Hayes
✟8,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I've known a guy for the last couple of years and I think he's always kinda been interested in me (he's actually my brother's friend and military comrade). Lately for the last couple of weeks we've started texting back and forth. I've been enjoying the company because we have some common interests and I'm usually alone, but I'm thinking the communication may have to end because he isn't a Christian. Our texts are very on-the-surface and innocent, but I know he isn't just texting just to be friendly; he's texting because he's interested.

I feel like I should stop this before it goes any further, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. I do really like the guy, and I see him from time to time because he is a close family friend. I have a very close-knit Christian family, and this person seems to be attracted to our faith to some degree, but I know from experience that "Missionary Dating" just doesn't work.

I want to honor God in everything I do and I want to show this man respect. The last thing I want to do is hurt or lead him on in any way.

What do you think I should do? :confused2:

• Prayers
Reactions: sunshine100

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So I've known a guy for the last couple of years and I think he's always kinda been interested in me (he's actually my brother's friend and military comrade). Lately for the last couple of weeks we've started texting back and forth. I've been enjoying the company because we have some common interests and I'm usually alone, but I'm thinking the communication may have to end because he isn't a Christian. Our texts are very on-the-surface and innocent, but I know he isn't just texting just to be friendly; he's texting because he's interested.

I feel like I should stop this before it goes any further, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. I do really like the guy, and I see him from time to time because he is a close family friend. I have a very close-knit Christian family, and this person seems to be attracted to our faith to some degree, but I know from experience that "Missionary Dating" just doesn't work.

I want to honor God in everything I do and I want to show this man respect. The last thing I want to do is hurt or lead him on in any way.

What do you think I should do? :confused2:

Perhaps when texting .... always reaffirm the friend aspect as often and be as clear as possible.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you really don't want this go any farther, try to end it gracefully. Don't deliberately hurt anyone, but if he winds up getting hurt, it's still better than continuing with this. Interpersonal hurts go away after awhile and if he insists on being hurt, then you are much better off without him.

Upvote 0