Arkansas
✟18,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a certain question. As a child I may have abused a sibling. Therefore, I went to the police station and turned myself in. I was completely honest with the detective, and the abuse hotline, and even consulted a lawyer. Because I was around 13 and my other sibling was around 10 and it was proven consensual, there was no legal action taken. My counselors rule it as "sexual curiosity". Currently I have told alot of people, even my pastor and other christians as well. I went to my brother and apologized, and he forgave me and we have a good relationship. I cried out to God and I believe that I have done all I can do to make amends. I became a christian at 16 and never thought about this until I was 18.
I just wanted to know if God can forgive me? Am I a pedophile or a child molester? Am I a reprobate? Am I too far gone to be saved? Sometimes I wish I was dead because I did something so bad. Can anyone please help me? Thanks

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a certain question. As a child I may have abused a sibling. Therefore, I went to the police station and turned myself in. I was completely honest with the detective, and the abuse hotline, and even consulted a lawyer. Because I was around 13 and my other sibling was around 10 and it was proven consensual, there was no legal action taken. My counselors rule it as "sexual curiosity". Currently I have told alot of people, even my pastor and other christians as well. I went to my brother and apologized, and he forgave me and we have a good relationship. I cried out to God and I believe that I have done all I can do to make amends. I became a christian at 16 and never thought about this until I was 18.
I just wanted to know if God can forgive me? Am I a pedophile or a child molester? Am I a reprobate? Am I too far gone to be saved? Sometimes I wish I was dead because I did something so bad. Can anyone please help me? Thanks
relax dude. You cant be a pedophile as a 13 years old lol.
Plus, who said "all sins will be forgiven men"?
Jesus said that, its never stopped being true. Theres a law agaisnt all our sins, but thats not the gospel. The gospel is that the blood of jesus paid for all of those commandments and condemnations against us, and the blood is forever laid upon the law in heaven, meaning there can never be any condemnation from god agaisnt us. As john said in 1st letter, he has redeemed us, not only us, but the whole world with himself. This is true. If we dont beleive thios, then we need to stop saying we are bible beleivers. But its ok, because its jsut confusion in the mind, notghin else. It has nthinhg to do with salvation, its already done. It only takes a heart that admits it needs god, and tis done. Deny you have sinned, as some actually do, and thats when the blood of jesus is rendered powerless, because how can the blood work for anyone that doesnt even beleive he has done andy sin? But we can safely say you are not one of them lol

Upvote 0

ME1998

Mar 28, 2017
Arkansas
✟18,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
relax dude. You cant be a pedophile as a 13 years old lol.
Plus, who said "all sins will be forgiven men"?
Jesus said that, its never stopped being true. Theres a law agaisnt all our sins, but thats not the gospel. The gospel is that the blood of jesus paid for all of those commandments and condemnations against us, and the blood is forever laid upon the law in heaven, meaning there can never be any condemnation from god agaisnt us. As john said in 1st letter, he has redeemed us, not only us, but the whole world with himself. This is true. If we dont beleive thios, then we need to stop saying we are bible beleivers. But its ok, because its jsut confusion in the mind, notghin else. It has nthinhg to do with salvation, its already done. It only takes a heart that admits it needs god, and tis done. Deny you have sinned, as some actually do, and thats when the blood of jesus is rendered powerless, because how can the blood work for anyone that doesnt even beleive he has done andy sin? But we can safely say you are not one of them lol
Thank you so much! its nice to know that someone cares enough about me to reply.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does not "sound" like you have a problem. I will assume you have not committed this act anymore since that time. Yes God forgives and if you are serious He welcomes you with open arms. Stay in Jesus :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

ME1998

Mar 28, 2017
Arkansas
✟18,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It does not "sound" like you have a problem. I will assume you have not committed this act anymore since that time. Yes God forgives and if you are serious He welcomes you with open arms. Stay in Jesus :oldthumbsup:
No i never committed the act again. I thank you as well.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Everyone has sinned, and one of the results of sin is guilt. We can be thankful for guilty feelings because they drive us to seek forgiveness. The moment a person turns from sin to Jesus Christ in faith, his sin is forgiven. Repentance is part of the faith that leads to salvation (Matthew 3:2; 4:17; Acts 3:19).

In Christ, even the most heinous sins are blotted out (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 for a list of some unrighteous acts that can be forgiven). Salvation is by grace, and grace forgives. After a person is saved, he will still sin, and when he does, God still promises forgiveness. “But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One” (1 John 2:1).

Freedom from sin, however, does not always mean freedom from guilty feelings. Even when our sins are forgiven, we still remember them. Also, we have a spiritual enemy, called “the accuser of our brothers” (Revelation 12:10) who relentlessly reminds us of our failures, faults, and sins. When a Christian experiences feelings of guilt, he or she should do the following things:

1) Confess all known, previously unconfessed sin. In some cases, feelings of guilt are appropriate because confession is needed. Many times, we feel guilty because we are guilty! (See David’s description of guilt and its solution in Psalm 32:3-5.)

