Peterthepebble

Sep 29, 2004
✟15,299.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Being a black male from the UK and a subscriber to Rapture Forums, I was a bit dismayed by an article they included in their news letter called "Its time to call out Black Racism". It is an article written by Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam.
It was originally posted on a website called Frontpage Mag. I havent come across this site before but I can ascertain that its views are rabidly right wing which I conclude is a place for conservative political commentators. My issue is not with the article as it stands becuase everyones got an opinion, but that a Christian website dedicated to a Biblical viewpoint on world events including end times should include such an inflammatory article in its News letter List. However this is the US and views are polarised and extreme at best, and this is the way a lot of People in the US think, but to include Christians who embrace God's love for everyone and have this double standard of overt racist thinking is disturbing. You can check the article for yourself:

http://www.raptureforums.com/Featur...m_campaign=Rapture+Forums+Newsletter+8/8/2015

I'm also not going to get super sensitive about it, but it does throw up the word "hypocracy", in my eyes.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
http://www.raptureforums.com/FeaturedCommentary/itstimetocalloutblackracism.cfm
I fixed your link.

I'm actually a former banned member of Rapture Forums (as well as Rapture Ready), as I used to believe in the rapture (i.e. premillenial dispensationalism). However, when I began to question the doctrines I was raised with, it wasn't acceptable there, even when I kept it to their apologetics forums (do those even still exist) and even though I had been a member for a while. I never used enough smilies, et cetera. Following their forum rules to the letter didn't matter. Plus, Buzzardhut didn't like me.

Anyway, those particular websites are well-known for conflating their religious beliefs with politics and their views on social issues. Any attempt, no matter how friendly or well-intentioned on your part, to try to correct them will end in you getting banned. Deviation from their views is forbidden and they don't want anyone there that doesn't follow their warped views.

I'm sorry you've been disappointed by them. They are a very disappointing group of people.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As in Rapture Ready?

I'm not entirely sure why you would expect any kind of cogent behaviour from them, I wouldn't trust them to run the bloody hot tap.
The Rapture Index is pretty kewl.....if ya believe in this kind of nonsense........

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html

Rapture Index 179
Net Change -1

Updated Aug 3, 2015

Rapture Index of 100 and Below: Slow prophetic activity
Rapture Index of 100 to 130: Moderate prophetic activity
Rapture Index of 130 to 160: Heavy prophetic activity
Rapture Index above 160: Fasten your seat belts

Record High 188 18 Feb 2013
Record Low 58 12 Dec 1993

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...view-of-scripture-and-current-events.7485192/
The "Rapture" potentially VERY CLOSE!! ~~ A View of Scripture and Current Events.

Jesus Declares War to Protect Christians in the “Rapture” of Revelation 12

Synopsis: The apocalypse potentially began 1/21/2009 with the inauguration of Barry Sotero (aka Barack Hussein Obama) to office of President of the United States. It is prophesied that a world leader will rise as a political “messiah”.................... The Christians thus called out by Divine Intervention form a glorious new Christian nation.
A “Revolution” is fought by the army of Heaven in Revelation 12 against the 666 beast system and followers of the beast on the land of Revelation 18. The 666 beast system there and it’s followers are destroyed in one hour. The land of Revelation 18 becomes the land of Revelation 12. The Christians who enter the land of Revelation 12, an area of refuge, are protected during the Great Tribulation. The land of Revelation 18, thus Revelation 12, is the USA. Supposing the apocalypse began with the inauguration of Sotero (taking the oath the 2nd time), the date of this Revolution and Secession fought and accomplished by God via the armies of Heaven would be 1260 days from 1/21/2009: July 4, 2012, Independence Day 2012..........

I wrote these blogs. I would like the view to be prayerfully considered :prayer: by the body of Christ so that we will watch, pray, and prepare in case this is an accurate view of fulfillment of scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://www.raptureforums.com/FeaturedCommentary/itstimetocalloutblackracism.cfm
I fixed your link.

