said he had no idea The Report would then turn around and publish his acknowledgement of the crime.

"[The reporter] didn't tell me he was doing a follow-up story," Bentley told Charisma. "He was just friendly and told me what the mother had said, and I admitted to him in what I thought were off-the-record comments that it was true, but that it happened years ago and I had since been changed by the gospel."

Bentley openly acknowledges the rougher parts of his juvenile past when he preaches in public, including his near-fatal drug overdoses, criminal burglaries, physical abuse of his mother and several stints in prison. But he said he has never talked openly about the sexual assault because of the stigma the crime carries and what he says is "the inability of Christians to forgive certain sins." His advisers, who include several pastors and counselors, have advised him to refrain from talking publicly about the sexual crime for the same reasons.

Bentley did publicly acknowledge the sexual assault during the summer of 2001 while leading a conference and crusade in Kewlona, British Columbia. He had received the support of the New Life Vineyard church in Kewlona to use their facilities for the events, and organizers had installed posters advertising the event around town. The family of the assault victim had moved to Kewlona, and when they saw the posters with Bentley's name, they contacted local media. Bentley decided to address the local outcry by going on the 6 p.m. local TV-news broadcast. He admitted the crime on-air, asked for forgiveness, told viewers how ashamed he was, and how he was transformed five years after the incident by the gospel's power.

"From that incident up to this article in The Report, our ministry has not had one complaint about this revelation from my past," Bentley told Charisma. "The church in Kewlona stood behind me and continued to allow me to use their facilities to finish the conference. The protests stopped after I went on TV, and they aired that broadcast two or three times."
Bentley, who is now married and has children of his own, said he has feared Christians would be afraid to leave their children around him if the juvenile sex-offense were known. He says he will report on the crime in a book he is writing that is expected to release this year. Two ministers who provide pastoral covering for Bentley told Charisma they have full confidence that God has forgiven him for his juvenile crimes and that he is in no way susceptible to repeat offenses of that nature.

"Todd is in good standing with us, and we believe him most definitely to be restored," Pat Cocking said. "There has been no sign at all of any questionable behavior." Bobby Conner of Demonstration of God's Power Ministries in Moravian Falls, N.C., echoed Cocking's sentiments. "I do serve on Todd's watch-care group and minister with him several times a year," Conner said. "I know that he is a faithful young man. The anointing on his life is awesome. I feel he has been up-front with me and the watch-care group about his life before Christ. It seems well to move on now and not to continue to open what God has forgiven and covered."

Billy Bruce

The problem here is not so much about his PAST, but about his PRESENT unwillingness to be forthcoming about it. Would it disturb parents to know that Todd Bentley has a home for orphans called "Uganda Jesus Village"?? Anybody who ministers to children and is around them on a regular basis should not act like he has something to hide, especially when the something to hide is the fact that he was involved in a sex-abuse ring that preyed on little children.

Time and time and time again, I have seen these eminently and truly GIFTED individuals [both male and female] in the body of Christ who have "history", and it seems that when it comes to the Charismatic church, those things get ignored, overlooked, swept under the rug, et cetera, only because someone possesses a certain giftedness that attracts the numbers and the money.

It's the same way in non-religious arenas also. You have your Martha Stewart, who sat on the board of the New York Stock Exchange, and who had inside information that her stock would tank the next day, so she dumped all her shares. Now, for someone to sit on the BOARD of NYSE, to have that much power, and then to be privy to information concerning stocks, and not to tell everyone else, but to keep it to herself, that was horrible.

I think she should have done a lot more than four months in some CandyLand Summer Camp For Girls prison in West Virginia.

Her crime would be like [comparatively] if she was in a store, and someone called her cell phone to say "there's a bomb in the building you are in" and she were to say "thank you", hang up the phone, and walk out ... and never tell anyone. Then the bomb goes off, people's lives are shattered, some are dead, others are wounded, still more are maimed.

And that's exactly what she did, financially speaking.

But because she has a gift that makes people money, and draws the big crowds, we give her a pass. We let her by with a slap on the wrist. We don't check into her. We overlook things that we would slam others [the little, unimportant people] down to hell for doing!! We make people like her out to be a hero, only because she can draw people and money.
[So I see the same thing with the body of Christ.]

Let me give a parallel example. If I was some serious inappropriate content addict who looked at naked people all day, I wouldn't go into a job where I filtered out objectionable websites for an internet filtering company.

