Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, because churches are frequently expected to be "gun-free zones", and are therefore preferred locations for terrorists and crazies.

We didn't hear much about church shootings until Charleston, but there have been several...

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I feel that in Church that we are protected by God and have no need for a gun.

If something bad happens then it is meant to be and we should suffer through it as we are told to do.

I love guns and feel everybody should have a whole closet full of them. Not only for sport but for self-defense and to help prevent tyranny as described in the Deceleration of Independence and other Republic documents.

I feel that it is our morals that protect us and if we are leading a moral life to where our society is moral then evil will be minimal. Our country has fought to where we do not need to carry guns all day as we have a moral society but unfortunately we have lead very bad lives and our punishment is the need to want to have a gun on you.

I myself prefer to leave my heavy gun at home for a time when I do need it and to lead a Ephesians 6 type of life, you know, the armor of God.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our church hires off-duty policemen to supplement our security ministry (the "Men of Valor"--MOV Team), which carries weapons. They work together and coordinate the congregational security needs. The pastor does not want a bunch of independent ye-hoos staging free-for-all firefights.

Upvote 0