2) Ask the Lord to reveal any other sin that may need confessing. Have the courage to be completely open and honest before the Lord. “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23-24).

3) Seek to make restitution, where possible, of the sins committed against others. Zacchaeus, in repenting of his sin, promised the Lord, “If I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount” (Luke 19:8). This is part of the “fruit in keeping with repentance” that John preached (Luke 3:9).

4) Trust the promise of God that He will forgive sin and remove guilt, based on the blood of Christ (1 John 1:9; Psalm 85:2; 86:5; Romans 8:1).

5) On occasions when guilty feelings arise over sins already confessed and forsaken, reject such feelings as false guilt. The Lord has been true to His promise to forgive. Read and meditate on Psalm 103:8-12.

6) Ask the Lord to rebuke Satan, your accuser, and ask the Lord to restore the joy that comes with freedom from guilt (Psalm 51:12).

Psalm 32 is a very profitable study. Although David had sinned terribly, he found freedom from both sin and guilty feelings. He dealt with the cause of guilt and the reality of forgiveness. Psalm 51 is another good passage to investigate. The emphasis here is confession of sin, as David pleads with God from a heart full of guilt and sorrow. Restoration and joy are the results.

Finally, if sin has been confessed, repented of, and forgiven, it is time to move on. Remember that we who have come to Christ have been made new creatures in Him. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). Part of the “old” which has gone is the remembrance of past sins and the guilt they produced. Sadly, some Christians are prone to wallowing in memories of their former sinful lives, memories which should have been dead and buried long ago. This is pointless and runs counter to the victorious Christian life God wants for us. A wise saying is “If God has saved you out of a sewer, don’t dive back in and swim around.”

www.gotquestions.org/guilt-dealing.html

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Let me give you a thought here.

I did some really BAD things when I was young up until around 22, when I had a serious conversion experience and turned back to Christ whom I had forsaken. However, lately (I am 68 years old) I have found myself constantly going back and replaying not only the sins I committed, but how badly I hurt the people I sinned against. (Yes, they were sexual sins much like yours).

But here's the thing: I realized one day that I was making an idol out of those events, that they were becoming a god (i.e. ruling my life and demanding my constant attention) in place of our Lord Jesus Christ. To obsess on them was to ignore Christ's act of forgiveness and make them bigger than He.

My advice: DON'T DO THAT! You have repented. Move on and BELIEVE IN CHRIST'S FORGIVENESS!!

And when thoughts of the past come back, realize that your enemy wants to keep you crippled and unable to live for Christ.

10-4. Over and out.

Upvote 0

ME1998

Mar 28, 2017
Arkansas
✟18,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your support! Going through counseling, memories came back to me. I was molested when I was really young by my older brother. Maybe I am so worried about something that is in the past because of the underlying problem that was never addressed. I dont want to blame anyone else for my part in my sin, but it makes me feel like God understands me and even though he new my sins he still died for me. Thank you all for your support. My girlfriend thanks you as well lol.

Upvote 0

lben

Dec 27, 2010
Ashtabula, OH
✟21,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I have never met someone who benefited from counseling. All that does is rehash and rehash and attempt to justify things we've done, or had done to us. Jesus forgave you, now get on with your life. Stop looking behind you. It's over and there is nothing you can do to change it. Look forward.

I can see that you obsess to the point of almost bragging about it or your recent repentant acts about it. There are things that need not be shared with everyone you meet, and this would be one of those things. Lock it into the filing cabinet in your mind and throw away the key. Remain chaste. If you get the urge, make sure you're married first otherwise you're fornicating and God doesn't approve of that either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ME1998

Mar 28, 2017
Arkansas
✟18,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never met someone who benefited from counseling. All that does is rehash and rehash and attempt to justify things we've done, or had done to us. Jesus forgave you, now get on with your life. Stop looking behind you. It's over and there is nothing you can do to change it. Look forward.

I can see that you obsess to the point of almost bragging about it or your recent repentant acts about it. There are things that need not be shared with everyone you meet, and this would be one of those things. Lock it into the filing cabinet in your mind and throw away the key. Remain chaste. If you get the urge, make sure you're married first otherwise you're fornicating and God doesn't approve of that either.
Thank you. That really helps as well. I dont really try to justify what i have done because it is sin no matter how you look at it. Justifying it just makes it worse. But you are right. I must move on. Everything has been taken care of. Thanks again

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never met someone who benefited from counseling. All that does is rehash and rehash and attempt to justify things we've done, or had done to us. ...
I have never met anyone who genuinely wanted help from a good therapist who wasn't helped.

Upvote 0