Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
For those who believe Adam and Eve were real people created by God, Did God create them with sex/reproductive organs? If not, did any of the animals have them? If not, did everybody immediately get them once Adam sinned?

Because it seems to me if God created mankind and all the animals in a world where there was no death, if mankind or animals began to have offspring, it would only be a matter of time before the world becomes over populated. Your thoughts?
You are correct. God commissioned Adam and Eve to reproduce before the fall. So they were capable of reproducing. And yes, the earth would have quickly been filled to overflowing. This planet is not God's final work. It is the battleground between God and Satan, with the allegiance of mankind as the objective. Adam and Eve were meant to subdue the creation. Instead, the created being Satan won Adam over to his side. You may recall that Satan means "adversary". Was the Serpent in Eden Satan? The book of Revelation calls Satan the "Serpent of Old".

The job should have been over very soon after Adam and Eve were created. Satan should have been subdued by Adam and Eve. Then God would have transferred creation to the new heavens and new earth. There is no reproduction in the new realm.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For those who believe Adam and Eve were real people created by God, Did God create them with sex/reproductive organs? If not, did any of the animals have them? If not, did everybody immediately get them once Adam sinned?

Because it seems to me if God created mankind and all the animals in a world where there was no death, if mankind or animals began to have offspring, it would only be a matter of time before the world becomes over populated. Your thoughts?
God knew we would fall and created with that in mind. In Revelation we see a verse say, "lamb slain from the foundation of the world." While God didn't do a sacrifice, at least in His mind, this was a reality. A second witness comes from Gen 1:14 which talks about the sun, moon and stars being placed where they are for "signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years." A calendar... but the word for 'seasons' is moedim, which is the word for appointments, appointed times, or feasts. Since the Feasts point to various aspects of Messiah's work, then God placed markers in the sky that would point to the times when the Feast would be that pointed to messiah's work.... BEFORE He even created Adam.

My point... we didn't have to grow reproductive organs after we sinned... we probably just didn't need the ones we had before we sinned and THAT is just a guess. :)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You're asking for speculation. It seems sexual drive is associated with mortality and the need to propagate (for instance, when possible during fertile years which are limited). It would feel so different I think in a state of true timelessness with no clock ticking, no moments of compelling need to find food and then having success, or moments of success in a struggle, etc. So it seems that sense of need might have been fully missing.

Reactions: jahel
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Of course, he did say to them both, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it" (Genesis 1:28).

The answer vary about whether or not death was a consequence of not enjoying the fruit of the tree of life, or simply because we sinned and that was detrimental to our physical nature. Some have suggested that the fruit that promised life was only received after the trial, others see it as something they had been enjoying already. It is also held in the opinion of some that though Adam could affect the whole posterity through sin, yet he could not sustain their standing and complete the trial for them, as if they were, after being born, were given the same stipulations that either blessed or cursed them, which would mean that every individual stood or fell upon their own choices to obey or sin.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"No Death" as in Spiritual Death.
The scriptures are not referring to physical death.
They are referring to Soul death.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

LiquidCat

Nov 14, 2019
Warsaw
✟10,163.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yea but He knew before they sinned that they sinned , also they were created as adults . On top of that God did not let Eve have offspring untill they sinned for the same reason as he did not create Eve like he did with Adam cuz he needed to have 1 man because he could die for 1 man himself and pay the attonement and unleash his wrath so he could start forgiving .

God in the bible is shown of having the ability to open and close womb , not only Eve but all women , like if people would disobey He would close womb of animals and they would go into starvation for years cuz of disobedience for example likewise he would not allow world to overpopulate.

Yes Eve could have offspring because it was first commandment of God for man to multiply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The job should have been over very soon after Adam and Eve were created. Satan should have been subdued by Adam and Eve. Then God would have transferred creation to the new heavens and new earth. There is no reproduction in the new realm.
Why didn't God subdue Satan preventing him from tempting Adam and Eve?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

God was not surprised by the Fall of Adam.

Christ's propitiation for sinners was not plan B.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't tell us, therefore, we have to either not worry about the question, or come to an answer that fits Scripture while remaining open to other concepts. My answer then, He desired for us to fall. I generally think, and this personal opinion based on the whole of Scripture.... that God didn't desire a family that was created to love Him, He desired a family that had to overcome conditions through which they grew to love Him. IOW, instead of a family of robotic creatures programmed to be His people, those who ultimately end up with Him are those who chose to put Him above the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

To my limited knowledge, there are two theories.

Case 1,
Satan sinned against God before temptation in Genesis.

Case 2,
Satan was created as an adversary to test Adam and Eve in Genesis.
And, we do not know when he fell from heaven.
In this case, it is possible it was part of the Genesis 6 thing.

Of Interest,

"Term used in the Bible with the general connotation of "adversary," being applied (1) to an enemy in war (I Kings v. 18 [A. V. 4]; xi. 14, 23, 25), from which use is developed the concept of a traitor in battle (I Sam. xxix. 4); (2) to an accuser before the judgment-seat (Ps. cix. 6); and (3) to any opponent (II Sam. xix. 23 [A. V. 22]). The word is likewise used to denote an antagonist who puts obstacles in the way, as in Num. xxii. 32, where the angel of God is described as opposing Balaam in the guise of a satan or adversary; so that the concept of Satan as a distinct being was not then known. Such a view is found, however, in the prologue to the Book of Job, where Satan appears, together with other celestial beings or "sons of God," before the Deity, replying to the inquiry of God as to whence he had come, with the words: "From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it" (Job i. 7). Both question and answer, as well as the dialogue which follows, characterize Satan as that member of the divine council who watches over human activity, but with the evil purpose of searching out men's sins and appearing as their accuser. He is, therefore, the celestial prosecutor, who sees only iniquity; for he persists in his evil opinion of Job even after the man of Uz has passed successfully through his first trial by surrendering to the will of God, whereupon Satan demands another test through physical suffering (ib. ii. 3-5).

