Questions Regarding Dietary Law (For Gentile Christians)

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh I know they eat the oddest things. The neighbor where I work had goats, just for pets and garbage. I went to get the mail and reached over the fence to pet one and that Goat ripped the mail in two right from my hands. They had to rebuild their little house because they were eating the roof off it.
Yep, they have no discernment. :)

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Most farms that are raising goats, do not use them as garbage eaters. Goats just have a habit of finding the strangest things to chew on.
True,
Farmers keep goats for the milk and likewise to glean the fields before the oxen and men plow.

Men and oxen remove the unwaranted stones.

The third day being my personal Shabbat.
I find that being born on such a day is a wonderfull blessing.

I imagine many people have forgotten or have even been tempted to curse the day they where born in this world.

Ah, memories.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
True,
Farmers keep goats for the milk and likewise to glean the fields before the oxen and men plow.

I imagine many people have forgotten or have even been tempted to curse the day they where born in this world.

Ah, memories.
I imagine she goats and heifers are kept for like reasons.

Where as birds are another story. While doves rest peacably, so to do the wild olives known as crested red birds.
Though they are not common in the promised land. Their loyal familial bonds are as striking as the colors of a bird of paradise. And their song is as strong in courage as the color of the plumage they burden.
With the same courage that many birds less visibly arrayed sing also.

I imagine doves care for their young until death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
True,

Ah, memories.
I was born on Shabbat too, during the day. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t keep kosher. It would be a lengthy process to kesher my kitchen and I’ve never been told to do so. But I have been given food prohibitions which were for my benefit.

We follow a seasonal eating plan largely comprised of French and Mediterranean dishes. We avoid processed food, refined flours and sugars, and don’t eat baked goods unless they’re prepared at home or by a local French bakery. We don’t consume sugary drinks and purchase organic items from the farmers market and grocer.

I make many items at home through canning, dehydrating, natural cleansers and body products. This has been a lengthy process and our lifestyle is largely green. We are procuring all meat purchases direct from a farmer this fall.

Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don’t keep kosher. It would be a lengthy process to kesher my kitchen and I’ve never been told to do so. But I have been given food prohibitions which were for my benefit.

We follow a seasonal eating plan largely comprised of French and Mediterranean dishes. We avoid processed food, refined flours and sugars, and don’t eat baked goods unless they’re prepared at home or by a local French bakery. We don’t consume sugary drinks and purchase organic items from the farmers market and grocer.

I make many items at home through canning, dehydrating, natural cleansers and body products. This has been a lengthy process and our lifestyle is largely green. We are procuring all meat purchases direct from a farmer this fall.
Torah is a growth process; much like a fig tree that bears fruit. You should try picking fresh fruit from a tree? A good tree bears good fruit; an apple tree or pear tree.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Torah is a growth process; much like a fig tree that bears fruit. You should try picking fresh fruit from a tree? A good tree bears good fruit; an apple tree or pear tree.

This is true. I’m sifting the fruit at present.

There are no fruit trees in my vicinity. I’m planted in the middle of a vibrant city. ;-)

Upvote 0