Riverlife Intern
Mar 13, 2007
Allen, TX
✟9,531.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
2nd cousin learning to throw a football.

3085706616_a7b5e93cc7_b.jpg

Cousin and her baby

3080663684_de20eaf3a5_b.jpg

Uncle playing the fiddle

3079644755_05c3a7ab73_b.jpg

2nd cousin playing in leaves

3080422658_d5f759e9cb_b.jpg

David McMaster

Photographer
Nov 30, 2008
✟15,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, these are great candids!

I know you didn't invite critique, but there are just a couple niggles. If these comments aren't welcome feel free to let me know; it won't offend me.

First, your cousin with the football is brilliant, but IMHO there is to much headroom in the photo. Cropping in to a square or even a horizontal aspect ratio will make this image much more balanced and dynamic.

Second, on the photo of your uncle playing the fiddle. A really good study in every way except his mouth. To be able to see all of the expression on his face would complete the image like no other improvement.

Candids are, of all photographs, the most difficult to get perfect, but you definitely have a knack for it. Keep at it!

Upvote 0

Cotmweasel

Riverlife Intern
Mar 13, 2007
Allen, TX
✟9,531.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, these are great candids!

I know you didn't invite critique, but there are just a couple niggles. If these comments aren't welcome feel free to let me know; it won't offend me.

First, your cousin with the football is brilliant, but IMHO there is to much headroom in the photo. Cropping in to a square or even a horizontal aspect ratio will make this image much more balanced and dynamic.

Second, on the photo of your uncle playing the fiddle. A really good study in every way except his mouth. To be able to see all of the expression on his face would complete the image like no other improvement.

Candids are, of all photographs, the most difficult to get perfect, but you definitely have a knack for it. Keep at it!

The football one: yeah I know lol, I just didn't feel (or care enough lol) like doing it.

The other one though, good call on that, I didn't even think about that.

critique is always welcome though :D anything that will help me become a better photographer. I'm not very good at the people photos so I'm trying to get better on them. so anything you can tell me will be welcome :D

Upvote 0