Yet it is also evident from the prologue that Satan has no power of independent action, but requires the permission of God, which he may not transgress.He can not be regarded, therefore, as an opponent of the Deity; and the doctrine of monotheism is disturbed by his existence no more than by the presence of other beings before the face of God. This view is also retained in Zech. iii. 1-2, where Satan is described as the adversary of the high priest Joshua, and of the people of God whose representative the hierarch is; and he there opposes the "angel of the Lord," who bids him be silent in the name of God. In both of these passages Satan is a mere accuser who acts only according to the permission of the Deity; but in I Chron. xxi. 1 he appears as one who is able to provoke David to destroy Israel. The Chronicler (third century B.C.) regards Satan as an independent agent, a view which is the more striking since the source whence he drew his account (II Sam. xxiv. 1) speaks of God Himself as the one who moved David against the children of Israel. Since the older conception refers all events, whether good or bad, to God alone (I Sam. xvi. 14; I Kings xxii. 22; Isa. xlv. 7; etc.), it is possible that the Chronicler, and perhaps even Zechariah, were influenced by Zoroastrianism, even though in the case of the prophet Jewish monism strongly opposed Iranian dualism (Stave, "Einfluss des Parsismus auf das Judenthum," pp. 253 et seq.). An immediate influence of the Babylonian concept of the "accuser, persecutor, and oppressor" (Schrader, "K. A. T." 3d ed., p. 463) is impossible, since traces of such an influence, if it had existed, would have appeared in the earlier portions of the Bible.

In the Apocrypha.
The evolution of the theory of Satan keeps pace with the development of Jewish angelology and demonology. In Wisdom ii. 24 he is represented, with reference to Gen. iii., as the author of all evil, who brought death into the world; he is apparently mentioned also in Ecclus. (Sirach) xxi. 27, and the fact that his name does not occur in Daniel is doubtless due merely to chance. Satan was the seducer and the paramour of Eve, and was hurled from heaven together with other angels because of his iniquity (Slavonic Book of Enoch, xxix. 4 et seq.). Since that time he has been called "Satan," although previously he had been termed "Satanel" (ib. xxxi. 3 et seq.). The doctrine of the fall of Satan, as well as of the fall of the angels, is found also in Babylonia (Schrader, l.c. p. 464), and is mentioned several times in the New Testament. Satan rules over an entire host of angels (Martyrdom of Isaiah, ii. 2; Vita Adæ et Evæ, xvi.). Mastema, who induced God to test Abraham through the sacrifice of Isaac, is identical with Satan in both name and nature (Book of Jubilees, xvii. 18), and the Asmodeus of the Book of Tobit is likewise to be identified with him, especially in view of his licentiousness. As the lord of satans he not infrequently bears the special name Samael. It is difficult to identify Satan in any other passages of the Apocrypha, since the originals in which his name occurred have been lost, and the translations employ various equivalents. An "argumentum a silentio" can not, therefore, be adduced as proof that concepts of Satan were not wide-spread; but it must rather be assumed that reference to him and his realm is implied in the mention of evil spirits of every sort (comp. Demonology, and Kautzsch, "Apokryphen," Index).

In the New Testament.
The high development of the demonology of the New Testament presupposes a long period of evolution. In the Gospels the beliefs of the lower orders of society find expression, and Satan and his kingdom are regarded as encompassing the entire world, and are factors in all the events of daily life. In strict accordance with his manifold activity he bears many names, being called "Satan" (Matt. iv. 10; Mark i. 30, iv. 15; Luke x. 18 et passim), "devil" (Matt. iv. 1 et passim), "adversary" (I Peter v. 8, ἀντίδικος; I Tim. v. 14, ἀντικείμενος), "enemy" (Matt. xiii. 39), "accuser" (Rev. xii. 10), "old serpent" (ib. xx. 2), "great dragon" (ib. xii. 9), Beelzebub (Matt. x. 25, xii. 24, et passim), and Belial (comp. Samael). The fall of Satan is mentioned in Luke x. 18, John xii. 31, II Cor. vi. 16, and Rev. xii. 9. He is the author of all evil (Luke x. 19 et passim; Acts v. 3; II Cor. xi. 3; Ephes. ii. 2), who beguiled Eve (II Cor. xi. 3; Rev. xii. 9), and who brought death into the world (Heb. ii. 13), being ever the tempter (I Cor. vii. 5; I Thess. iii. 5; I Peter v. 8), even as he tempted Jesus (Matt. iv.). The belief in the devil as here developed dominated subsequent periods, and influenced indirectly the Jews themselves; nor has it been entirely discarded to-day.
"
SATAN - JewishEncyclopedia.com
LUCIFER - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"3 And one from out the order of angels, having turned away with the order that was under him, conceived an impossible thought, to place his throne higher than the clouds above the earth, that he might become equal in rank to my power. 4 And I threw him out from the height with his angels, and he was flying in the air continuously above the bottomless."
https://www.marquette.edu/maqom/morfill.pdf

Wisdom 2:24 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
But by the envy of the devil, death entered the world,
and they who are allied with him experience it.

Upvote 0