unclejohn314

Mar 25, 2013
✟7,618.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea who I am talking to, but if someone out there is listening then perhaps you could answer my question. I am looking for the "official" Reformed answer.

Based on me being in the elect and at one time years ago but no longer being in the Calvinist camp, does the Holy Spirit want me back?

If your answer is yes then have I been resisting the Holy Spirit ever since I left?

I'm confused about how the Reformed movement views people like me. Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks.

I was sopposed to introduce myself. Well I imagine you can tell from my questions above that I am an extremely thoughtful and dedicated student of God's word. I am fine with those who disaree with me. I always treat such people with the utmost kindness and respect.

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟864,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Welcome John. :) yes, you can ask questions, you might get an answer or might not get an answer in the welcome section, where you have posted. Click on the link above if you want to ask under the "advice" section or pick which ever section you like.

My answer to your question my Mom went to the reformed church until she was about 33 years old. I was 5 when my parents left that church. Anyways, I am not sure why you ask your question, maybe to spark a discussion? Well, I would just say this, if a person strays from the Lord, He will welcome them back with open arms. The Holy Spirit is included in that I believe as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one.

God bless.

Upvote 0

unclejohn314

Mar 25, 2013
✟7,618.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Saved24, I appreciate your response. You seem to have become a dedicated and kind hearted Christian lady. God bless you.

I guess I was looking for the "official" Reformed view on whether or not I can resist the Holy Spirit. I feel that I can, and unfortuneately have done so many many times; but I'm not sure that my Calvinist brother would say that I have the ability to reist.

Feel free to share your thoughts anytime.

Unclejohn

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Saved24, I appreciate your response. You seem to have become a dedicated and kind hearted Christian lady. God bless you.

I guess I was looking for the "official" Reformed view on whether or not I can resist the Holy Spirit. I feel that I can, and unfortuneately have done so many many times; but I'm not sure that my Calvinist brother would say that I have the ability to reist.

Feel free to share your thoughts anytime.

Unclejohn
No one can give you the "official" Reformed position because there is none. But Reformed theology does lead one to believe that even your resistance is in the purpose and will of God if you are one of the elect. When He has determined to bring you back into the fold He will.

Now this is the Ask A Calvinist forum, if you want to debate this then it needs to be moved to the Debate a Calvinist forum. If you are looking for answers you are in the right place but do not attempt to debate it here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting, this is "Ask A Calvinist" and not one of the people answering show the Calvinist icon ???

Have the requirements changed ???

The thread was moved here from another forum, hence the mod hat 3 posts up. :cool:

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea who I am talking to, but if someone out there is listening then perhaps you could answer my question. I am looking for the "official" Reformed answer.

Based on me being in the elect and at one time years ago but no longer being in the Calvinist camp, does the Holy Spirit want me back?

If your answer is yes then have I been resisting the Holy Spirit ever since I left?

I'm confused about how the Reformed movement views people like me. Can anyone out there help me?

Do you still consider yourself a Christian, or have you walked totally away from the faith? (And I don't mean 'Calvinist' faith; I mean 'Christian' faith.)

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting, this is "Ask A Calvinist" and not one of the people answering show the Calvinist icon ???

Have the requirements changed ???
Do I need to show the Calvinist icon for you to know that I am a Calvinist? If my Calvinism isn't plain from my posts then I need to work on being more clear.

Upvote 0

Elderone

Mar 31, 2004
SW PA
✟11,217.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
At present there is no requirement for the icon but showing it on our page will give new people who are unfamiliar with the theology, but know the icon, confidence the information they are receiving is correct. Its not being there would immediately expose others who might wish to cause confusion.

Our present society doesn’t believe much in standards but they are helpful in reducing chaos and uncertainty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
At present there is no requirement for the icon but showing it on our page will give new people who are unfamiliar with the theology, but know the icon, confidence the information they are receiving is correct. Its not being there would immediately expose others who might wish to cause confusion.

Our present society doesn’t believe much in standards but they are helpful in reducing chaos and uncertainty.
Just for you.;)

Upvote 0