Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Did Rocky the movie have a Christian theme? Maybe not. But it was a good motivational movie . How many of us who went for a jog in the eightees, included a flight of steps so we could get to the top and celebrate like Stallone did in that movie? Only me? Ok. oh well. :)

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I loved the music, the regal trumpets in the Rocky 1 theme and of course "Eye of the Tiger." I like how losers can win in this movie. I know we catholics aren't supposed to care about winning in this life. That we need to wait for heavenly glory. But some glory, some celebration of victory, helps us through. Too many lows and we just get totally discouraged. I enjoyed some moderate success in Junior High, as both a student and Rugby player. I quit Rugby by age 21 due to injuries and discovered at University my academic ability was average at best.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Did Rocky the movie have a Christian theme? Maybe not. But it was a good motivational movie . How many of us who went for a jog in the eightees, included a flight of steps so we could get to the top and celebrate like Stallone did in that movie? Only me? Ok. oh well. :)
Can't be of any help , Paul .

Ain't seen the film , and jogging is against my religion , and ain't never been to "The Eightees" anyway .:D

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Guess I live in the past Colin. I keep mentioning these decades, sixtees /eightees, don't I.
There's nothing wrong with nostalgia , Paul.

But I never lived in those decades .

Though I can remember the sixties/eighties . ;)

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ain't seen the film

If you get a chance, you might enjoying seeing at least the first Rocky film from 1976. It's a classic. The screen play was actually written by the actor who plays the lead in the movie. And from what I've heard from relatives who lived there during that time, that basically is Philadelphia in the 1970s. :)

While I like the later movies as well, the first one is the one with the artistic merit. The later ones are basically just fight movies. The first one really tells the iconic story and shows the city and the time and how some people had to live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A friend of mine who watched Chariots of Fire, went immediately for a 10 km run, straight after. Then he turned himself to God by becoming Christian. From then on, in his rugby career, he refused to play rugby on Sunday.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Story of Martha, Mary and Max
They were hosting a party to which Jesus was invited. Martha busy with the chores such as replenishing food. Mary was listening to Jesus attentively. Max however was playing Candy Crush Saga on his Smartphone.
The point of this story is to elevate Martha's status in the Lord's eyes. Max will of course go to Hell, especially if he is gambling.

Upvote 0