Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like you either live in a rural area far from a major city, or you live in a small town that is 60 miles from one. If that were the case, wouldn't you also have to go about the same distance to cast a vote?
It would be worth it to be able to cast a vote against Trump.

It seems vitally important to many conservatives that Americans have obstacles to voting. :doh:

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
LOL, yup, gotta Drive ...to get a DL. Just don't get caught.
When I moved to North Carolina I had to retake the driving test. I didn't study at all and just showed up; the test had a lot of questions about the fines you would pay (e.g., for drunk driving) and very state-specific questions I had no idea about (NC has a lot of questions about riding in the back of a pickup). I failed it (missed by one question). I went up to the DMV employee and said, "I failed the test, I'll drive home and come back tomorrow to take the test again." I then actually picked up the manual, skimmed the book, and passed the test the next day. I still chuckle about failing a driving test and driving home.

• Haha
Reactions: Verv
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When I moved to North Carolina I had to retake the driving test. I didn't study at all and just showed up; the test had a lot of questions about the fines you would pay (e.g., for drunk driving) and very state-specific questions I had no idea about (NC has a lot of questions about riding in the back of a pickup). I failed it (missed by one question). I went up to the DMV employee and said, "I failed the test, I'll drive home and come back tomorrow to take the test again." I then actually picked up the manual, skimmed the book, and passed the test the next day. I still chuckle about failing a driving test and driving home.

Not everyone cares so much about obeying laws. Those are usually the ones who get pulled over by the police, take off running, resist arrest, then blame the police officer for being racist after finally being arrested. Having a driver's license won't change anything for those people.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Racism took a really hard "L"

Trump Retreats from Adding Citizenship Question to Census
President Trump on Thursday abandoned his battle to place a question about citizenship on the 2020 census, and instructed the government to compile citizenship data from existing federal records, a significant retreat in the president’s wider crackdown on undocumented immigration.

Mr. Trump announced in the Rose Garden that he was giving up on the census question two weeks after the Supreme Court rebuked the Trump administration over its effort to modify the census. Just last week, Mr. Trump insisted that he "must" pursue that goal.

Upvote 0