Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
We haven't discussed this much here in this forum but I think we should as it is of great import in how what happened to the Earliest Messainics came about.

I just got this email from Geffen Publications (most of you should be familiar with them) of this new book to be released soon about a month before Passover 2018.

It's called 'The Orchard'

Doesn't sound all that inviting, does it, but it is touted as:

'The novel we’ve been waiting 2,000 years for!'

upload_2017-11-29_3-11-58.png

The Orchard is the book we have been waiting for two thousand years to read!

This spellbinding historical novel by famous Israeli author Yochi Brandes tells the story of the venerated yet enigmatic Rabbi Akiva, placing him in the context of his contemporaries, the Sages of Jewish tradition and of early Christianity.

Rabbi Eliezer, Rabbi Ishmael, Rabban Gamaliel, Paul of Tarsus, and many others become flesh and blood in this stunning interweaving of biblical and Talmudic lore into a page-turning read.

Rabbi Akiva’s innovative method of interpreting Scripture provides his people with a life-giving elixir after Rome's destruction of the Second Temple, but also fuels the lethal Bar Kokhba Revolt, with disastrous consequences.

The Orchard offers a brilliant narrative solution to the fascinating story of four sages who entered a metaphysical orchard: one died, one lost his mind, one became a hater of God, and one – Rabbi Akiva – made it out unscathed. Or did he?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are reviews of this book and most interesting one from the
Current Prime Minister of Israel

"I read this marvelous book by Yochi Brandes in a single weekend.

It swept me into the orchard and into the sources of our tradition."

Benjamin Netanyahu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although if in Israel you can buy this through Gefen Publishing, it is also available on Amazon, albeit from a pre-order as it's publication date is in March of 2018

From Amazon----

Yochi Brandes is one of the top authors in Israel. The Orchard, her eighth book, is considered the most daring and ambitious of her novels. Critics went so far as to call it a cultural phenomenon after it eclipsed the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy on the Israeli bestseller lists. The novel depicts the beginnings of modern Judaism and Christianity (in the first and second centuries) and the historical circumstances and tumultuous disputes that accompanied their births.
Sounds pretty interesting and I think I'm going to pre order so I don't forget. Let me know if you do as well and we can discuss it around Passover next year!