Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In nuclear engineering a brief explantion of "critical mass" triggering an event like an atomic explosion is -

In nuclear engineering, a critical mass is the smallest amount of fissile material needed for a sustained nuclear chain reaction.

In the Bible there is such a similar matter with the rapture of a critical mass of Christians who are watching and ready.
I submit that in the past to thousand years of church history some individuals and small groups have probably been ready to be rapture.
The died in hope which was not in vain.

At the end of this age a critical mass of such will be enlarged and as a remnant will be raptured.
The majority of the saints, however, will pass through the great tribulation. Their taking to the Lord in the air will be latter.
Allow me to try to prove this. Some have referred to this as "Selective Rapture."

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation chapter 14 is avery good place to have a corner study of this selective rapture of a critical mass.
The very structure of the chapter strongly implies so.

The chapter begins with a vision of Firstfruits that have been taken to heaven.
The intervening sections describe the major events of the great tribulation.
The concluding sections discribe the closing events of the great tribulation including the Harvest.

See how the two raptures flank the Great Tribulation - one prior to it and the other at its end.

Firstfruits
followed by Harvest speaks of timing of ripeness.
Firstfruits taken before the events of the great tribulation speak of readiness and maturity PRIOR to the great tribulation.
Harvest taken at the end of the events of the great tribulation speak of readiness achieved DURING the preasure and "heat" of that tribulation.

Here is the sequence of visions of Revelation 14 as outlined in the Recovery Version of the Bible.
The word "critical mass" applied to this chapter is solely my own application as far as I know.

a.) The Firstfruits of Believers before the Great Tribulation verses 1 - 5.
b.) The Eternal Gospel in the Great Tribulation verses 6 - 7.
c.) The Fall of Religious Babylon in the Great Tribulation verse 8.
d.) The Warning against the Worship of Antichrist in the Great Tribulation verses 9 - 12.
e.) The Blessing of the Martyrs in the Great Tribulation verse 13.

f.) The Harvest of the Believers near the End of the Great Tribulation verses 14 - 16.
g.) The Gathering of the Grapes (the Evildoers) at the End of the Great Tribulation verses 17 - 20.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tend to be verbose and I tend to be preemptive knowing beforehand some major objections.

My opinion that the critical mass of the Firstfruits is given a number mainly to indicate a selection under the vast majority of saints - a remnant.
I do not believe only males or only single unmarried people are a part of a pre-tribulation rapture.
The number 144,000 I take at this time mainly to indicate a perfection of maturity and a remnant.

My term is "critical mass."
When a critical mass of those walking in the Spirit vigilantly is secured suddenly this group from all over the earth will appear with the Lamb on a heavenly Mt. Zion having been raptured before the start of the great tribulation.
Also some in the past who died ready will be resurrecred and raptured along with them. But that is covered in Revelation chapter 12.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Firstfrtuis and Harvest symbols are consistent with the kingdom of God being a matter of growth, maturity, and ripeness.
Christ is planted to GROW in His people in the kingdom of God.

"And He said, So the kingdom of God: as a man cast seed on the earth,
And he sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and lengthens -
how, he does not know.
The earth bears fruit by itself:
first a blade,
then an ear,
then full grain in the ear.

But when the fruit is ripe, immediately he sends forth the sickle, because the harvest has come." (Mark 4:26-29)

The kingdom of God is at each stage of growth.
Rapture then should not be viewed completely automatically.
Rather it is the result of the maturity of the crop of God's people on earth.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One may ask "Why then did not the Lord reap the harvest in the first century or earlier?"

That is up to God's sovereignty. He wanted the gospel to spread to the whole earth.
Here and there there arose those who probably were ready to be taken,
Their readiniess was not in vain as they died in faith.

But at the end of this age a critical mass of a remnant among the majority will spearhead this rapture.
If not the rapture would not be always spoken by the Lord in terms of warning.
What is totally automatic has no need for vigilance, watching, and readiness.

Notice the tone of the Lord for WATCHING.

"At that time two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left.
Two women will by grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.
Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes.

But know this, that if the householder had known in which watch the thief was coming, he would have watched and would
not have allowed his house to be broken into.

For this reason you also be ready, because at an hour when you do not expect it, the Son of Man is coming." (Matt. 24:40-44).

