Not open for further replies.

sherhila

May 14, 2012
✟15,119.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm feeling abandoned and alone. I have prayed for thanks, forgiveness, direction, guidance, patience, understanding, and peace, yet my heart is still tattered, torn, and weary.

For years, I have faithfully prayed for God's guidance. After an introspective weekend, I fear that my faith is waning. I prayed all night long, and feel worse this morning than I did last night.

I am single, and feel very alone. I have prayed for a companion, to follow God's path for me, and for peace, yet my heart and head will not be quiet. I have never felt so alone and abandoned in my life.

I put forth 150% of my heart and soul into my job, yet I do not feel fulfilled. Instead I feel exhausted, empty, unappreciated, and have lost the passion in my work. I do not feel as though my efforts are being rewarded, or even noticed.

I am losing my house to foreclosure. Everything seems insurmountably hopeless - I am single and alone, losing my house, dislike my job, and am physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted from trying to keep myself upright. No amount of prayer seems to be helping - I cannot continue to cry out like Hannah if the Lord isn't hearing/listening to/acting upon my prayers. Moreover, if our fate is in God's hands, then what good does it do to pray if He's already made up His mind? If He has already decided our fate, then why pray?

Lord, hear my prayers, and help me understand what it is that you want me to do so badly before you will help me?!

Jesusisgood

Nov 9, 2010
✟15,992.00
Faith
Christian
(super huge hugs!) Oh my goodness, it's like looking into a mirror. I know exactly how you are feeling with being alone and single for so long, but i have some hope that really comforted me. I know it can be frustrating to hear when you want a husband/bf, but what I can to realize last wednesday, was that I really am the Bride of Christ and His wedding will take place soon. And if His wedding is soon, I should make Him and my relationship with Him first. I know the lonelyness you feel, EPEcially, when I see young people close to my age (20 and so on) being in relationships. Keep praying though. God haers you, He is just waiting for the right moment to answer, or He could be wokring on it right now. Remember God works in ways you cannot see, meaning you wont see it sometimes until He is ready to open your eyes to the beautiful blessing when it's ready for you. It is a really beautiful thing if you think about it. God wants only the best for you and will work it out, you never know what tomarrow holds and He would never leave you or forsake you. God will love you more than anyone here on earth BUT He understands and doesnt want you to feel lonely either. Keep being hopefull, focus on the Lord but also make yourself available to recieve His blessings. Try going to church fellowship events to meet some people and pray for God to send the one in His timing :)

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible says that our prayers are like a sweet smelling savour unto the Lord. We need to be patient and wait for the Lord, sometimes prayers get answered immediate, sometimes they take alot of time to be fullfilled. We just have to trust him. I know by experiance though that His timings are always perfect :) I just dont always like when theyre fullfilled, but God knows best.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF :)
Praying for your strength, hope and blessing in this difficult time (which will pass).
May God bless you in His Merciful Love :crossrc:

ph-1.gif
Dear Lord,
Teach me how to maintain joy in the midst of difficulties,
the kind of joy that is the fruit of Your Presence in my soul, Your love in my heart.
The joy that comes from a loving acceptance of Your will in my moment to moment existence.
To know that whatever happens to me has first passed though Your Divine Mind is a source of joy.
To realize that You will bring good out of every injustice and every heartache calms my soul,
allowing joy to blossom in the midst of trial and tragedy.
Yes, my Lord, give me the joy that will never be lessened by the things of this world,
because it is rooted in Your Love and Presence. Amen
~ Mother Angelica

Upvote 0

Godchaser_70

Married happily to my nupreacher
Nov 21, 2010
Oklahoma
✟16,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it takes time to get answered prayer, you must keep faithful in your praying. he does hear you, and you need to believe in your heart for that answered prayer.

lord help her to understand that you do hear, and you will answer. maybe not in our time, but in your time. and you are an ontime god. I thank you lord she will not lose her house. and no matter the circumstance I thank you that she has faith to believe what she prays for. help her to be patient in jesus name. help her not to give up either. I thank you that its been done in jesus name, amen

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm feeling abandoned and alone. I have prayed for thanks, forgiveness, direction, guidance, patience, understanding, and peace, yet my heart is still tattered, torn, and weary.

For years, I have faithfully prayed for God's guidance. After an introspective weekend, I fear that my faith is waning. I prayed all night long, and feel worse this morning than I did last night.

I am single, and feel very alone. I have prayed for a companion, to follow God's path for me, and for peace, yet my heart and head will not be quiet. I have never felt so alone and abandoned in my life.

I put forth 150% of my heart and soul into my job, yet I do not feel fulfilled. Instead I feel exhausted, empty, unappreciated, and have lost the passion in my work. I do not feel as though my efforts are being rewarded, or even noticed.

I am losing my house to foreclosure. Everything seems insurmountably hopeless - I am single and alone, losing my house, dislike my job, and am physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted from trying to keep myself upright. No amount of prayer seems to be helping - I cannot continue to cry out like Hannah if the Lord isn't hearing/listening to/acting upon my prayers. Moreover, if our fate is in God's hands, then what good does it do to pray if He's already made up His mind? If He has already decided our fate, then why pray?

Lord, hear my prayers, and help me understand what it is that you want me to do so badly before you will help me?!

My heart goes out to you, dear one. Lifting you to the One Who is ABLE and Who is a very PRESENT Help in our times of trouble. Father, move on this dear one's behalf in a way that is concrete and visible. quell her anxiety, fears, and unrest. Alleviate her weariness of body, mind, and spirit, and be the Lifter of her head. Intervene and minister as only You can do, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dear Sherhila,

I pray for your rest and refreshment in the Lord. Sometimes life can be so overwhelming that we no longer can sense His presence, guidance or strength in our lives. We redouble our own efforts, and only wear ourselves down.

Try to labor to enter His rest. Cast all your cares upon Him, because he cares for you. Let Him bear the load that you cannot carry.

Your prayers are important, because God has limited Himself to working through us, so that we would have a very real role in establishing and governing the Kingdom He has given us. Keep yourself and your prayers in faith mode, even if it is mustard-seed-sized, rather than in fear and doubt about the big things you are up against. It will be a protection for you (Php 4.4-9), and it will open the spigot for God's grace to work in your life. Do as David did amidst calamity: encourage yourself in the Lord. Claim the bottom-line promise of Romans 8.28.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” -Mt 11.28-30
 

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God tells us to pray in everything with thanksgiving letting our requests be known to Him.

Father God, change this one's life around and restore her hope, and send her a soul mate so she won't be lonely and can be a helpmate to her, In Jesus Name, Amen

Father, I pray in agreement with this loving prayer for our sister in Christ who is reaching out to you in her time of need. Bless her according to your will and draw her closer to you. Bless her with wisdom so that her prayers are not hindered and may you receive the Glory, Amen!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.