question

Snowy

Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.
Jul 16, 2003
✟30,502.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Jesus said he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel does that mean that all who have been saved and yet will be saved are part of Israel but most of us are somehow blinded to who we are? And I'm not talking adopted into Israel...I mean belonging their in the first place because that is who and what we are....not that we are all Jewish but we could be from the tribes of Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, or Asher? Is it possible that those who have been saved but are not Jewish could be part of one of the lost tribes?

Snowy: it means the Yeshua was meant to preach only to Jews. It wasn't his mission to become a world-wide evangelist. Apart from statements he made about himself, nothing he really said was all that new -- he called Jews to authentically observe Torah. With the exception of his teaching on divorce, he was soundly bet Hillel as opposed to bet Shammai -- bet Shammai may have run the Sanhedron during Yeshua's ministry, but it was bet Hillel that eventually became dominant in Rabbinical Judaism. It wasn't what he said or who he said it to that was all that important.

It as what Yeshua did when he died, and that was for all.

Like I said if Jesus said he only came for the lost sheep of Israel is it the Jews he is talking of or is thier a possibility that gentiles could be the lost sheep and are part of Israel but have forgotten their heritage?

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If Jesus said he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel does that mean that all who have been saved and yet will be saved are part of Israel but most of us are somehow blinded to who we are? And I'm not talking adopted into Israel...I mean belonging their in the first place because that is who and what we are....not that we are all Jewish but we could be from the tribes of Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, or Asher? Is it possible that those who have been saved but are not Jewish could be part of one of the lost tribes?

Like I said if Jesus said he only came for the lost sheep of Israel is it the Jews he is talking of or is thier a possibility that gentiles could be the lost sheep and are part of Israel but have forgotten their heritage?
Israel is the care taker of God's law and the light unto the nations.

Yeshua was only sent to cause the Jews to repent and turn back to true torah observance. It would make no sense to apply it to anyone else.

I am of the nations and i see the light because Yeshua rekindled the lamp.

Does that help?
bananna

Upvote 0

GeratTzedek

Meaning Righteous Proselyte to Judaism
Aug 5, 2007
Los Angeles area
Visit site
✟6,003.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Snowy, you completely missed my point.

In terms of teaching, he came to teach Jews, not gentiles.

In terms of his death, it was for all. "For God so loved THE WORLD that he gave his only begotten son..."

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,171.44
Faith
Messianic
I have heard the murmurings of the people of Israel, which they murmur against me. Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says God, ‘what you have said in my hearing I will do to you: your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness; and of all your number, numbered from twenty years old and upward, who have murmured against me, not one shall come into the land where I swore that I would make you dwell, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun."
Remember it was two gentiles that lead the people into the promised land.

Upvote 0