Rape victims

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Where did you get that? If they’re found to be lying they could face jail time, although I would never assume someone was lying about something so serious, and I believe rape victims are being truthful. It’s fear of not being believed that makes people scared to come forward.

No we do not imprison rape victims. That would be disgusting.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes.
theNation said:
One of the persistent myths surrounding sexual violence inflicted upon prisoners is that other inmates are chiefly responsible; according to the BJS, inmates in state and federal prisons and local jails all reported greater rates of sexual victimization involving staff than other inmates. Despite all this, sexual assaults that take place within prisons are generally not factored into national crime statistics, as if they are somehow expected.
Why Americans Don't Care About Prison Rape

Upvote 0

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟108,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Chelsea Vents/Trigger Warning: So, I was raped at the age of 18 and sadly nothing occurred. I nervously spoke up and my rapist was let go that day because according to the detective it was "all a lie for attention." Mind you, I didn't wait to tell, I literally told two months after. Today, my rapist is happily married with a child of his own and as for me, I am still struggling to overcome this event every day. It is not easy for me. Now, my question is, if I was a celebrity or someone famous, would I still be going through this or would justice have prevailed all those years ago?! Thank you and may God bless you all always!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Do rape victims go to prison in this country?
Rape is a word.... subject to definition.....and it seems to me that in a sense... perhaps Judge Kavanaugh is being metaphorically raped?!

I had an affair with Brett Kavanaugh - WND

(Patrice Lewis)..... "I had an affair with Brett Kavanaugh.

No, really I did. I can’t remember the time, the place or the circumstances – but I certainly had an affair with Kavanaugh. I’m a woman, so you have to believe everything I say.

It doesn’t matter that my memory is poor, my sources unverified, or that I never told a soul about my passionate involvement with Kavanaugh. I couldn’t possibly have an agenda when it comes to making public my affair. The fact is, I’m an über-leftist woman; therefore everything I say is true. Period, end of sentence, no debate allowed or you’re just a bully.

And now … hang on a second, it’s all coming back to me … did I say I had an affair with Kavanaugh? My bad. The truth is, I was nearly raped by Kavanaugh. I just remembered that part. It was at a party, one of dozens I attended in my youth. Of course, I was drinking and I don’t remember the time, date, year, location or circumstances of the most traumatic event in my life, but I’m positive Kavanaugh tried to rape me back around 1982 or so. Or maybe it was 1983. It’s true. I’m a woman, so you have to believe me.

That’s a new movement, by the way: “Believe women,” a wonderful campaign to force everyone to “believe women” who make sexual assault allegations with no proof. What a great idea! We should believe women, not evidence!

Of course, there are exceptions in the “Believe women” movement. We can’t believe anything against liberal men. Liberal men are incapable of rape or sexual assault. Bill Clinton is a saint who would never mistreat a woman. Juanita Broaddrick was a liar. Oh wait, didn’t I just say women can’t lie? Um, forget I said that. We’ll just forget Broaddrick exists. Don’t believe her." (Patrice Lewis)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Christine Blasey Ford: Mark Judge Saw Me And Looked 'Ill' After Alleged Assault
WASHINGTON ― Christine Blasey Ford provided a potentially crucial new detail Thursday about the alleged 1982 assault she says she experienced at the hands of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Six to eight weeks after Kavanaugh allegedly assaulted her, Blasey went with her mother to a local Safeway market in Potomac, Maryland, and saw Mark Judge, a friend of Kavanaugh’s who was in the room with them during the alleged incident, she told the Senate Judiciary Committee during her Thursday morning testimony.

There's only one Safeway in Potomac, MD

1 Safeway Location in Potomac, Maryland
Safeway River Rd

Open Until 12:00 AM
10104 River Rd Potomac, MD 20854
Store Phone
(301) 983-2150

Safeway Locations in Potomac, MD | Pharmacy, Grocery, Weekly Ad

Here is the store number of that Safeway and the date it opened which was 1986. The link takes you to a page listing anything "Safeway" in Maryland.

Safeway Inc.
Number: F02229219 | Type: Foreign Corporation
Company is located at Fourth And Jackson Streets Oakland Ca 94660
Safeway Inc. status is Incorporated
Incorporation: 1986-11-03
31 years, 10 months and 29 days on the market.

Safeway business in Maryland

And here are Maryland's records on when that store opened in 1986 - note the store number.

Register Your Business Online | Maryland.gov

Business Name:SAFEWAY INC.
Principal Office:FOURTH AND JACKSON STREETS
OAKLAND CA 94660
Resident Agent:THE CORPORATION TRUST, INCORPORATED
2405 YORK ROAD
SUITE 201
LUTHERVILLE TIMONIUM MD 21093-2264
Good Standing:
THIS BUSINESS IS IN GOOD STANDING
» Order Certificate of Status
Business Type:FOREIGN CORPORATION
Business Code:03 ORDINARY BUSINESS - STOCK
Date of Formation/ Registration:11/03/1986
State of Formation:DE
Stock Status:STOCK
Close Status:N/A

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm confused by the question.

Can you explain further?

We don't place victims in jail due to being raped, and that is the way I'm reading the question. It may not be what was meant by the question - So I wanted to ask for clarification.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where did you get that? If they’re found to be lying they could face jail time, although I would never assume someone was lying about something so serious, and I believe rape victims are being truthful. It’s fear of not being believed that makes people scared to come forward.

No we do not imprison rape victims. That would be disgusting.
I disagree with believing them on it's face. People lie about things like that ( more than you would think). Same with childhood sexual abuse. If they were raped the rapist needs to do time, but I am not going to believe someone about raped without prove. A person's word NEVER should be enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

No; neither do we condemn victims of false accusations like the Egyptians did to Joseph when Potiphar's wife accused him of attempted rape.

Upvote 0