Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This does beg the question as to why you never see these types referred to as race pimps.

They are, in their own right. I'm guessing you never heard them referred to as race pimps, because I didn't even know who these guys were until someone named names. I was like, "I'm guessing these are white supremacists, but I'm not familiar with them". Al Sharpton isn't exactly an obscure character. I mean, the man has his own TV show on MSNBC. People who aren't always out looking for trouble tend to not be labeled as harshly as those who always have the camera in their face.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
What makes someone a race pimp?
Given that overt racism is no longer "in vogue," it has been forced to adopt a series of "euphemisms" to mask its real intent.

I doubt the opposition to Barrack Obama would have reached this level of intensity, had he been one of the white "good old boys."

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Given that overt racism is no longer "in vogue," it has been forced to adopt a series of "euphemisms" to mask its real intent.

I doubt the opposition to Barrack Obama would have reached this level of intensity, had he been one of the white "good old boys."

Simple Racism Test

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So the frenzy over the Bush Administration from the left - what was that all about? What's going to happen after Obama has served his term or terms and the next person who comes alone is a white Democrat and the outrage and anxiety is the same? What will you blame it on then?

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think it would have been this intense regardless. But the focus of some of this opposition can conceivably be tied to his ethnicity. Remember conservatives running around placing emphasis on his middle name. Ann Coulter spent a good bit of time calling him B. Hussein Obama. The whole "He's a mahz-lum!" thing. The "He'll side with the terrorists!" bit. The birther nonsense (yes, there was a ethnic component to that).

90% of accusations of racism are bogus. There are a lot of race baiters out there.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I think it would have been this intense regardless. But the focus of some of this opposition can conceivably be tied to his ethnicity. Remember conservatives running around placing emphasis on his middle name. Ann Coulter spent a good bit of time calling him B. Hussein Obama. The whole "He's a mahz-lum!" thing. The "He'll side with the terrorists!" bit. The birther nonsense (yes, there was a ethnic component to that).

90% of accusations of racism are bogus. There are a lot of race baiters out there.

I think a lot of the emphasis on his middle name comes from the fact it annoys his followers.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of the emphasis on his middle name comes from the fact it annoys his followers.

I have to be honest, I liked the idea of President Bush having to hand the keys to the White House over to someone named Hussein. :D
tulc(has an odd sense of humor) :sorry:

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I have to be honest, I liked the idea of President Bush having to hand the keys to the White House over to someone named Hussein. :D
tulc(has an odd sense of humor) :sorry:

I concur. It's ironic, in a way :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That's not a whole lot better. Not racist, just childish. :sorry:

Welcome to politics.

Or it could mean it's not as widely held as you think. Strangely enough the same people on Storm Front that would use this think I must have lived a sheltered life because I believe the Holocaust happened...

You keep making that accusation but fail to back it up.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, I just don't hang in circles where people are called, 'race pimps'.

When I did a google search for the term, I came across quite a few sites and blogs that I found to be incredibly racially offensive to my sensibilities.
'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe, I just don't hang in circles where people are called, 'race pimps'.

When I did a google search for the term, I came across quite a few sites and blogs that I found to be incredibly racially offensive to my sensibilities.
'

I never hear in the brick and mortar world, but online I have seen it quite a bit.

Upvote 0