Not open for further replies.

WarDog

Aug 22, 2004
Wisconsin
✟114.00
Faith
Nazarene
WesleyJohn said:
That's very interesting. Do you mind telling us which Nazarene University you go to? I doubt you would find very many Nazarenes who are quite as liberal as the professor you have described.

(By the way... I don't believe Moses parted the Red Sea either--I believe God did.)

Grace and Peace,

WJ
I had someone from my former Church say something similiar about one of the Nazarene Colleges, Can't remember which one, in Southern California. It bothered me then and it bothers me now that a Nazarene professor would teach Theistic Evolution. I was brought up in the Church and unless something has changed in our doctrine, it has never believed in ANY type of evolution.

Upvote 0
WarDog said:
I had someone from my former Church say something similiar about one of the Nazarene Colleges, Can't remember which one, in Southern California. It bothered me then and it bothers me now that a Nazarene professor would teach Theistic Evolution. I was brought up in the Church and unless something has changed in our doctrine, it has never believed in ANY type of evolution.

I wouldn't trust that anyone said that unless you hear it officially or hear it from the horses mouth. Rumors don't help anyone, especially rumors like this. Make the rumor mongers prove it.

Upvote 0

Seeker64

Jan 23, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
On the issue of "Theistic Evolution" being taught in at least one of our universities is true.

A friend of mine's brother teaches at one of the Universitys and is a staunch believer in "Theistic Evolution" and other liberal thinking identified by Stofo.

It's not hard to find out what school it is...ask your local D.S. or one of the G.S.'s.

It upsets my pastor, myself, and others within the Nazarene Holiness movement that professors in our schools would be allowed to hold such views.

Press on to the Prize...

Jeff
Psalm 13:6

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WarDog said:
The Nazarene doctrine says nothing about a literal interpretation of Genesis, either. From the CotN Articles of Faith...
We believe in the plenary inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, by which we understand the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, given by divine inspiration, inerrantly revealing the will of God concerning us in all things necessary to our salvation, so that whatever is not contained therein is not to be enjoined as an article of faith.
My congregation is full of people who believe in theistic evolution, 6 day creation, and many who fall somewhere in between. The doctrine simply says that God's message to us is inerrantly revealed in all things necessary to our salvation. It does not say that we all necessarily have to use the Bible as our only history/science book....since, last I checked, that question ("Do you believe in a literal 6 day creation???") isn't the one that determines our salvation. It something that we each must follow our convictions about.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.