I'm actually a former banned member of Rapture Forums (as well as Rapture Ready), as I used to believe in the rapture (i.e. premillenial dispensationalism).
However, when I began to question the doctrines I was raised with, it wasn't acceptable there, even when I kept it to their apologetics forums (do those even still exist) and even though I had been a member for a while. I never used enough smilies, et cetera. Following their forum rules to the letter didn't matter. Plus, Buzzardhut didn't like me.

Anyway, those particular websites are well-known for conflating their religious beliefs with politics and their views on social issues. Any attempt, no matter how friendly or well-intentioned on your part, to try to correct them will end in you getting banned. Deviation from their views is forbidden and they don't want anyone there that doesn't follow their warped views.

I'm sorry you've been disappointed by them. They are a very disappointing group of people.
I will have to go check that forum out.
I have never believed in the future rapture, perhaps because it sounded to "Twilight Zonish"............

I want to be left behind!!!!!

http://www.brendapetersonbooks.com/i-want-to-be-left-behind/

Kirkus Reviews, 12/1/09
“The author offers a selective memoir that blends her unique autobiography with compassionate and levelheaded observations about family, food, religion, life and our relationships with living things…Peterson has a gift for describing her life’s many adventures with disarming understatement and narrative poise.”

Library Journal, 11/5/09
“This tender, lyrical account of turning away from her religious roots starts with the painful realization that there is no place in a fundamentalist heaven for her beloved animals and the growing sense that her love of the natural world is antithetical to those eagerly anticipating the Rapture. Charting her evolution into an environmental writer of fiction and nonfiction, Peterson always seeks common ground, eschewing fundamentalism of all kinds, whether religious or environmental.”

Publishers Weekly, 1/11/10
“Talk of the rapture surrounds Peterson, and she engages this conversation with delicacy, humor, frustration, and, at times, a begrudging respect, in this memoir.”

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Being a black male from the UK and a subscriber to Rapture Forums, I was a bit dismayed by an article they included in their news letter called "Its time to call out Black Racism". It is an article written by Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam.
It was originally posted on a website called Frontpage Mag. I havent come across this site before but I can ascertain that its views are rabidly right wing which I conclude is a place for conservative political commentators. My issue is not with the article as it stands becuase everyones got an opinion, but that a Christian website dedicated to a Biblical viewpoint on world events including end times should include such an inflammatory article in its News letter List. However this is the US and views are polarised and extreme at best, and this is the way a lot of People in the US think, but to include Christians who embrace God's love for everyone and have this double standard of overt racist thinking is disturbing. You can check the article for yourself:

http://www.raptureforums.com/FeaturedCommentary/itstimetocalloutblackracism.cfmutm_source=ExpressPigeon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Rapture+Forums+Newsletter+8/8/2015

I'm also not going to get super sensitive about it, but it does throw up the word "hypocracy", in my eyes.
So, in your view, what that is written in that article is a double standard, or hypocritical?

For example, the author says:

If white mobs harassed black people, screamed racist slogans and claimed that even the existence of black people was oppressive, no one would hesitate to describe that ugliness as racism.

which is actually pointing out a double standard.

It also says this:

Racism is not civil rights. No group that talks about "white supremacy", "white privilege" or "white spaces" is a civil rights movement.

It is a racist movement, and anti-civil rights.

I don't think that is true, but I do not see any double standard. I'm afraid I don't understand --did the website reject a similar article from an inverse point of view? What was inflammatory --the notion that black people can be racist --just like any other race?

BTW, this:

My issue is not with the article as it stands becuase everyones got an opinion, but that a Christian website dedicated to a Biblical viewpoint on world events including end times should include such an inflammatory article in its News letter List.

... screams of censorship dog whistling. IE Buckley's immortal words "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." It's like "I'm not offended that your opinion differs from mine because you're allowed your own opinion; I'm just offended you and others would have the audacity to actually express something that (to me) is so obviously wrong". But then, this seems pretty typical, and the general culture over in Airstrip One. I hear they don't have basic human rights like freedom of speech over there.

Last edited:
Reactions: nightflight
Upvote 0