Quick mental image - how would you interpret this?

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Rats in a cage" is a pretty normal metaphor, often used in conjunction with "lab rat" metaphor. Though, here you say it was a pet store? Pet rats?

Pets can represent all sorts of things. Rats, as pets, are not normal, but they are commonly found at pet stores.

Something in a caged environment. Something taken out of that caged environment, thrown to its' death? By a snake? Could it have been something else? A cat? For instance? Stepped on?

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

It was a pet store, I didn't think about if the pets were friendly or not, but it was a close-up of the cage and I sensed right away it was a small cage sitting on a floor. Definitely knew it was a snake, although I didn't see one.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

It was a pet store, I didn't think about if the pets were friendly or not, but it was a close-up of the cage and I sensed right away it was a small cage sitting on a floor. Definitely knew it was a snake, although I didn't see one.

I do not know, but going over the parts of it, can help identify it for you, when it comes. Considering possible meanings, ahead of time. If that is your sense about it.

For instance, maybe you will see someone innocent, in a cage, taken out of that cage, and thrown to a figurative rat.

Maybe that figurative cage is a work place, or somewhere else. Could be anything.

Rat could be an idea, or belief, as I think someone suggested, though there is a visceral thing to it.

If I saw this happen, it would horrify me.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it was disturbing for sure.

A pet rat is in a cage, a closed environment, looking to be adopted, or sold, bought. By a loving owner. For someone to, instead, do this, would be horrific.

If that represents a person, then it might be you come across, in the future, a situation where a person is in a similar situation.

And you see that, and can stop it from happening. It is suggested to "throw someone to the wolves", and maybe this will be reminded to you, and you can stop it from happening.

Or, another situation, where you might see that someone wants to take something of value, and throw it to something else which is inherently untrustworthy.

Maybe, as a "for instance", you are at a job, and someone wants to fire an employee. And, you have some say over that.

In other words, sometime in the future, you might find yourself in a situation where someone wants to do something that you might see as being a potentially bad thing. And, if so, then, this vision might come to mind. And, you might then have insight into what is really going to happen, and prevent it from happening.

That is my sense about it. It predicts the future, so you can make an informed decision, with godly foreknowledge, preventing a bad thing from happening.

Therefore, this is a good reason for this vision to have been shown to you. Though, it was a horrible thing to see.

:)

Whatever the case, good luck. :) Or, more rightly, 'May the Lord be with you'.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are many then. Used to wonder if there are people who get these flashes..sometimes trances. Last year while I was doing a 40 day fast seeking for the Lord, while seated in my office I got a flash of super sized eagle looking at me and then literally felt it flap it's wings on me and disappear. This was followed by a scripture in Acts 11:4-9. Was shaken to my core and Still puzzled to this day what it meant.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! I hope you do not mind, but I took the time to think about your vision, since you are still puzzled to this day. To me The Great Eagle(super sized) means to be plucked up and planted in another location. I believe The Lord was showing you this is possible, by showing you in vision, the eagle was there waiting if you were willing. The size of the eagle symbolizes a long trip.(a long way). I am one that has been plucked up and planted far from where I grew up. When it was time to move(the day) I heard the words"It is time to catch the wind" You have already felt the wind from the eagle wings in you vision. Also, when thinking(meditating) on your vision, I was taken through out the Bible, to Rev 12 and a parabal(riddle or allegory) in Isiah, and how the eagle(wings) was used to relocate some one. Hope this helps you.

Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Blessings in Christ Jesus! I hope you do not mind, but I took the time to think about your vision, since you are still puzzled to this day. To me The Great Eagle(super sized) means to be plucked up and planted in another location. I believe The Lord was showing you this is possible, by showing you in vision, the eagle was there waiting if you were willing. The size of the eagle symbolizes a long trip.(a long way). I am one that has been plucked up and planted far from where I grew up. When it was time to move(the day) I heard the words"It is time to catch the wind" You have already felt the wind from the eagle wings in you vision. Also, when thinking(meditating) on your vision, I was taken through out the Bible, to Rev 12 and a parabal(riddle or allegory) in Isiah, and how the eagle(wings) was used to relocate some one. Hope this helps you.
Thank you for this. That resonates with my spirit since I have been having numerous dreams where am preaching the gospel on trains in belgium, in Dubai etc yet I have not expressed any desire to go to any of the above. Shalom

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would you interpret this visual - warning this is unsettling and I disliked the thought/image since I'm an animal lover.

If you are praying and all caught up with enthusiasm to God about new ideas you're going to do with Him with types of prayers and devotions, then suddenly in your mind you get a scene with a few rats in a cage in a pet store running in one direction (they are white), and one is suddenly thrown out of the cage you hear it screaming and figure out it must have been thrown to a snake.

