Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Southern baptist these days are premillennial dispensationalist. I am somewhere between dispensationalism and historism in my premellenial view. I don't know enought to give a time line though.

Here is a link that gives an overview.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/mill.html

Upvote 0

Frankie

Forgiven
May 4, 2004
Earth
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
Cary.Melvin said:
Hello all,

What is Baptist view of the End times? Are Baptists Amillenial, Pre-millenial or Post-millenial.

Do Baptists believe in a Pre, Mid, or Post Tribulation Rapture?

What is the Baptist timeline from now to the end of the world?
I believe in a pre-Trib rapture. However, this is one of those things that I am not totally "set" on. If it is pre, mid, or post....I know that one way or another, I will be with my God in the end so whatever will be, will be. I would really like to hear other's views on this though.

Frankie (who does have a tacky bumper sticker in her car window that says, "in case of rapture, this vehicle will be unmanned") LOL

Upvote 0

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Frankie said:
Frankie (who does have a tacky bumper sticker in her car window that says, "in case of rapture, this vehicle will be unmanned") LOL

I have 2 actually (I like a balanced bumper!)
"Eternity Smoking or Non Smoking?"
"I beleive in the Big Bang Theory - G-d Spoke and BANG it happened"

And then there is the pickuptruck and yes the rhumor is true
I indeed do have 2 very large magnetic signs on each side of my rusty old
pick-up that say:

"REPENT FOR REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH"

sigh

Alas I am a Zealot it is true

Blessings

Pastor George :wave:

Upvote 0

Frankie

Forgiven
May 4, 2004
Earth
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
Nehemiah_Center said:
I have 2 actually (I like a balanced bumper!)
"Eternity Smoking or Non Smoking?"
"I beleive in the Big Bang Theory - G-d Spoke and BANG it happened"

And then there is the pickuptruck and yes the rhumor is true
I indeed do have 2 very large magnetic signs on each side of my rusty old
pick-up that say:

"REPENT FOR REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH"

sigh

Alas I am a Zealot it is true

Blessings

Pastor George :wave:
Pastor George, you are AWESOME! You are missing the best bumper sticker yet, though, this one is my favorite....."Next time you think you are perfect, try walking on water."

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Cary.Melvin said:
Hello all,

What is Baptist view of the End times? Are Baptists Amillenial, Pre-millenial or Post-millenial.

Yes.

Do Baptists believe in a Pre, Mid, or Post Tribulation Rapture?

Yes.

What is the Baptist timeline from now to the end of the world?

You have to remove at least one word from your last question in order for it to make sense. ;)

Upvote 0

Lynn73

Jesus' lamb
Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
theseed said:
Southern baptist these days are premillennial dispensationalist. I am somewhere between dispensationalism and historism in my premellenial view. I don't know enought to give a time line though.

Here is a link that gives an overview.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/mill.html
I checked that out. I'd say that I go along with premillennial dispensationalism. I don't go to a Baptist church, though, but that's what I believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,756,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am pretrib, premil dispensationist, but have attended a Baptist church where the pastor was postmil and Calvinist and members varied from pretrib to posttrib to postmil and partial preterism.
Endtime theology is not a salvation matter.

What is important is that God is in control, and it will go His way just as He plans it.

Upvote 0

kayanne

Jan 25, 2004
✟1,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FreeinChrist said:
What is important is that God is in control, and it will go His way just as He plans it.

Amen! It doesn't affect the way I live or how I treat others, so I just leave it to God. I figure if all the great theologians throughout history can't come to an agreement, who am I to think *I* have it all figured out ;)

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
FreeinChrist said:
Endtime theology is not a salvation matter.

kayanne said:
Amen! It doesn't affect the way I live or how I treat others, so I just leave it to God.

I think these 2 quotes sum it up pretty well. Baptists and most other Free Church Protestants tend not to be dogmatic about anything that has no direct bearing on either salvation or ethical living.

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
These people are asleep in Christ:sleep:

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

THese are the same people as in Rev 6, plus the ones that they have been waiting for they are awake forevermore:clap: :is the Rapture here?

Rev 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Upvote 0

Cary.Melvin

Roman Orthodox
Sep 3, 2003
Ocala, FL
✟1,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, so who exactly gets raptured? Based on what criteria? And what happens to all of the people that don't get raptured? Sure they get to live through the tribulation, but after that what happens to them? Do they get to live in the millenium?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1) Anyone who trusts Christ for thier salvation will be raptured. Those who are alseep in Christ will go first. This will be the first ressurection. And those who are alive will be seized (rapture comes from rape) and taken into the clouds with Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).

I believe they do live in The Millenium.

Upvote 0
We've been all over the map on this one. I think a few early Baptists may have been premillennial (what we call "historic premil" nowadays), but most early were amillennial or postmillennial until the early 20th century. Good examples would be John Gill's Body of Divinity and James P. Boyce's Abstract of Systematic Theology.

The amil/postmil timeline goes something like this:

New Testament
destruction of Jerusalem fulfills some Olivet Discourse prophecy
amil only: church age represents the reign of Christ
postmil only: some time in church age worldwide revival brings in the reign of Christ
"tribulation" events take place throughout church age, intensifying as Christ's return draws near
Literal return of Christ; bodily resurrection of the dead; the rapture (same event)
Last Judgment
Eternity: heaven and hell

Through the influence Scofield Bible and schools such as Dallas and Moody, many Baptists turned dispensational. Also, with the post-WW2 drift of the seminaries, a lot of Baptist ministers went to dispensational schools for their training. By the 1960s, I think most Southern Baptists were dispensational. Some conservatives, such as Herschell Hobbs, remained amil. but were still considered well within the Baptist tradition. The "historic pre" view has gained a large following among students and some faculty at Southern Seminary. Other Baptist denominations such as Free Will Baptists have always been amillennial.

Dispensational timeline (traditional pretrib) :
New Testament
church age
resurrection of Christians; rapture of the church (could happen at any time)
Great Tribulation
Literal return of Christ; resurrection of OT saints; Battle of Armageddon
Literal reign of Christ on earth for 1,000 years
Final rebellion
Last Judgment
Eternity: heaven and hell

In addition, there are also a few full preterists among independent Baptists, but they are in the extreme minority. For what it's worth, I grew up dispensational and am now a historic premillennialist with a modified historicist view of Rev. 6-16.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.