• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Zoli12452

Mar 27, 2022
Mures
✟9,257.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need help in this cause i don't know what to do ,i want to repent and decide finally
I have had this feeling of something's wrong and i'm lukewarm and wordly. Looking at other comments regarding similar topics, they suggest it's something like ocd,
I know its something unimportant and all but i feel like it's trapped my thoughts. So 2 and something months ago i told God i'll leave video games,and i want to get closer to Him.
I havent been playing much , but i felt an urge to say this,cause i have been thinking about it as what good is it to play,it may be wordly and bad,i didnt know.I didnt know about bible verses concerning promises\vows or these

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need help in this cause i don't know what to do ,i want to repent and decide finally
I have had this feeling of something's wrong and i'm lukewarm and wordly. Looking at other comments regarding similar topics, they suggest it's something like ocd,
I know its something unimportant and all but i feel like it's trapped my thoughts. So 2 and something months ago i told God i'll leave video games,and i want to get closer to Him.
I havent been playing much , but i felt an urge to say this,cause i have been thinking about it as what good is it to play,it may be wordly and bad,i didnt know.I didnt know about bible verses concerning promises\vows or these
Beloved one, consider Isaiah 55:6-7 and repent.

Also consider Hosea 12:6 and seek the Lord’s help.

And come to Jesus, seek His face.

May God’s peace be with you. Amen.

Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,927.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not think that playing video games makes you any more wordly than watching a movie or hiking or excercising or doing sports or whatever you can do in free time.

We are humans and we need some relax, mainly in the current stressful and speedy lifestyle.

Just do not play games filled with occultism, spiritism, gods etc, find clean ones.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Just start reading the Bible, all of it. Huge portions per day. Become very familiar with it. And pray. God is not impressed with your promises. But he is more than aware that there's not much to us. Get to know him. This takes time.

Upvote 0

Zoli12452

Mar 27, 2022
Mures
✟9,257.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to let it go, it just feels binding cause i said it and feel bad about all of this. I know i shouldn't promise anything,and the Bible says if you promised something keep your word.I didn't specify how long i'll leave them and that's what got me thinking,because it's easy to break.I have broken it a few times.I just don't know how to decide,cause if i say i won't play anymore,i dont want to have this on my mind,and probably break it ,and if i say i can't keep it,i feel guilty.I asked for forgiveness many times,but still couldn't decide in this and if its not solved,its on my mind

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have had this feeling of something's wrong and i'm lukewarm and wordly

Be practical, is something wrong?
What is your health like?
Are you sleeping well, eating etc etc?

Read the ten commandments, they outline how God wants us to behave, so are you following them?

re promises Jesus said, ' Let your yes be yes and your no be no. He knows if we make promises we are going to brake them, so don't make them.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, it may be OCD (obsesive compusive disorder) which is a thought obsession, and while it has a psychiatric explanation, it is really an abnormal mind control, which often goes away when one surrenders their meditations to the Lord Jesus and stays in communion with Him daily (not just religious reasonings). Satan works always to trouble our thoughts and draw us away from God. I recommend you put the Lord Jesus in your mind by prayer to Him daily, and make Him your 'best Friend'. He will not only releive you, but preserve you for Heaven (which is the MOST important end: note John 3; John 14; and a ALL the four Gospel books). Therein is your remedy, I feel sure!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoli12452

Mar 27, 2022
Mures
✟9,257.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it may be OCD (obsesive compusive disorder) which is a thought obsession, and while it has a psychiatric explanation, it is really an abnormal mind control, which often goes away when one surrenders their meditations to the Lord Jesus and stays in communion with Him daily (not just religious reasonings). Satan works always to trouble our thoughts and draw us away from God. I recommend you put the Lord Jesus in your mind by prayer to Him daily, and make Him your 'best Friend'. He will not only releive you, but preserve you for Heaven (which is the MOST important end: note John 3; John 14; and a ALL the four Gospel books). Therein is your remedy, I feel sure!

Thank you for the answer!
I want the life He gives,and feel free.I want to meditate on Him,I just feel like i've bound myself unnecessarily
I probably promised many more things in the past what i've forgot, right now here's this promise ,the Bible says keep your word.I dont want to overexplain ,its not that i wouldn't let go of games, its just because i said it, so it's been on my mind ,if i forget it,if i'll play 1 min then it might be broken and sin.I just dont want to sin,i know i have to repent of obsessing over this,but am not sure what to say in prayer

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you for the answer!
I want the life He gives,and feel free.I want to meditate on Him,I just feel like i've bound myself unnecessarily
I probably promised many more things in the past what i've forgot, right now here's this promise ,the Bible says keep your word.I dont want to overexplain ,its not that i wouldn't let go of games, its just because i said it, so it's been on my mind ,if i forget it,if i'll play 1 min then it might be broken and sin.I just dont want to sin,i know i have to repent of obsessing over this,but am not sure what to say in prayer
You don't have to present a worthy prayer. As a matter of fact, none of us is capable of putting into words what God sees in us, bad and good.

Don't assume that God will not deal with you if you don't approach him right. We are all incapable of getting our ducks in a row.

Our words towards him are child's prattle. We don't know what to pray, but we emote towards him anyhow, because he is our very life. Get to know him; spend your time reading his Word he has given us, and talking with him. He loves that, by the way.

• Agree
Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kazu

Dec 11, 2022
Veneto
✟14,193.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Zoli, I'm in a similar position as I vowed to renounce videogames. Searched a lot online but it's hard to find a definitive answer. I tried to repent the vow, but still not sure if it is possible to break it and be forgiven.
What you decided to do? Did you keep the vow or broke it?

Upvote 0

Zoli12452

Mar 27, 2022
Mures
✟9,257.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Zoli, I'm in a similar position as I vowed to renounce videogames. Searched a lot online but it's hard to find a definitive answer. I tried to repent the vow, but still not sure if it is possible to break it and be forgiven.
What you decided to do? Did you keep the vow or broke it?
Hi.
Ask for forgiveness through Jesus and God will forgive you,and it's washed away. I had already left this and do not worry about any more. I needed others help, i emailed people, got answer. I'm now asking God to deliver me from all my fears and baptize me in the Holy Spirit,because He is the One whom we need,the One who will teach us and lead us personally into all truth.
Ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Shalom

Reactions: Kazu
Upvote 0

Zoli12452

Mar 27, 2022
Mures
✟9,257.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't feel guilty over past things you have already repented of and don't allow Satan's accusations.
Once he sees you giving in he ll keep accussing you.
Meditate on Jesus words instead.
In future don't promise anything,just do things without promising.
God is good and will still answer you even without a promise.
He's your Father and loves you and wants to answer you,so just ask without a promise.

Ask for the Holy Spirit baptism.

Reactions: Kazu
Upvote 0

Kazu

Dec 11, 2022
Veneto
✟14,193.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't feel guilty over past things you have already repented of and don't allow Satan's accusations.
Once he sees you giving in he ll keep accussing you.
Meditate on Jesus words instead.
In future don't promise anything,just do things without promising.
God is good and will still answer you even without a promise.
He's your Father and loves you and wants to answer you,so just ask without a promise.

Ask for the Holy Spirit baptism.
Thank you a lot for taking time answering me!

God bless you

Upvote 0