" . . .two men will be in the field . . . "
"Two women will by grinding . . . "

"TWO"
does not garuantee one is Christian and one is not.
"TWO" does mean one is Christian and watching to live in the Lord and one is Christian and is less so.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Above in Matthew 24:40-44 it is important to see that these Christians are going about thier daily duties.
Jesus didn't say "Two will be singing and praying in a worship service."

The two are about thier legitimate daily activities. But inwardly one is abiding in the presence of the Lord more carefully.
She or he has learned to remain, linger, and log more time with thier heart set on the Lord and on the things which are above.

Even unconsciously, one is enjoying the Lord having built up a habit to set the mind on the spirit (Romans 8:5-12; Gal. 5:16; Col. 3:1-14).
If rapture was 100% automatic the tone of WARNING to be watchful would not be used.

There will be an early taking of Firstfruits before the great tribulation.
And there will be a latter taking of the majority Harvest having LEARNED a harder way to watch and prepare for being taken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Testament says "Until we all arrive . . . "
It does not say all must arrive at the same time.

The Bible says we should notice those who are inheriting the promises and be imitators of their example.
This means some are maturing and serve as models to emulate.

"That you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and longsuffering are inheriting the promises." (Hebrews 6:12)

To assume that such an exhortation does not apply to Christians in the matter of rapture, I think, is risky and unrealistic.
Missing the early rapture is not a matter of losing eternal redemption which is eternally secure to the believer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No Christian should conclude with pride or haughty assurance that they know THEY will be taken early.
There is here no room for either pride or negligence.

There are no "card carrying" Christians self garuanteed that when He suddenly snatches some away from the earth, they cannot fail to be one. Presumption is not warranted. Humility is sustained until the moment.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The addtion to two Christians working in the field and two Christians grinding at a mill (Matt. 24:40,41) is seen in Luke 17:34.

"I tell you, In that night there will be two on one bed; the one will be taken but the other will be left."

This suggests even while sleeping a certain amount of abiding in the Lord needs to be cultivated.
This suggests learning to work and rest with the Lord Jesus.
This suggests on one side of the planet in the day some will be taken and on the other side at night some will be taken.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me see if I can generate a little more interest here on this thread on the rapture of a critical mass.

Question to anyone: (And I think either pre-trib or post-trib rapture could apply)

Why do you believe that if there is a rapture, every Christian on living or asleep must be raptured at the same time?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In nuclear engineering a brief explantion of "critical mass" triggering an event like an atomic explosion is -

In nuclear engineering, a critical mass is the smallest amount of fissile material needed for a sustained nuclear chain reaction.

In the Bible there is such a similar matter with the rapture of a critical mass of Christians who are watching and ready.
I submit that in the past to thousand years of church history some individuals and small groups have probably been ready to be rapture.
The died in hope which was not in vain.

At the end of this age a critical mass of such will be enlarged and as a remnant will be raptured.
The majority of the saints, however, will pass through the great tribulation. Their taking to the Lord in the air will be latter.
Allow me to try to prove this. Some have referred to this as "Selective Rapture."
God`s word says that the Lord will come together us when He has brought us to the unity of the faith of the Son of God, to a perfect, (mature), man, to the measure of the statue of the fullness of Christ.` (Eph. 4: 13)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God`s word says that the Lord will come together us when He has brought us to the unity of the faith of the Son of God, to a perfect, (mature), man, to the measure of the statue of the fullness of Christ.` (Eph. 4: 13)
Thankyou Marilyn C for this wonderful passage.

"Until we all arrive at the oneness of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, at a full-grown man, at the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ." (Eph, 4:13 RcV)

Do you feel that this verse ties God's hands so that He HAS to rapture all the believers at one time?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou Marilyn C for this wonderful passage.

