Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you go to thesaurus.com you’ll find that the very first synonym listed for “uniform” is “consistent”. If you continue down to the antonyms for “uniform” you will find “inconsistent”.

So instead of “No doubt, there is no uniformity in driving age laws”, we could easily and correctly say, “No doubt, there is no consistency in driving age laws.”
Nothing like having to go to the thesarus in a failed effort to prove that you are right. Again, the consistency lies in the fact that the laws were adopted under the 10th Amendment.

Again, get back on topic. We are discussing quickening, not driving age.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nothing like having to go to the thesarus in a failed effort to prove that you are right.
Well apparently I need to show you definitions for you to understand. Though, it seems like even providing definitions isn’t enough for you to concede the point.

But I’m sure everyone tracking can understand that there is an inconsistency in driving age across the country. And by inconsistency, I mean they aren’t uniform, just like you said. So thank you for finally conceding the point.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well apparently I need to show you definitions for you to understand. Though, it seems like even providing definitions isn’t enough for you to concede the point.

But I’m sure everyone tracking can understand that there is an inconsistency in driving age across the country. And by inconsistency, I mean they aren’t uniform, just like you said. So thank you for finally conceding the point.
They are consistant. They are all adopted pursuant to the 10th Amendment. They are not uniform. I was the one who originally said that.

Because you have taken thus thread off topic and have refused to return to the topic I have requested that the mods close the thread.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
All I’ve done is respond to you. You apparently are so caught up in being right that you’ll argue that I’m wrong while proving I’m right by using a synonym instead of the word I chose.

But the entire point all along was that it is analogous to how the moral worth of the fetus is inconsistent.

In one situation the fetus is considered morally worthless (abortion), while in another circumstance (homicide) the fetus is considered to possess the same moral worth and value as a human that has been born.

The way the law treats the moral worth and value of the fetus is inconsistent.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.