You get these warning signs about people, and a lot of people brush it under the rug, and just pooh-pooh the danger signs, and just act like everything's okay.

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And Todd Bentley wants this hidden under the rug by saying "Well I don't talk about it because it will hurt the ministry."

It's not just that we should look on molestation more seriously. It's that studies and common sense reflect child molestation is a deeper demonic addiction than just about anything else a person can engage in, and produces more evil and wicked consequences than just about any other kind of sin.

For the offender, it is harder to get out of, than just about anything else.
For the victim, it is harder to deal with, than just about anything else.

Todd Bentley was involved in a sex-abuse RING. He didn't touch a little boy ONE TIME. This was ongoing and ongoing. By the time he got CAUGHT, there were countless others who never told the police, whom he had molested. That's the way it happens. For every ONE offense brought into the light, by the time that is exposed, there are A HUNDRED still left behind in the dark, shattered lives and hopes whose stories will be forever untold, whose silence and shame will permanently etch itself a mark into the mountains of their lives. What is hinted at - around others - is spoken, yelled, and screamed when no one is looking a hundred times more, and far louder.

And, truly, if Todd Bentley was involved, as he has confessed, over a long period of time, systematically helping in the organized sexual abuse of small children, there is something that was rooted deeply in him that HOPEFULLY he has dealt with. Sadly, even though people get saved and born again, they still carry some of these hurts and wounds and problems into their saved life. So then, we begin to push those things out of our minds, saying "well, it's under the blood". But it doesn't matter. The same Moses who killed the Egyptian, before his encounter with God of the burning bush, was the same Moses who in anger struck the rock with that same rage. Moses, post-conversion, still had an anger problem he needed to bring before God. Satan tried to draw Moses back into his old ways - decades later.

You don't magically rid yourself of the ability to be tempted, only because you are saved. Heck, the Bible says that after Satan tempted JESUS in the wilderness, he left Jesus FOR A SEASON. Satan came back to tempt Jesus. Just because the temptations lifted did not mean the devil wasn't going to return.

I just think it's odd that Todd would have a children's orphanage. I would think that someone who was so deeply involved in such evil would, post-conversion, put themselves on safeguard, far, far, far away from being able to EVER do damage like that again, especially since it wasn't so long ago. I would think he would put himself MILES away from any kind of situation which could reopen the door to this temptation. I would think he would NEVER want to have a ministry which puts him in such proximity to children.

All those things said, I truly believe one of three things will happen eventually:
1. Allegations of child sexual abuse will come out within the ministry.
2. A person, or people, will begin to resurface from Canada, whom Todd Bentley abused, and they will tell their story to the media
3. Or both [perhaps #1 will lead to #2].

It has been proven time and time again, that people who "were" [translate "are"] attracted to children, will ultimately abuse again. They cannot help it, because they themselves were implanted with the seed of sexual abuse. Their first exposure to, and understanding of, sex was grossly disfigured by whoever forced his or her way onto them.

They cannot help what was done to them or what was put into them. It's not their fault that these things were ingrained into their system.

But putting themselves in a situation again which could open the door to the enemy, this is very unwise, and is most definitely like playing with fire. The sin - the act - may well be over, but truly the battle rages on and on, in most cases for the rest of their lives.

I only hope I am wrong in this instance.

But I suspect that I am not.

I never once said the revival was NOT of God nor did I question Bentley's ministry.

But when did this become about defending Todd Bentley, the person?

Isn't the revival the faith of His people meeting the Power of their God?

Isn't this supposed to be NOT about personalities?

Didn't Paul say,
"One of you says 'I'm of Paul';
Another says 'I'm of Apollos';
Another says 'I'm of Peter';
Another says 'I'm of Christ',
So why are there divisions among you??""

So why do we have to make this about Todd Bentley?

I'm just asking some honest questions, and this is turning into some kind of personality contest to where people are trying to defend someone they don't even know.

We don't know what is in his mind and in his heart.
We don't see what he does in secret.
We don't see what goes on when the lights are out.

So we don't need to try to prop him up like he's something above the rest of us, because it is God bringing the power, when people bring the faith, and when a person goes home healed, or goes home restored, or goes home better than they were before, Todd Bentley needs no defense nor explanation, - CUZ HE DIDN'T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Look ...
All I am saying is that with such a revival going on, it would behoove Todd Bentley to close the door to Satan's opportunities, lest false [or true] accusation should arise. We all saw what happened to Carlton Pearson's effectiveness in ministry, and his numbers in ministry, and his influence in ministry, and his audience in ministry, when it was revealed that he had gotten off into false doctrine.

Speaking of false doctrine, Todd Bentley claims to have been introduced to "Emma" to lead his ministry, by his spiritual father, elder, and mentor, Bob Jones, who was disfellowshipped from the Vineyard denomination for sexual misconduct, up to and including when he used to bring women into his office, tell them to strip off their clothes while he prophesied to them as they stood "naked before the Lord".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Bob+jones+naked+before+the+lord

"Emma", with whom Bentley regularly communicates, is the angel which brought in the ministry of the "Kansas City prophets" and who, more notably, guided William Branham's ministry. Sure, under Branham's ministry, many were saved, et cetera, but have you read the rest of what Branham's ministry was like? False doctrine was perhaps the biggest downfall of William Branham, espousing such beliefs as the infamous "Serpent's Seed" teaching [Cain being the offspring of a sexual relationship between Satan and Eve], modalism [Oneness Pentecostalism], spiritualized misogeny, and the Manifest Sons of God teaching [that we are now gods, manifested in flesh]. His deceived followers waited a full year after his untimely death for him to rise from the grave and minister again, he having declared himself as opening the seven seals of Revelation, the second coming of Elijah for the last days.

[More on Branham can be read here.]

Paul Cain, also a Branham disciple of the Latter Rain movement, was just invited to speak on Bentley's platform nights ago. You may remember Paul Cain as the Charismatic / Latter Rain / Manifest Sons Of God prophet who was dismissed from ministry by Jack Deere, Mike Bickle, and Rick Joyner when it was discovered and verified that Paul Cain was involved in long-term homosexual relationships and long-term alcoholism, all while in public "prophetic" ministry.

[The full story about Paul Cain can be read here at Charisma's website.]

One must understand Todd Bentley's spiritual heritage to understand his spiritual identity.

Really, if you look at what I am saying, this would help him a lot, rather than hurt him, because if he would take necessary precautions to avoid the traps Satan would lay, then these revivals [supposedly that HE is responsible for, yeah right] would go on and on day after day, and people would get more saved, and people would get more healed, and more would get saved, and more would come back to God, and a partridge in a pear tree.

It really bothers me how Pentecostal Christians turn helpful criticism [which could eventually save their pet revivals and their pet ministers on the long road] and view it as "evil", "touching God's anointed", "critical spirit", "the flesh", and other various and sundry things which are blinding them to the pitfalls that their heroes could easily avoid.

A laundry list of Charismatics who refused to be warned; among them, to name just a FEW,

William Branham [false doctrine],

Jack Coe [pushing himself too much in ministry, overeating, greed],

Roberts Liardon [homosexuality],

Ted Haggard [homosexuality, drug abuse],

Paul Cain [homosexuality, alcoholism],

and Carlton Pearson [false doctrine, willful blindness],

all of whom were "criticized, "God's anointed were touched", "viewed after the flesh", so on and so forth while their cheerleaders egged them on to go on ministering when the evil critics were bringing up those washed-out bridges in the road ahead which had been demolished by the raging storm.

They were "criticized", "judged after the flesh", "God's anointed were touched", et cetera, but I have another word for the above -
WARNED.

If those preachers and ministers had listened to their annoying critics, they'd have fulfilled all the call of God for their lives, more would have been saved, many millions would have been healed, and the opportunities they would have provided with their meetings would have given many the chance to bring the faith as God brought the power.

But, alas, it was not to be.

DAMN THE TORPEDOES!!!! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

... was the famous quote of Commander David Farragut in response to attacks on his mighty vessel.

So it is now with Charismatics in response to their attackers.

Only - Farragut succeeded.

Question is, does it work this way in ministry?

An honest question. It's worth an honest answer.

Reactions: NewSong
Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, is this forum confusing forgiveness with trust?

and you reference his PAST ...

Okay, what about his PRESENT ...

his relationship with the angel "emma"?
his relationship with Bob Jones?
his relationship with Paul Cain?
his PRESENT refusal to be forthcoming about his PAST?

Renee, he hid the information by saying "it was assault", never admitting the assault was sexual until confronted. Then he stated that he doesn't want to talk about it because it would "hurt the ministry". So he doesn't want to hurt "the ministry" [the revenue and the numbers and the right to say "I'm anointed, look at my worldwide ministry"] by being forthright and telling people what happened in the past????

Further, he's got this orphanage where he ministers to children. Would you allow someone who stole millions of dollars handle church finances??

These issues have to be addressed.

We can't pretend they don't exist just because we like the revival.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
paul was about killing christians...

And I'm quite sure you'd allow your children to be in a private room alone with Todd Bentley for an extended period of time, would you?

I'm sure your trust level is up to where it should be.

Reactions: Yekcidmij
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I'm quite sure you'd allow your children to be in a private room alone with Todd Bentley for an extended period of time, would you?

fair point..i would allow no stranger with my kids..

but what about the fact that paul was killing saints..

what if folks brought up his pre saved actions to discredit him?

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If he did this post conversion I'd be very alarmed about him. That plus he was 14 years old.

Do you know how many pastors we'd have to cut out of the pastorate if we aired out everything they did pre conversion and under the age of 18?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If he did this post conversion I'd be very alarmed about him. That plus he was 14 years old.

Do you know how many pastors we'd have to cut out of the pastorate if we aired out everything they did pre conversion and under the age of 18?

I'd have to go!

And..... um....... Is Todd Bently ministering to children, privately?

I thought all this was about mass crusades, in from of hundreds of people and camera's?

This is a problem with some, the boy, (14), committed a crime, underwent counseling, paid the legal penalty for it, AND through it, gave his live to Christ becoming a new creation. He started a new life, has never offended again, got educated, married, raising a family, is serving God.

God has forgiven the child - yet we cannot forgive the man?

Reactions: GrapeGirl
Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Truthfully, Todd Bentley or Mother Teresa or Kenneth Copeland or who's a huge baptist person? Anyway ANYBODY period for liability reasons and to protect adults from false accusations and to protect children from preditors, no church worker should be alone with a child.

Our church has a whole thing on it every year, a film presentation, a form to sign, etc. But anyway the policy is you always work with another adult and you're never alone one on one with a child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd have to go!

And..... um....... Is Todd Bently ministering to children, privately?

I thought all this was about mass crusades, in from of hundreds of people and camera's?

This is a problem with some, the boy, (14), committed a crime, underwent counseling, paid the legal penalty for it, AND through it, gave his live to Christ becoming a new creation. He started a new life, has never offended again, got educated, married, raising a family, is serving God.

God has forgiven the child - yet we cannot forgive the man?
That's because the most feared and ostracized of our society now is those who have been committed of sexual crimes. All you have to do to discredit someone completely is call them a sexual molester. You might as well make the equivalent of a leper colony and make them all live there, since they are beyond hope or salvation.

Upvote 0

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just goes to show that God can use us all..

Abraham lied about Sarah.. and didn't trust God's Word to him..

Moses murdered a man..

Jacob was a liar.. a cheater.. such a scoundrel..

Paul killed Christians..

I sure would not want to be judged & disqualified from service to Him for where I was at before He found me in 2001..

My God forgives when we come to Him.. but He also forgets.. and throws our past into the Sea of Forgetfulness..

And perhaps you will judge me naive.. but I want to be just like my God.. and I know that when HE truly touches you in a mighty way, you change.. I know because my life was completely transformed by His Touch..

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's because the most feared and ostracized of our society now is those who have been committed of sexual crimes. All you have to do to discredit someone completely is call them a sexual molester. You might as well make the equivalent of a leper colony and make them all live there, since they are beyond hope or salvation.

As a Pastor, I'm more than aware of the problem in todays society. Applications, finger prints and background checks are all part of day to day operations.

As a ministry, we have to demonstrate "due diligence" in protecting our children. And I support that 150% and more. Not just for liability, because money is not our focus, our children's safety is.

The main point I was attempting to show was that this is really a minor issue in this circumstance for the following reasons:

• It happened when he was a minor, who, if you read the articles, was himself abused. Anyone who works with abused children will tell you that it is not unusual for them to go from victim to abuser if not helped. That doesn't excuse the action, but must be considered.
  • This child offender went through counseling, served his sentence and has never abused another child. If he was a pedophile, the rate of recidivism is through the roof.
  • Instead of entering into the system over and over, like 90% or more of pedophiles do, he was never accused or arrested again.
  • Five years later, as an adult, he gave his life to Christ, making all things become new.
  • He's educated himself to whatever level he has, has been active in ministry for a number of years, has NOT ONE person he has ministered to or for say anything untoward about him.
  • He's not currently ministering to children.
  • He's not trying to be alone with anyone's child.
  • His ministry is as public as it can be, he has more eyes on him than Ghandi did.
Would he be welcome in my house? Sure, it would be a pleasure to meet and speak with him. Do I completely agree with everything he preaches? No.

I have 9 kids, would he be alone with one of them - no.

But neither would Questioning Christian, or Jimbeaux, or Alpine or Charityagape or anyone else that I don't personally know and have a long time relationship with.

Long and short of it - if you don't like the man's ministry - don't support it.

But have the decency and Christian courtesy to not drag up things that even God has no recollection of.

I hope none of you ever have to have the same scrutiny done to you.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just goes to show that God can use us all..

Abraham lied about Sarah.. and didn't trust God's Word to him..

Moses murdered a man..

Jacob was a liar.. a cheater.. such a scoundrel..

Paul killed Christians..

I sure would not want to be judged & disqualified from service to Him for where I was at before He found me in 2001..

My God forgives when we come to Him.. but He also forgets.. and throws our past into the Sea of Forgetfulness..

And perhaps you will judge me naive.. but I want to be just like my God.. and I know that when HE truly touches you in a mighty way, you change.. I know because my life was completely transformed by His Touch..
seems like sisters always say it better than bros..:)

a big amen to what you said...:amen:

Reactions: Glenda
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Pastor, I'm more than aware of the problem in todays society. Applications, finger prints and background checks are all part of day to day operations.

As a ministry, we have to demonstrate "due diligence" in protecting our children. And I support that 150% and more. Not just for liability, because money is not our focus, our children's safety is.

The main point I was attempting to show was that this is really a minor issue in this circumstance for the following reasons:

• It happened when he was a minor, who, if you read the articles, was himself abused. Anyone who works with abused children will tell you that it is not unusual for them to go from victim to abuser if not helped. That doesn't excuse the action, but must be considered.
  • This child offender went through counseling, served his sentence and has never abused another child. If he was a pedophile, the rate of recidivism is through the roof.
  • Instead of entering into the system over and over, like 90% or more of pedophiles do, he was never accused or arrested again.
  • Five years later, as an adult, he gave his life to Christ, making all things become new.
  • He's educated himself to whatever level he has, has been active in ministry for a number of years, has NOT ONE person he has ministered to or for say anything untoward about him.
  • He's not currently ministering to children.
  • He's not trying to be alone with anyone's child.
  • His ministry is as public as it can be, he has more eyes on him than Ghandi did.
Would he be welcome in my house? Sure, it would be a pleasure to meet and speak with him. Do I completely agree with everything he preaches? No.

I have 9 kids, would he be alone with one of them - no.

But neither would Questioning Christian, or Jimbeaux, or Alpine or Charityagape or anyone else that I don't personally know and have a long time relationship with.

Long and short of it - if you don't like the man's ministry - don't support it.

But have the decency and Christian courtesy to not drag up things that even God has no recollection of.

I hope none of you ever have to have the same scrutiny done to you.

Good points. I should clarify, I'm not against protections against sexual predators. My only point is that no one is past the point of salvation and healing.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

merin

May 11, 2008
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
good points everyone...i used to be a gangster and would stuggle with anger!!! wanting to fight you for whatever!!!!!! then i got saved...never again gotten that upset.12 yrs saved never have gotten anywhere near a fight.
so i dont know...i struggle with inappropriate content now... never did untill after i became a christian...geez

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We make it a special point to never be alone with a child, never touch a child, and never be alone with a women. There is no way to protect yourself from accusations. There is no way to protect yourself from gossip.
Just do not do it.

Reactions: NewSong
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We make it a special point to never be alone with a child, never touch a child, and never be alone with a women. There is no way to protect yourself from accusations. There is no way to protect yourself from gossip.
Just do not do it.
you got a salty wisdom about ya!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
good points everyone...i used to be a gangster and would stuggle with anger!!! wanting to fight you for whatever!!!!!! then i got saved...never again gotten that upset.12 yrs saved never have gotten anywhere near a fight.
so i dont know...i struggle with inappropriate content now... never did untill after i became a christian...geez
blessed are those who know there need for God.

your honesty is the best first step!

God will not fall off his throne,talk to him about it.

He has all the answers..:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.