"Until we all arrive at the oneness of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, at a full-grown man, at the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ." (Eph, 4:13 RcV)

Do you feel that this verse ties God's hands so that He HAS to rapture all the believers at one time?
Hi oikoomia,

Good question. I believe that God the Father has planned that all come under the rulership of Christ. (Eph. 1: 9 & 10) The Body of Christ is a part of that eternal purpose. (Eph. 3: 11) Thus, being the Father`s will that His Son should come and gather His Body together to rule and reign with Him on His own throne, I believe it will happen. (very soon) (Acts 3: 20, Rev. 3: 21)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi oikoomia,

Good question. I believe that God the Father has planned that all come under the rulership of Christ. (Eph. 1: 9 & 10) The Body of Christ is a part of that eternal purpose. (Eph. 3: 11) Thus, being the Father`s will that His Son should come and gather His Body together to rule and reign with Him on His own throne, I believe it will happen. (very soon) (Acts 3: 20, Rev. 3: 21)
I admire your wisdom to stick to the bottom line.

I too believe that possibly in our lifetime the Lord's first rapture may very well take place.
For His purpose He must cause Christ to grow in people.

Some throught the centuries have grown well and were ready to meet the Lord.
They had to rest in Paradise (under the earth) because a "critical mass" of such had not yet been achieved.
That is also, let alone the totality of His people.

There is a time when a "critical mass," yet a minority and remnant of the entire body of believers is met and built up together on earth.
And this remnant consists of living overcomers and sleeping overcomers.
Generally the living overcomers at that time are represented by the Firstfruits of Revelation 14 who are raptured.
And the sleeping or deceased overcomers at that time are represented by the Manchild of Revelation 12 who are raptured.

Around the same time or AT the same time the Firstfruits and the Manchild will both be raptured PRE- great tribulation.
Those who are of the universal Church, saved, or who will be saved are the majority who must pass THROUGH the great tribulation.
That majority is the rapture of the HARVEST in Revelation 14.

We hope to not have to pass through that accerated heated time of three and one half years.
But the majority of Christians present and pass will pass through.

Neither Justification by Faith, nor the assurance of salvation, nor the assurance of eternal redemption tie God's hands so that He HAS to rapture all the Christians on earth (or deceased) at one time. This is what this thread is about. And I hope if you stay you find it edifying.
The Lord be with your spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I admire your wisdom to stick to the bottom line.

I too believe that possibly in our lifetime the Lord's first rapture may very well take place.
For His purpose He must cause Christ to grow in people.

Some throught the centuries have grown well and were ready to meet the Lord.
They had to rest in Paradise (under the earth) because a "critical mass" of such had not yet been achieved.
That is also, let alone the totality of His people.

There is a time when a "critical mass," yet a minority and remnant of the entire body of believers is met and built up together on earth.
And this remant consists of living overcomers and sleeping overcomers.
Generally the living overcomers at that time are represented by the Firstfruits of Revelation 14 who are raptured.
And the sleeping or deceased overcomers at that time are represented by the Manchild of Revelation 12 who are raptured.

Around the same time or AT the same time the Firstfruits and the Manchild will both be raptured PRE- great tribulation.
Those who are of the universal Church, saved, or who will be saved are the majority who must pass THROUGH the great tribulation.
That majority is the rapture of the HARVEST in Revelation 14.

We hope to not have to pass through that accerated heated time of three and one half years.
But the majority of Christians present and pass will pass through.

Neither Justification by Faith, nor the assurance of salvation, nor the assurance of eternal redemption tie God's hands so that He HAS to rapture all the Christians on earth (or deceased) at one time. This is what this thread is about. And I hope if you stay you find it edifying.
The Lord be with your spirit.
The Body of Christ has a particular purpose, to rule and reign with the Lord on His own throne in the highest. (Rev. 3: 21) That is BEFORE the tribulation for from that throne (Rev. 4) will come forth the judgments, (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3).

Those who turn to God in the trib, will not be in the Body of Christ but go on to the new earth. (Rev. 21: 24) That is why the great multitude have palm branches (Rev. 7:9) indicating the time of Tabernacles, which is when the glory of God comes upon the NJ and over the earth. (Rev. 21: 3)

We do not `come down` but are with the Lord on His seat of power and authority. The Lord has other `thrones` in the other realms, (universe and earth) however they just represent His authority but NOT His central seat of power.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Body of Christ has a particular purpose, to rule and reign with the Lord on His own throne in the highest. (Rev. 3: 21) That is BEFORE the tribulation for from that throne (Rev. 4) will come forth the judgments, (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3).
My responses will gravitate towards the subject of this thread -"Rapture of a critical mass."
Surely, other issues exist. Okay?

