Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday on his "Happiness Hour" (www.pragerradio.com), R. Dennis Prager took up the question of allowing trivial differences to ruin relationships. This led to referring to the expression 'gratuitous hatred' that exists between Jews. He explained that it was the historic rabbinic belief that the DofJ occurred because Jews hated each other more than outside threats. I don't think this is very different from Jesus' saying 'if they had known the things that make peace' which he said would lead to the nation's demise.

Our understanding, then, of the Christian command and basis for love may be far more profound than it sounds to us on the outside. I don't know too many people groups where it is their own observation that they have 'gratuitous hatred' for each other.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yesterday on his "Happiness Hour" (www.pragerradio.com), R. Dennis Prager took up the question of allowing trivial differences to ruin relationships. This led to referring to the expression 'gratuitous hatred' that exists between Jews. He explained that it was the historic rabbinic belief that the DofJ occurred because Jews hated each other more than outside threats. I don't think this is very different from Jesus' saying 'if they had known the things that make peace' which he said would lead to the nation's demise.

Our understanding, then, of the Christian command and basis for love may be far more profound than it sounds to us on the outside. I don't know too many people groups where it is their own observation that they have 'gratuitous hatred' for each other.

I asked the Jews (Judaism) at one of their sites why they thought God had dispersed them out Israel to the nations in the first century. After all they had not been into worshiping false gods or idols.

What the Jews told me the reason was - was unjustified hatred with each other. Although that is not the true reason, it does have a ring of truth to it, because Jesus said that they hated him without cause.

Of course, in Christianity, just look at the tone in the numerous threads here by them who disagree with the pre-trib view. The pre-trib view may prove to be wrong, but the other view proponents go way overboard in couching their disagreement.

Upvote 0