Re: Women Priests and other Bible questions asked of me as a Woman in modern society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus'TroublesomeAngel

Angel of God
Jun 15, 2004
Visit site
✟15,506.00
Faith
Catholic
I do worry more about my own sins than others...but I am very scared for some I can't help it.
Some people I honestly cannot barely imagine them giving Jesus a 2nd thought let alone kneeling in Prayer at Mass and they're such great people I don't want them to miss out. :(

Upvote 0

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus'TroublesomeAngel said:
Some people I honestly cannot barely imagine them giving Jesus a 2nd thought let alone kneeling in Prayer at Mass and they're such great people I don't want them to miss out. :(
That's a good attitude. We desire the salvation of all souls. Pray for them, be yourself (the best authentic witness they will see), and love them. They'll become curious about why you're different, and once that happens, mwahaha! ;)

Upvote 0

Lady_Firehawk

With new mint flavor crystals!
Mar 20, 2004
Evergreen State College
✟10,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Jesus'TroublesomeAngel said:
So it's ok to date someone who may have had a past and hasn't been raised to believe in Christ so long as they're good people otherwise and respect you and your choice to be Religious?
And you can Pray for their conversion and more or less live your faith as an example to others instead of preaching.

I ask because there's nice enough people to be friends with etc but a lot of young people don't believe in God or if they do, they don't actually practise Faith etc...And I wouldn't want to not be friends with anyone based on that and I couldn't not date someone just because they may not have been raised as a Catholic etc...You know what I mean?

I'm not Catholic, so I really can't answer your question from that angle, but I've been led to believe that missionary dating is generally a bad idea... it's one thing to be friends with a non-Christian, but quite another to date one, because that introduces whole new layers of complication. :) I can't answer the 'what if he isn't Catholic' question though...

Upvote 0
A

Archbishop 10-K

To the original poster,

One of the most interesting contradictions of all time is that some secularists accuse us of being sexist, while some Protestants accuse us of worshipping Mary (and sometimes both at the same time!)

I think that the honor we give to Mary, the Mother of God and the New Eve, is a prime example of how the Church can't possibly be sexist. No other Christian group save for the Orthodox and some high-church Anglicans can claim this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.