The promise to reign with Christ in Rev. 3:21 is to "he who overcomes."
As in reigning so also in rapture. Both are first a reward for not being defeated but overcoming.

Ie. "BECAUSE . . . you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth." (Rev. 3:10)

BECAUSE - (condition was met) - REWARD (is given)
As in all of the other letters in Revelation 2,3 this is not a promise to the superspiritual. It is a promise to what is to be NORMAL.
This is not a call to be ABOVE the standard. It is a call to be AT the standard.

The primise to reign with Christ is to those who by their cooperation with His grace rose to the expected normal standard.
Notice, that ALL three of the Lord's servants are members of His mystical Body. But two reign and one is disciplined for that period.

" And the first (slave) appeared, saying, Master, your mina has gained ten minas.
And he said to him, Well done, good slave. Because you have become faithful on the least, have authority over ten cities.
And the second came, saying, Your mina, master, has made five minas.

And he sid to this one as well, And you, be over five cities." (Luke 19:,16-19)

Here a Christian is rewarded to reign with Christ over ten cities in the millennium.
Here a Christian is rewarded to reign with Christ over five cities in the millennium.

I will skip some of the details of the THIRD slave of the Master.
But his nature as a servant is EXACTLY the same as the previous two and instead of reigning he is disciplined.

"And the other came, saying, Master, behold your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; For I was afraid . . . " etc. etc. [eloquent excuses ] . . etc.
"And to those standing by he said, Take the mina away from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas . . . I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but to him who does not have even that which he has shall be taken away." (v.24.26)

Over how many cities does this one reign with Christ in the millennium? . . . over none then.
Is he then an unbeliever who has not the life of Christ and is not a member of the mystical Body of Christ?
He IS a Christian for he is not of the next distinct group of the master's enemies.

"HOWEVER . . . these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me." (v.27)

A critical group, a minority, a remnant are raptured before the great tribulation.
And a critical group a minorit, a remnant co-reign with Christ during the millennial kingdom.

"BECAUSE . . . you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth." (Rev. 3:10)

Remember?
Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.
Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes." (Matt. 24:40-43)

Those who turn to God in the trib, will not be in the Body of Christ but go on to the new earth. (Rev. 21: 24) That is why the great multitude have palm branches (Rev. 7:9) indicating the time of Tabernacles, which is when the glory of God comes upon the NJ and over the earth. (Rev. 21: 3)
Rather, the majority who were left in the first rapture will with soberiety and revival will then desperately TURN to Christ from being defeated. And the lessons which they were to learn in keeping the word of His endurance they NOW will make up under the conditions of the HEAT of the great tribulation of three and one half years.

This you should see from Revelation 14. In God's crop on the earth, there are EARLY ripe plants (FIRSTFRUITS 14:1-5) and LATTER ripened plants as (HARVEST 14:14-16). Between the two reapings there are described the major events of the great tribulation (vs. 6 through 13).

We do not `come down` but are with the Lord on His seat of power and authority. The Lord has other `thrones` in the other realms, (universe and earth) however they just represent His authority but NOT His central seat of power.
I would like to speak to this latter. But I see that see RAPTURE in Revelation chapter 4.
But the elders on the 24 thrones around the throne of the Creator are not the elders of the Christian church.
If so, John, one of the original twelve disciples, should be among them. How was John not an "elder" among all Christians?

The elders there are the elders of CREATION - the oldest created beings which God created. That would be ancient angels.
This chapter is focused on the Creator of the universe. And His ELDEST servants are not human beings but angels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My responses will gravitate towards the subject of this thread -"Rapture of a critical mass."
Surely, other issues exist. Okay?

The promise to reign with Christ in Rev. 3:21 is to "he who overcomes."
As in reigning so also in rapture. Both are first a reward for not being defeated but overcoming.

Ie. "BECAUSE . . . you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth." (Rev. 3:10)

BECAUSE - (condition was met) - REWARD (is given)
As in all of the other letters in Revelation 2,3 this is not a promise to the superspiritual. It is a promise to what is to be NORMAL.
This is not a call to be ABOVE the standard. It is a call to be AT the standard.

The primise to reign with Christ is to those who by their cooperation with His grace rose to the expected normal standard.
Notice, that ALL three of the Lord's servants are members of His mystical Body. But two reign and one is disciplined for that period.

