✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But now we all have to go thru this again on December 21 2012. :doh:

Nope, some are expecting it today now (they "got the date wrong" ) and others are still waiting for the October date this year.

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
How about his moral for the story: the Rapture is bad doctrine. Each and everyone of you will die.

He came out and said that?
I mean there are individuals who do believe the end of the world is actually the death of each individual person, at least the end of the world to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
What? Doesn't the existence of one counterfeit render all genuine things counterfeit also?

I have a feeling you're trolling right now, and I'm getting a strong sarcastic vibe from the post. However, I'll take the bait.

I have a genuine 50 in my pocket. I'm a counterfeiter who is making counterfeit 50's. Those counterfeits do not negate the legitimacy of the 50 dollar bill in my pocket. I can still spend that original 50 on a dinner and movie (or a tank of gas). It's still valuable. (this is all hypothetical. I am not a genuine counterfeiter and I do not have a 50 in my pocket.

So just because some dillusional individual says the end is going to happen, and it doesn't, doesn't mean that the true end won't happen. Jesus is still coming back, and we still have a responsibility to tell the world about it. Sure it'll be harder because of Campings rantings, but that doesn't negate our responsibility.

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have a feeling you're trolling right now, and I'm getting a strong sarcastic vibe from the post. However, I'll take the bait.

I have a genuine 50 in my pocket. I'm a counterfeiter who is making counterfeit 50's. Those counterfeits do not negate the legitimacy of the 50 dollar bill in my pocket. I can still spend that original 50 on a dinner and movie (or a tank of gas). It's still valuable. (this is all hypothetical. I am not a genuine counterfeiter and I do not have a 50 in my pocket.

So just because some dillusional individual says the end is going to happen, and it doesn't, doesn't mean that the true end won't happen. Jesus is still coming back, and we still have a responsibility to tell the world about it. Sure it'll be harder because of Campings rantings, but that doesn't negate our responsibility.

Painless, wasn't it?

It continues to amaze me that such a silly argument gets trotted out time after time. There are fake bibles, so the real Bible must be fake too. There are fake christians, so the real Christians must be fake too. On and on it goes, like that Leporidaen drummer because scofferdom's so poverty-stricken.

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Painless, wasn't it?

It continues to amaze me that such a silly argument gets trotted out time after time. There are fake bibles, so the real Bible must be fake too. There are fake christians, so the real Christians must be fake too. On and on it goes, like that Leporidaen drummer because scofferdom's so poverty-stricken.

No one on these boards is denying the return of Christ, and no Christian I know denies his return either. Say what you mean and get to your point.

Upvote 0