Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is a significant portion of the population that won't believe even when shown video evidence. Many of them are in your own generation (and younger). Back when I taught, I had a student try to argue with me that the moon landing was faked (we had watched a video clip of it for a lesson). His was a world of being exposed to good computer graphics since he could crawl. So, in his mind, fact had to be fiction.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a significant portion of the population that won't believe even when shown video evidence. Many of them are in your own generation (and younger). Back when I taught, I had a student try to argue with me that the moon landing was faked (we had watched a video clip of it for a lesson). His was a world of being exposed to good computer graphics since he could crawl. So, in his mind, fact had to be fiction.
Not surprised. In an age where the lines between reality and scripted tv are blurred and movies and video games look more realistic than ever, I can see how some might be skeptical of what they're seeing, especially if there's a good conspiracy story behind it. Though, the first I ever heard of the "faked" Lunar landing was from my uncle when I was a kid and he would be about 70 if he were still with us today so I don't think it's entirely new or limited to my generation for people to be cynical and skeptical of the United States government and some of the claims it has made.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Arctic flight paths must be quite confusing to this fellow.

cross-polar-flights1.jpg

How does one fly from Los Angles to Dubai by way of the arctic in a flat world?

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat