May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
6--If I had heard Haste the Day when I was 16, I think I would have been all over it. However, I was not 16 when Burning Bridges released. I remembering sampling the album at the bookstore and thinking, "These guys listened to a whole lot of Zao before hitting the studio." Which may or may not be a bad thing--but for a 20-year-old who was getting out of the metal scene as his genre of choice, it failed to excite. As a song, "American Love" is decent. I wouldn't switch the radio if this came on. But it wouldn't inspire me to check out more Haste the Day albums.

I was going to post the track that got me into metal (Extol's "Reflections of a Broken Soul"), but unfortunately it isn't on youtube. So I'll post a track from that album that IS on the tubes:
Extol - Burial - YouTube

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I loved the update to the guitar line, and everything flowed nice. The one thing I did not like is the voice. Far too much vibrato and he did not articulate well. Marty Robbins at least kept his articulation through the vibrato(mostly). I like the cover, its just not as good as the original. It doesn't really stand on its own(which I think a good cover should do). I always thought it should be covered with a ukelele. :)

Gungor - Crags and Clay (3/13) - YouTube

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Upvote 0

MomOf2nApril

Aug 26, 2013
Colorado
✟15,300.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
7.5/10 - She's got a great voice, and I like the music alright. But as far as replay ability...well, it's one I could see myself wearing out on pretty quickly.

Well, as it turns out, I can't directly link because I don't have enough posts. So copy and paste, and remove the spaces.

Soldiers by Otherwise
http :// m. youtube. com/ watch?v=Hr_4oqXVyDY

Upvote 0