• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Question regarding St. Benedict medal?

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Leevo, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Leevo

Leevo Well-Known Member

+279
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I recently got a St. Benedict medal for my car, one for myself to wear and a rosary containing several St. Benedict medals for trying to guard against temptations. I remember reading somewhere that St. Benedict medals require the special exorcism and blessing rather than just a general blessing from a priest. Is this true? If so what does the exorcism of the medal do that a general blessing wouldn't?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Member of the Round Table

+8,921
    Catholic
    Single
    the St. Benedict medal is a very old medal, as such, it has a specific blessing

you do not HAVE to get the specific blessing done, but it is a way of honoring St. Benedict

those medals are used in exorcisms, for that, it DOES need the specific blessing because you are using it for a special job, not just as a general sacramental but as a tool in a very important job

3. Leevo

Leevo Well-Known Member

+279
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I don't plan on using it for an exorcism or anything haha. Just for the general uses of protection against temptations and the devil, etc. So I should be good with the blessing I got then?

4. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Member of the Round Table

+8,921
    Catholic
    Single
    yep, it is fine how it is

but like I said, you can choose to have the exorcism blessing done, it is acceptable for St. Benedict medals to get that even if they are owned by members of the laity and not used for formal exorcisms

5. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+10,659
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    good info!:oldthumbsup:

6. Leevo

Leevo Well-Known Member

+279
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I may get it done for them later this week. I mentioned it to the priest before Mass yesterday but he said he was just going to do a general blessing. I will take it to the other priest and ask him.