FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud --- the obstacles of life and its suffering. ... The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share, no matter what our stations in life. ... Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death. If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. ” Goldie Hawn

• Friendly
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"I have no desire to move mountains, construct monuments or leave behind in my wake material evidence of my existence. But in the final recollection, if the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark"- Thomas L. Odem Jr.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This was a horrible proposal [that the eight-year-old Albert join a friend in killing birds with a sling... but I dared not refuse for fear he would laugh at me.

So we came to a tree which was still bare, and on which the birds were singing out gaily in the morning, without any fear of us.

Then stooping over like an Indian on the hunt, my companion placed a pebble in the leather of his sling and stretched it. Obeying his peremptory glance I did the same, with frightful twinges of conscience, vowing firmly that I would shoot when he did.

At that very moment the church bells began to sound, mingling with the song of the birds in the sunshine. It was the warning bell that came a half-hour before the main bell. For me it was a voice from heaven.

I threw the sling down, scaring the birds away so that they were safe from my companion's sling, and fled home.

And ever afterwards when the bells of Holy week ring out amidst the leafless trees in the sunshine I remember with moving gratitude how they rang into my heart at that time the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill'

Memoirs of Childhood and Youth by Dr. Albert Schweitzer

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting." - Mother Teresa-

"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like." St. Augustine

"Let there be peace on earth - and let it begin with me" - White Eagle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with." -Brian Tracy

"You don't do kind deeds expecting kindness in return. You don't do kind deeds because you deem the recipient worthy. You do kind deeds, because it's who you are and you understand the powerful difference your gentle hand makes in this dreary world." - Richelle E. Goodrich

Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You Don’t Learn This in College

When police found Fred Barley, 19, living in a tent on the campus of Gordon State College in Barnesville, Georgia, they were prepared to evict him. Then they heard his story. Barley had ridden six hours from Conyers, Georgia, on his little brother’s bike, carrying all his possessions—a duffel bag, a tent, two gallons of water, and a box of cereal—in order to enroll for his second semester at the school as a biology major. He’d arrived early to look for a job, but no luck. “I’m like, ‘Man, this is crazy,’” Officer Richard Carreker told ABC New York. Moved by Barley’s plight, Carreker and his partner put Barley up at a motel on their own dime.

Word spread, and soon people donated clothes, school supplies, funds to cover the rest of his motel stay—he was even given a job at a pizzeria. And then there was Casey Blaney of Barnesville, who started a GoFundMe page for Barley after spending time with him. “I thought, Geez, this kid just rode a 20-inch little boy’s bike six hours in 100-degree weather. He’s determined,” she wrote on her Facebook page. The fund reached $184,000, all of which is going into an educational trust for Barley.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone." -Sam Levenson-

"We leave you a tradition with a future. The tender loving care of human beings will never become obsolete. People even more than things have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed and redeemed and redeemed. Never throw out anybody." -Sam Levenson-

Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What do Angels Look Like?

Like the little old lady who returned your wallet yesterday.

Like the taxi driver who told you that your eyes light up the world, when you smile.

Like the small child who showed you the wonder in simple things.

Like the poor man who offered to share his lunch with you.

Like the rich man who showed you that it really is all possible, if only you believe.

Like the stranger who just happened to come along, when you had lost your way.

Like the friend who touched your heart, when you didn’t think you had one.

Angels come in all sizes and shapes, all ages and skin types.

Some with freckles, some with dimples, some with wrinkles, some without.

They come disguised as friends, enemies teachers, students, lovers and fools.

They don’t take life too seriously, they travel light.

They leave no forwarding address, they ask nothing in return.

They are hard to find when your eyes are closed, but when you choose to see, they are everywhere you look.

So, open you eyes and count all your Angels — for you are truly blessed!

-Kay McCrary-

Upvote 0