Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I would try to build more Faith and Trust in Him. I would also try to sin less. I would spend as much time with my family as possible. I've thought numerous times over my late years of visiting nursing homes often and I would definitely try harder to fit that in.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Southern Baptist my mind immediately goes to The Great Commission. I would want to focus on doing everything possible to ensure my children are Saved. Then anyone else who would listen.

No remnant of me will remain. But I can still do some good in this world if I tell people about what a difference Jesus made in my life.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you do anything different if you found out you had less than a year to live?

If yes, what would you change or how would you live differently?
Hmm - I'm 77, in pain, 13 heart attacks, 21 stents, Diabetes (type 2), and I've been a Christian since 1963. "Sanctification" is Instant when one is Born again, and also Progressive (Romans 8:28-30)as one walks through life. Decision to "Reform" this or that, are generally useless, and in the final analysis I AM what 56 years of walking with the Lord has made me. Medically I was supposed to be Outta HERE in '05, instead of still here, and still working full time. I'm NOT what I was at the beginning, and it seems that there's been progress over the decades.
So the answer is that I rather expect that nothing would change, or would even need to change if I knew it would all end in 2020.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Medically I was supposed to be Outta HERE in '05, instead of still here, and still working full time

that's amazing after everything you've been through that you're still able to work

Reactions: Tzav
Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
that's amazing after everything you've been through that you're still able to work
Well - at my age and level of deterioration, I don't carry heavy things very far any more, but I can still Engineer stuff at my computer and 3-D Drafting system. It doesn't appear that my mind will take a hike, so as long as it doesn't I'm Good

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you do anything different if you found out you had less than a year to live?

No. The only thing I would do is dance.

This would be great news for me.

Im not suicidal, but I want to be with God, real bad.

The last 10 years have put me in a spiritual mess. I was a cradle Catholic. I did have alot of questions about some of the practices and doctrines of the Church. My dad died in 07. I honored him to the last breath he took, and stayed in the church. When he died, I read the Bible from cover to cover. And all of a sudden, I felt like I was swimming in sin. Forgiven, but very, very sinful. From doctrines of the churches, to traditions. For example, we just went through Christmas, Santa Claws is everywhere. Even in Churches. He is a lie. Its so glossed over that most do not see it that way, but when you give God only powers to a lie, and lie to your kids, thats wrong. I did it to my kids. Easter Bunny, Tooth ferry, Rock and Roll (We're going to get you, Satan will get you, Hells Bells). The introduction of Yoga pants. I cannot feel like I am whole or at peace. For 10 years I only did social ministry. Homeless feeding, Nursing homes etc. But after a trip to Israel and Jerusalem, God put in my heart to trust him, and go back to the Chruch with my family. Its been a year. And I still feel lost. Finding out I only had a year left, I'd be on the next plane to Jerusalem. And Id put my last prayers in the wall. And dance. Peace

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Tzav

No fetuses were harmed by this membership.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2014
✟36,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hah! I only had a year to live, according to one of my docs, 2010. Ten years later, I still may have only a year to live. Things have deteriorated badly in 2019, so who knows.

But let me warn you -- those of you who think you may be able to plan and work with a one year death sentence. It doesn't always work that way -- in the way that you can carry out your last year plans.
I spend hours and hours in bed, doing only what can be done from there.
I sleep more than ten hours daily, sometimes 20 hours.
A lot of foods I like make me sick -- all decent, good food I should be eating in order to get better!
I don't get to attend services very often.
I don't see my children and grandchildren as often as I would like.
I can't travel. Even in-town travel is limited.

So what I am saying is this: if there's something you want to do before you die, do it! Then do it. And do it again. But mainly, while you have time with you yet, love G_D and love your people!

Upvote 0

Rawtheran

Lightmaker For Christ
Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
✟46,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Oh wow that's such a great question! To be honest I don't think I'd do things too differently other than try and prepare my family for life without me and to use that year to really just testify about the good news of Jesus and why it matters where you will end up when you die. I'd also probably eat a lot more pizza.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums