Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can anyone answer this, preferably a mormon.

In the bible it says God had a wife to which he fathers spirit children. I assume that when christians become Gods, they will have wives too.
but in the bible it says that when people are reserected they will not be given to each other in marrige, but will be like the angels.

how does that work in the mormon religion?

Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can anyone answer this, preferably a mormon.

In the bible it says God had a wife to which he fathers spirit children. I assume that when christians become Gods, they will have wives too.
but in the bible it says that when people are reserected they will not be given to each other in marrige, but will be like the angels.

how does that work in the mormon religion?

Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

I think you have been mislead as to the bible saying God has a wife. There are no scriptures in mormon theololgy that say God has a wife either. As to not being married or given in marriage, we understand this to be a earthly ordinance and will not be performed in Heaven. So in Heaven no one is going to get married or given in marriage. We believe that his church has been restored and with that restoration came the priesthood authority to bind in heaven what is bound on earth. This means that marriage is not until death do you part, but is bound for eternity. So there will be marriages in Heaven, but not performed.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

We believe that his church has been restored and with that restoration came the priesthood authority to bind in heaven what is bound on earth. This means that marriage is not until death do you part, but is bound for eternity. So there will be marriages in Heaven, but not performed.

So the technicallity depends upon what Jesus meant when he said "given?"

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage"...

Nevertheless, the question was whose wife was this resurrected person, wasn't it???

Upvote 0

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
but the question put to Jesus when he said the thing about no marrige in heaven was this:

one brother has a wife and he dies so she marries the next brother, who dies so she marries the NEXT brother who dies so she marries the NEXT brother all the way until 7 brothers later.

who's wife will she be in the resurection?

what is the answer to THAT Question?

when your wife or husband dies, your no longer bound to them and can marry another person. How does THAT work?

and just so you know, I already believe the mormons are right about everything, I'm just asking to clarify my belief. so I give you the benefit of the doubt.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Mormon answer is that she never married any of them for time and eternity by an authorized servant of God.

D&C 132:13–18 . “If a Man Marry . . . in the World”
After quoting Doctrine and Covenants 132:13 , President Spencer W. Kimball said:

“How final! How frightening! Since we know well that mortal death does not terminate our existence, since we know that we live on and on, how devastating to realize that marriage and family life, so sweet and happy in so many homes, will end with death because we fail to follow God’s instructions or because we reject his word when we understand it.

“It is clear in the Lord’s announcement that righteous men and women will receive the due rewards of their deeds. They will not be damned in the commonly accepted terminology but will suffer many limitations and deprivations and fail to reach the highest kingdom, if they do not comply. They become ministering servants to those who complied with all laws and lived all commandments.

“[The Lord] then continues concerning these excellent people who lived worthily but failed to make their contracts binding:

“‘For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are angels of God forever and ever.’ ( D&C 132:17 .)

http://institute.lds.org/manuals/doctrine-and-covenants-institute-student-manual/dc-in-131-132.asp

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
what is the mormon scriptures saying that the second degree people never go to hell first?

I thought I gave links regarding the afterlife and hell in another thread. :confused:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7630472/

One hell is called outer darkness; the temporary hell is called spirit prison.

Let me know if that explains it.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

but the question put to Jesus when he said the thing about no marrige in heaven was this:

one brother has a wife and he dies so she marries the next brother, who dies so she marries the NEXT brother who dies so she marries the NEXT brother all the way until 7 brothers later.

who's wife will she be in the resurection?

what is the answer to THAT Question?

when your wife or husband dies, your no longer bound to them and can marry another person. How does THAT work?

and just so you know, I already believe the mormons are right about everything, I'm just asking to clarify my belief. so I give you the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, that was the right question.

That the Jews were asking which wife would be the one for eternity, thereafter, tells us that the other previous marriages were thought to have been negated upon death, or else the husband remained married to them all.

But Jesus answered that none of that goes on.
That people are not given to marriage nor taken in such contracts.

Jesus was saying the question does not come up, who is the wife, because marriages are not in force any longer.

That is the gospel truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums