• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Rats vs Squirrels

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Landon Caeli, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Everybody's Playing in the Heart of Gold Band Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+4,258
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Anyone ever wonder wo would win in a fight, between a squirrel and a rat? Well I wondered, so I looked it up and what I found was as funny as the movie Ice Age. :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+5,274
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    I'm impressed by what I have seen on the news about squirrel attacks on humans. Rat's don't usually have the gumption to do that one on one, so I would favor the squirrel unless their are multiple rats etc. fighting as a pack.

Anyway had a thread on squirrels a year or so ago.
    Squirrel Attacks... the latest sign of the Apocalypse?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  3. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Everybody's Playing in the Heart of Gold Band Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+4,258
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    "This debate has two sides, those who side with rats and those who are correct. Squirrels win in speed, quickness, agility, brashness and trash talking. It’s not really a contest. A rat can try its hardest, but in any athleticism competition against a squirrel, all it can say is, “Oh, rats!”

Squirrels vs. Rats - WIUX

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Pavel Mosko

+5,274
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    I was actually impressed that in the first couple a minutes the rats were able to bushwack the squirrel half the time and get it to retreat until he started using his squirrel brain and the jig was up. He just kept eating the seed, grain or whatever with his guard up facing them and they were just lucky to snag a few bits here and there.

5. Landon Caeli

+4,258
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that squirrel at the start of the video had a bad leg.

6. Pavel Mosko

+5,274
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    I just wondered if they in their instincts are really programmed to flee as a basic reflex instinct. Because they are really impressive if they decide to go after humans, so dealing with some punk rats should be no problem.

7. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,831
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I was amazed to watch a confrontation between a rabbit and a dog. The rabbit normally stayed out in a hutch and the dog stayed mostly indoors. But we brought the rabbit in one day, watching carefully to be sure the rabbit was safe. It thumped it's feet a couple of times and the dog quickly retreated and left the room. Rabbits rule and dogs drool?

8. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,662
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Obviously not a Corgi!

9. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+7,087
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    I loved that while the rats and squirrel were competing and distracted with one another, a mourning dove just struts around enjoying the day. :)

10. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI Supporter

+2,445
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    What's the difference between a squirrel and a chipmunk?

11. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,105
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    There was a favorite passage from one tree to another, beside the road by my house, on a fat phone cable. No problem for one squirrel to go on, but two could not pass, without one or both making considerable compensations for displacement.

One day I was watching as one "old" (I thought) scraggly, thin and worn out looking squirrel was heading west, and a "young buck", strong and healthy-looking, as though he weighed at least twice the other one's weight, was heading east on the same cable. They came near the center, and the young one charged the old one, who stopped and waited for the young one, who ran right through him —except the old one did nothing but jump straight up in the air, like the squirrel in the video did! The young one didn't meet the resistance he apparently had expected, and lost his footing and almost fell, while the old one continued on his way unperturbed. I wanted to go shake his hand.

12. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+9,169
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Aren't squirrels just rats with good PR?

13. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+9,169
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We watched our dog chasing a wild rabbit in our garden one day. The rabbit ducked into the shrubs around our house and the dog was hot on its heels. Then the dog reappeared out the shrubs a bit further down, still 'searching' for the rabbit, which slowly hopped back out of the shrubs where it had entered. It had obviously stood its ground, and our dog, not wanting to lose face, continued on as if it had not seen it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,831
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Wasn't it a Corgi that bit the queen?

15. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,662
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    :oops: That was my great, great, great, grandad...He was annoyed because the Queen eat one of his biscuits...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,679
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Rabbits can be amazingly brave and ferocious.

17. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+7,736
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    We have a very fast dog, about 50lbs, thin and long legged, about 4 years old, and a squirrel in the yard one day who already knows our dog well was caught out in the open, and the dog ran at it, and off they went, and just when he was going to get it, it took an amazing 90 turn like in just an instant, sharper than I imagined possible, and the dog went right past and then as the dog realized and turned to look the squirrel ran past him and off they went but now the squirrel was close enough to a tall evergreen tree and made it.

So, they seem to have a very good sense of speed and angle and timing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+7,087
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    There is live wildlife animal cam I watch sometimes and they recorded a video of a hawk attacking a squirrel at the feeder numerous times with the squirrel seeming to taunt the hawk each and every time and the hawk never did get the squirrel.