question about offeratory procession

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It's not common in our tradition. They are placed on the Altar prior to service and covered with a veil. The veil is removed during the singing of the offeratory at the beginning of the Liturgy of the Sacrament.

i was asking Catholics,

thought that would be obvious- but i will now go back and edit the OP to a make it more so

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I remember as a kid the procession was more elaborate than I see it now. Then, we had candles, the bread, the wine, the water, and a few trays. Now, it's simply the bread and wine.

in some parishes, I've seen a basket of money from the collection added.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Oh, yeah! As an usher in my Parish, how could I forget the monetary collection??? :)

hey 4th degree.... 3d/officer here.

I'm an usher too, we handle the collection and start the procession while the collection is ongoing, so as a practical matter it wouldn't work. I assume that our pastor has made the ultimate call though. if he wanted it, we'd oblige.

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, every Parish is different. They actually put me in charge of the ushers here! It's fun. My favorite is Easter Vigil Mass because it is so beautiful.

I'm a trustee in 5660 (Iowa). (Former FS, former DGK, former GK, and former agent!) :)

warden here in Las Vegas. my dad was a FS for a looooong time before that office was split from the treasurer. at my mother's funeral recently, I met a 4th degree who has been lead usher at his Mass for 51 years. I think my dad had 15 years on his crew and he wasn't senior.

Upvote 0