Teleologist
Aug 1, 2003
Florida
✟10,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of matters concerning the conversion of the unbelievers and the encouragement of the saints:

A parable:
In the middle of a courtyard stands a great statue. People walk by it everyday. One day it begins to speak. Many groups band together on their view of how and why the statue is speaking. One group says: "The statue speaks because micro-organisms (formed from the recent climate changes and adverse pollution in the air) have some how clung to the sculpture's jaw. They just happen to have formulated correctly, as well as accidentally, the correct DNA coding to build the nescesary components for carrying out the functions of speach." A second group arises and in all simplicity says: "Someone unseen is making the statue speak." Eager to prove their theory of time and chance, the first group inspects the statue discovering that there are definitely build-ups of organic material such as muscles and tendons. With much arrogance, the first group presents their evidence, but with the same pride, the second group shuts their minds and closes their hearts, unwilling to believe what the first group showed them. A few from the second group stood up and said to them: "These things are irrelevant. It does not matter, now, how the statue is speaking, but what it is saying. The truth is, we don't know. But with time, we will know everything about it, because it will tell us everything about it. And about time itself: we don't have enough of it. If you were listening, then you will know that it was trying to give us is enough of it. So do not bicker about the unescesary things. For all we know, someone unseen made the airborne muscle growth technique to voice a secret." The two groups seemed to have only heard the last sentence of the "few's" speach and instantly they were scorned by the 1st and outcasted by the 2nd. The few left and said: "Come, let us do what the "planner" has asked through the statue. We will out-live the ones who will not listen to the plan. At the end of it all, we will only find the truth behind the miracle of the statue to be amusingly interesting if not aweing, but never to be of incredible importance in comparison to the planner's message of love and unity. Come, we have orphans to adopt, poor to feed, widows to take care of, lost to be found, sick to be healed, and many more unfortunate to comfort. We are thristy for righteousness. We are hungry for our new home."

Michali

Teleologist
Aug 1, 2003
Florida
✟10,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
oh please forgive me great one. You don't think thats funny? Eh, I don't care. Some people treat online names as if it were there only reputation. In some cases, it is. (I already graduated high school and I'm going to the University of Florida.)

Yes, I wrote this, but I feel it is divinely inspired since it came to me all at once.

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
Michali said:
You don't think thats funny?
Perhaps if I was drunk.
Eh, I don't care.
To everyone's surprise, I'm sure.
Some people treat online names as if it were there only reputation. In some cases, it is. (I already graduated high school and I'm going to the University of Florida.)
My condolences on your football team this year.
Yes, I wrote this, but I feel it is divinely inspired since it came to me all at once.
It appears to be a bizarre metaphor for the life of Jesus and how we are supposed to treat his mishmash of messages. I suppose bizarre metaphors are beyond human insight now?

Upvote 0