question on the 10 commandments in schools

starscream606 said:
There are not 'many different versions'. There are TWO versions, but with minor variations. I'm surprised my question was met with such confusion.

I'll give you a brief bible class:

Moses went to get the 1st set. His brother disobeyed god and made everyone worship mother earth. Moses came down. He killed 5000 people(he spared his brother who led the mother earth thing). Moses then destroyed the 1st set.

He then walked up and got the 2nd set.

A couple of questions about this story:

1) why was the 2nd set different? The differences are not minor. Only the first 4 commandments are the same. That's a 60% difference! Even the biggies: "Thou shalt not kill" & "Thou shalt not steal", aren't in the 2nd set. WOW! How could those be left out?

2) If the 1st set was destroyed, how do we know what it said? They were destroyed. And if Moses did remember them, then why did he go back for a 2nd set?

The story would make a lot more sense if it went:
a) The Lord made the commandments for Moses
b) Moses took them back and then destroyed them
c) The Lord made the commandments again for Moses
d) Those commandments said: 1..2..3.. etc

Upvote 0
starscream606 said:
i meant the differences from different bibles(NRSV vs King James for example) are minor for each of the 2 distinctly different sets of the 10 C.

But the other question is more important. Why did Moses get an almost completely different set of commandments when he went back?

Upvote 0
Just my Thought,But Why Take The Commandments out of the Schools? Just the same as Prayer.Our Schools have Lost what was Originally
Placed within them Long ago and Now they want to Take Out almost everything that Should be a Part of them,Growing up and going to school ,I remember In the Mornings we had Prayer and said the Pledge and those Students that Did Not believe Or it was against their Religion ,either sat Quitely or Got up and went out of the Class.What Is becoming of Our Children Now if we Let this all happen as Christians and Fellow Believers In Christ Jesus and the Bible? Just a Question and My Thoughts... *I am In No way Trying to Stuff My Beliefs down Others Throats.*

Upvote 0
Ray K said:
But the other question is more important. Why did Moses get an almost completely different set of commandments when he went back?

because god was p!ssed off I guess.

on a side note... Josua should have been killed instead of the 5000 random people who were following the orders from their head priest to worship wrong. Josua got by because of his connection to Moses.

God plays favorites. :p

Upvote 0