This stopped my rambling in prayer and made me hesitate. This wasn't something I thought of myself, and sometimes during prayer I will get flashes like this that make me think. I instantly felt this was a bad meaning, of course, but was curious on others thoughts on what it could mean. Based on responses in another thread about types of prayer, I'm thinking it may mean to beware and to hold off on exploring different types of prayer.

I prayerfully looked up the symbols in your dream and this is what I found. Hope this helps:

Suddenly – abruptly, unexpectedly, quickly

In your mind – thinking, believing, attitude or of your own imagination.

Scene – like an act (performance) in a play. Could this be a deception?

Few – small in number; rare, uncommon, limited, a minority

Rats – vermin – parasites – harmful, exploits others, bloodsuckers, bullies, disgusting, swine, filth, unclean (impure), liar, double-crosser, one who betrays others, a cheater, not to be trusted, disloyal, unfaithful.

Cage – prison, cell, trapped by society (rats in a cage – idiom), trapped in the world, conformed to the pattern of the world, by the trappings of the world? On display for everyone to see, like public figures, perhaps.

Pet – could be like a pet sin, a habit, addiction. Favorite, preferred, indulged – again could be a sinful habit and/or an idol in one’s life.

Store – lay away, accumulate, collect, stockpile, mass, pile (like sins piled high to heaven – Rev. 18). Hidden sins, hidden and stored away pet (habitual) sins.

Running – operating, controlling, competing, participating, contending, proceeding, progressing (could be running their own lives)

One direction – was it left or right? – One (unity, like the one-world government of the beast (rat) and the one-world religion).

Direction – one – again under one command, one authority, such as the beast (since it is a rat), i.e. the one-world totalitarian regime.

White – pure, righteous or false righteousness, especially since it is a rat, i.e. a liar, deceiver, betrayer, impure, etc. Gives the appearance of righteousness but it is outward only (like the Pharisees, perhaps). Could be a reference to the White House (USA) if this has political implications at all.

Hear – listen, pay attention, judge, examine, perceive, understand, learn

Screaming – shouting, shrieking, yelling, crying, squawking – squealing (ratting on someone), protesting,

Thrown – tossed, pitched (descended – stoop, sink, resort to) a snake.

Snake – serpent, Satan; worthless, treacherous, backstabber, double-talker, untrustworthy, cruel, two-faced, hypocritical, betrayer, loathsome, liar, cheat, deceptive

• Informative
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I prayerfully looked up the symbols in your dream and this is what I found. Hope this helps:

Suddenly – abruptly, unexpectedly, quickly

In your mind – thinking, believing, attitude or of your own imagination.

Scene – like an act (performance) in a play. Could this be a deception?

Few – small in number; rare, uncommon, limited, a minority

Rats – vermin – parasites – harmful, exploits others, bloodsuckers, bullies, disgusting, swine, filth, unclean (impure), liar, double-crosser, one who betrays others, a cheater, not to be trusted, disloyal, unfaithful.

Cage – prison, cell, trapped by society (rats in a cage – idiom), trapped in the world, conformed to the pattern of the world, by the trappings of the world? On display for everyone to see, like public figures, perhaps.

Pet – could be like a pet sin, a habit, addiction. Favorite, preferred, indulged – again could be a sinful habit and/or an idol in one’s life.

Store – lay away, accumulate, collect, stockpile, mass, pile (like sins piled high to heaven – Rev. 18). Hidden sins, hidden and stored away pet (habitual) sins.

Running – operating, controlling, competing, participating, contending, proceeding, progressing (could be running their own lives)

One direction – was it left or right? – One (unity, like the one-world government of the beast (rat) and the one-world religion).

Direction – one – again under one command, one authority, such as the beast (since it is a rat), i.e. the one-world totalitarian regime.

White – pure, righteous or false righteousness, especially since it is a rat, i.e. a liar, deceiver, betrayer, impure, etc. Gives the appearance of righteousness but it is outward only (like the Pharisees, perhaps). Could be a reference to the White House (USA) if this has political implications at all.

Hear – listen, pay attention, judge, examine, perceive, understand, learn

Screaming – shouting, shrieking, yelling, crying, squawking – squealing (ratting on someone), protesting,

Thrown – tossed, pitched (descended – stoop, sink, resort to) a snake.

Snake – serpent, Satan; worthless, treacherous, backstabber, double-talker, untrustworthy, cruel, two-faced, hypocritical, betrayer, loathsome, liar, cheat, deceptive

That you for all the indepth interpretations! I will keep going over them thoughtfully.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That you for all the indepth interpretations! I will keep going over them thoughtfully.
You are welcome. I hope they were helpful. Glory to God if they were.

Upvote 0