Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what do you think about God's promise alluding to how Ismael's descendants would be a great nation one day? You do know Muhammad is a descendant of Ishmael, right?

If we are talking about prophets as God's prophets in the bible then the reason I don't believe he is a prophet of God is because a prophet in the bible speaks God's truths; speaks what God tells them to and the Muslim and Christian faith is not in line with each other.

No, I don't know that Muhammad is a descendent of Ishmael. I am not sure what that has to do with the op. Blessings.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So what do you think about God's promise alluding to how Ismael's descendants would be a great nation one day? You do know Muhammad is a descendant of Ishmael, right?
Well, perhaps Ishmael's descendants are those in Matthew 21:43?

(NKJV) Matthew 21:43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you [Jews] and given to a nation [Muslims] bearing the fruits of it. :)

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
there a question that I couldn't find an answer.
Do christians believe that "Mohamed " (moslems prophet) is really a prophet ?:confused:

Christians do not believe that Mohammad is a prophet. There are some Christians who think that he was a good moral teacher and statesman, others who think he was a terrorist, and still others who have no opinion on him. But the Christian religion does not allow us to believe that Mohammad was a prophet of any kind.

There's also a guy named Bob somewhere who is a descendant of Ishmael. Do you believe that Bob is a prophet on the basis of his descendancy?

Reactions: meh
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
interresting point of view , but , the greater question is "who wrote the koran if it is not a divine book "
I suppose Men did, just as men wrote the Bible. :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t4559751-revelation-a-jewish-polemic-book.html
Revelation a Jewish Polemic Book?

Luke 21:23 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this People.

Ezkeiel 39:12 "For seven months the house of Israel will be burying Them, in order to Cleanse/purify the land. 13 "Indeed all the people of the land will be burying, and they will gain renown for it on the day that I am glorified," says 'Adonay Y@hovih.

Upvote 0

keeepsmiling

Jan 13, 2007
✟15,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Christians do not believe that Mohammad is a prophet. There are some Christians who think that he was a good moral teacher and statesman, others who think he was a terrorist, and still others who have no opinion on him. But the Christian religion does not allow us to believe that Mohammad was a prophet of any kind.

There's also a guy named Bob somewhere who is a descendant of Ishmael. Do you believe that Bob is a prophet on the basis of his descendancy?
Realy , it's the first time I listen about such "Bob"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Realy , it's the first time I listen about such "Bob"

I made the name up. The point is that statistically speaking, a lot of people in the world are descended from Ishmael at some level. There is certainly some person in the world whose name is Bob, and who is descended from Ishmael. Heck, there's a fair chance that I am descended from Ishmael. Descendancy from Ishmael is therefore a non-issue in determining a person's prophethood.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do christians believe that "Mohamed " (moslems prophet) is really a prophet ?:confused:

I believe Mohammed was really a prophet, a false one.

Lisa

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe Mohammed was really a prophet, a false one.

Lisa
Nah. He just decided to clear up a few perceived errors in the Christian Bible. :)

John 11:48 "If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our [Jew's] place and nation."

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nah. He just decided to clear up a few perceived errors in the Christian Bible. :)

John 11:48 "If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our [Jew's] place and nation."

Oh, you mean like which son was the one to inherit? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I appreciate to this point that this newbie poster is being respectful in questions to Christians about what we believe. I think he is trying to find out what we believe in relations to Muslims. We may see the reasons come out, but I think he's being respectfu and sincere.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh, you mean like which son was the one to inherit? :)
I saw a post by a Muslim on another forum awhile back who believed the woman in revelation was Hagar and Ishmael was the child being born and the 12 stars were his sons. If I was a Muslim, I would probably believe that also.

To my knowledge, most Muslims do not read Revelation.

Revelation 12:1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. ...... 5 She bore a male Child who is about to be Shepherding all nations with a rod of iron.........
Originally Posted by czach8

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

Yes, of course Mohammed is a prophet. Just not a Jewish or Christian prophet; not in the same line as Moses, David or Our Lord, and not part of our heritage or traditions. The Ishmael link is tenuous at best, and is one which I personally find unconvincing. But if Moslems choose to believe it, then that is up to them.

Nostradamus is regarded by some as a prophet. The rest of us think him a very clever writer, who has been made into something he never intended to be, by those seeking either power or money by claiming outrageous things in his name.

It really depends on your point of view. :wave:

Upvote 0
C

czach8

There's also a guy named Bob somewhere who is a descendant of Ishmael.

If you read bible commentaries, they admit that Ishmael's descendants were the Arabs. You do know Muhammad was an Arab, right?

In any case, we are all decendants of Adam, but you on other hand believe God only favors Christians and ignored the rest of His human creation to lead them to have a relationship only with the devil during Judaic times. Yeah right. For a scientist, your logic is superb.

Do you believe that Bob is a prophet on the basis of his descendancy?

I won't even dignify such a statement brother. Even if I respond with biblical prooof, you are incapable of interpreting scripture in the first place. In addition, I am not going to waste my time with your hit and run comments.

Peace.

Upvote 0