✟19,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
GM Everyone,

When is your favorite time to do your devotion ???
In the Morning? At Night? Or Both??
Why do you prefer that time or both if u do that.
What are the benefits of it timewise is it a good way to start or end your day? DO you see the benefits thru out the day if you do it in the morning?
If you do both what are the benefits you see during your day/nite ?

Christ Grl

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unpredictable times are the best times it seems for me, not really under my control all the way, but it's also often wonderful for me late at night just before sleep to read in the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I used to read morning devotionals but I found that I was picking up mans views on things so stopped. So now I just read my two email scriptures that come in every day and the one on the weekend. That happens in early morning first thing with my first cup of coffee. Bible reading might happen anytime during the day or it might not but it always happens in the evening when I go to bed. I generally read one chapter each night but sometimes two or three. I've been ministered to by the Holy Spirit in those evening readings more times than any other way or at least with more regularity.

• Useful
Reactions: ChristGrl
Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There is something good about the discipline of prayer - eg Praying whether you feel like praying or not, and I like this prayer morning and night, at the time of arising from sleep, and the time just before going to bed... It frames the day in prayer, at its beginning and at its conclusion... It sets the tone as prayer for the day, and likewise for the night... And asks God's Blessing upon the day's labors, and likewise on the night's vigil of prayer and fasting... Breakfast, you doubtless know already, is the breaking of the fast of the previous night from after the evening meal...

The best time to pray, of course, is midnight, for that is when Christ the Bridegroom comes and knocks, when those with oil arise and enter, and those without oil are enjoined to go and buy oil in the marketplace, that the next time He comes at Midnight, they will have enough oil, and no longer be counted with the 5 foolish virgins...

The purchase of oil is, of course, the doing of the works of charity...
For by this we trade in our earthly goods for the heavenly ones...

Ps 119 is the quintessential devotion for midnight prayer...

Psalm 119:62 At midnight will I arise to give thanks unto thee...

Arsenios

Upvote 0