" And the first (slave) appeared, saying, Master, your mina has gained ten minas.
And he said to him, Well done, good slave. Because you have become faithful on the least, have authority over ten cities."
And the second came, saying, Your mina, master, has made five minas.

And he sid to this one as well, And you, be over five cities." (Luke 19:,16-19)

Here a Christian is rewarded to reign with Christ over ten cities in the millennium.
Here a Christian is rewarded to reign with Christ over five cities in the millennium.

I will skip some of the details of the THIRD slave of the Master.
But his nature as a servant is EXACTLY the same as the previous two and instead of reigning he is disciplined.

"And the other came, saying, Master, behold your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; For I was afraid . . . " etc. etc. [elequent excuses ] . . etc.
"And to those standing by he said, Take the mina away from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas . . . I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but to him who does not have even that which he has shall be taken away." (v.24.26)

Over how many cities does this one reign with Christ in the millennium? . . . over none then.
Is he then an unbeliever who has not the life of Christ and is not a member of the mystical Body of Christ?
He IS a Christian for he is not of the next distinct group of the master's enemies.

"HOWEVER . . . these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me." (v.27)

A critical group, a minority, a remnant are raptured before the great tribulation.
And a critical group a minorit, a remnant co-reign with Christ during the millennial kingdom.

"BECAUSE . . . you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth." (Rev. 3:10)

Remember?
Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.
Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes." (Matt. 24:40-43)

Rather, the majority who were left in the first rapture will with soberiety and revival will then desperately TURN to Christ from being defeated.
And the lessons which they were to learn in keeping the word of His endurance they NOW will make up under the conditions of the HEAT of the great tribulation of three and one half years.

This you should see from Revelation 14. In God's crop on the earth, there are EARLY ripe plants (FIRSTFRUITS 14:1-5) and LATTER ripened plants as (HARVEST 14:14-16). Between the two reapings there are described the major events of the great tribulation (vs. 6 through 13).

I would like to speak to this latter. But I see that see RAPTURE in Revelation chapter 4.
But the elders on the 24 thrones around the throne of the Creator are not the elders of the Christian church.
If so, John, one of the original twelve disciples, should be among them. How was John not an "elder" among all Christians?

The elders there are the elders of CREATION - the oldest created beings which God created. That would be ancient angels.
This chapter is focused on the Creator of the universe. And His ELDEST servants are not human beings but angels.
I agree about the overcomers and also that they be looking eagerly for the Lord`s return. (Heb. 9: 28) That is for individuals and corporately we need to come to the unity of the faith, (not ecumenicalism) and the knowledge of the Son of God...` (Eph. 4: 13)

Much of what else you write concerns Israel and the nations so not for us.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree about the overcomers and also that they be looking eagerly for the Lord`s return. (Heb. 9: 28) That is for individuals and corporately we need to come to the unity of the faith, (not ecumenicalism) and the knowledge of the Son of God...` (Eph. 4: 13)

Much of what else you write concerns Israel and the nations so not for us.
Yes, we build up one another in love. And this love in the Spirit aids us to "reign in life."
Some saints are simply too hard on themselves because this Christian life is not designed for us to make it that well alone.

He wants us to reign in life yet corporately. That fulfills not just our individual need to be victorious. But it meets His need to build up the Body filled with His life. How good and sweet it is when brothers dwell together in unity. For there God COMMANDS the blessing - life forevermore (See Psalm 133).

For this smaller groups or what some call "cell groups" is very helptful. So we should encourage believers to group up two or three in their homes. These smaller groups (if FOCUSED on enjoying Christ) can help saints to the build up one another. And in the building up grace flows and we can reign in life. Today to reign in life over the old self will translated into reigning with Christ over the earth in the millennium.

"And he said to him, Well done, good and slave, Because you have been faithful in the least, have authority over ten cities." (Luke 19:17)
And another sister verse like this:
"And His master said to him,Well done, good and faithful slave. You wre faithful over a few things; I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master." (Matt. 25:23)

These teachings are for disciples saved by faith in Lord Jesus. Don't you believe for a minute that the parable of the talents and the minas are only meant for Israel. The temptation to assign everything tough in the New Testament to Israel and everything easy to the church is the result of taking Reform theology too far beyond how far it should be taken.

Upvote 0