Nov 13, 2004
Lincoln Park, Michigan
✟290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi Guys,

As a Newbie back in the Baptist Faith, since I was 13. I have to ask some of you older folk in the Baptist Faith... Is it okay to Plead the Blood of Jesus over one's life and one's family? I do this, daily, seeing my family is not really active in serving the Lord. I've heard pro and con, about this subject. I feel it is neccesary, some may disagree. if so, why? if not, Why? Please, Not wanting to start a debate, Just wanting some clarity on the subject, and please, have scripture to back your opinion/stance... ect...

Thanks very Much for your help, in advance.

CIS

"Back to Baptist, after 20 years.."

:preach:

Reactions: ZiSunka

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
C.I. Scofield said:
Hi Guys,

As a Newbie back in the Baptist Faith, since I was 13. I have to ask some of you older folk in the Baptist Faith... Is it okay to Plead the Blood of Jesus over one's life and one's family? I do this, daily, seeing my family is not really active in serving the Lord. I've heard pro and con, about this subject. I feel it is neccesary, some may disagree. if so, why? if not, Why? Please, Not wanting to start a debate, Just wanting some clarity on the subject, and please, have scripture to back your opinion/stance... ect...

Thanks very Much for your help, in advance.

CIS

"Back to Baptist, after 20 years.."

:preach:
Good Day, CI

I do not know what that is : Plead the Blood of Jesus over one's life and one's family

Do you have a Scripture?

Peace to u,

Bill

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I can only offer scripture for an answer tonight...

Rev 12:10-12
"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you,m having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

1John 2:1-2
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate wtih the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for hte sins of the whole world."

To me these passages tell me to not only plead the power of His blood when under attack, but claim the victory that Jesus already provided for us.:amen:

Upvote 0

C.I. Scofield

Nov 13, 2004
Lincoln Park, Michigan
✟290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi Gang,

Well, after reading up on more of this, on the internet. I guess I won't be praying that in my prayers any longer. I was under the impression it was okay. Perhaps not. :sorry:

here goes a link on what I am referring to, for those who don't know what I am taking about. :

http://www.letusreason.org/Doct23.htm

I honestly didn't know it was that bad of a thing to do. Lord forgive me. :cry: :doh:

Thanks for all the comments and God Bless.

CIS
:preach: :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Pleading or speaking the blood causes the blood of Jesus to speak out on our behalf and stops the attacks of satan. Any time you sense the hosts of darkness coming against you plead the blood of Jesus against.

You can use whatever words the Holy Spirit lays on your heart to do this.

"Your forces of darkness attacking my home and life, I command you to stop in Jesus name. I hold the blood of Jesus against you. The blood of Jesus has defeated you. The blood of Jesus has set me free. The blood of Jesus avails for me. I plead the blood of Jesus over my home, my life and my family. I protect them from your attacks. I walk in the freedom Jesus' death has brought me. Amen"

Upvote 0

C.I. Scofield

Nov 13, 2004
Lincoln Park, Michigan
✟290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Gwenyfur said:
Pleading or speaking the blood causes the blood of Jesus to speak out on our behalf and stops the attacks of satan. Any time you sense the hosts of darkness coming against you plead the blood of Jesus against.

You got any scripture, that isn't blantantly taken out it's original context to back that up?

That's pentecostal teaching and wrong. Sorry.

The Sings and wonders gift were given to the 12 apostles, not us today.

Reactions: Gwenyfur
Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
C.I. Scofield said:
Well, after reading up on more of this, on the internet. I guess I won't be praying that in my prayers any longer. I was under the impression it was okay. Perhaps not. :sorry:
I had never read it phrased like that before. Wow...food for thought. Thanks CIS:eek:

Upvote 0

Matthan

Veteran
Aug 21, 2004
Upstate New York
✟2,689.00
Faith
Baptist
When we "plead the blood of Jesus," we are actually pleading our faith in His blood that was shed for all mankind. That is, at least to me, the essence of Christian prayer.

What does Scripture tell us? Well, Romans 3:24-26 tells us,
" Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."
And, Romans 5:8-9 tells us,
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

And especially what we read in Ephesians 2:13,
" But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."
And in 1st John 1:7 we find,
" But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
Based on these verses, I believe God is the justifier of any man, past, present or future, who places his faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.

Matthan <J><

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Matthan said:
When we "plead the blood of Jesus," we are actually pleading our faith in His blood that was shed for all mankind. That is, at least to me, the essence of Christian prayer.

What does Scripture tell us? Well, Romans 3:24-26 tells us,

And, Romans 5:8-9 tells us, [/b]

And especially what we read in Ephesians 2:13,
And in 1st John 1:7 we find,
Based on these verses, I believe God is the justifier of any man, past, present or future, who places his faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.

Matthan <J><
more food for thought.....
But, after reading scripture and praying I must say, there's nothing biblical that says I can't call on the blood of Christ when dealing with an attack from Satan or his minions.

So I guess I'm okay...at least until God lets me know otherwise ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
I would say this about recent posts and the article linked above: "Pleading" is a judicial term. In that sense, one only "pleads" to The Judge," not to one's Adversary. I think that is what the article had in mind.

To add food for thought, in legal proceedings, one does not personally plead at all when one has an Advocate. It is the Advocate's job to plead on behalf of the accused.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Crazy Liz said:
I would say this about recent posts and the article linked above: "Pleading" is a judicial term. In that sense, one only "pleads" to The Judge," not to one's Adversary. I think that is what the article had in mind.

To add food for thought, in legal proceedings, one does not personally plead at all when one has an Advocate. It is the Advocate's job to plead on behalf of the accused.
I'm gonna have a lot to "chew" on hanging out here :D

Y'all really keep a girl on her toes!

It's great though....I'm enjoying every challenging minute of it! and to think I thought I was going to be bored during my winter lay-off :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.