Purpose of the christianforums.com Military Forum (21 Aug 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Thought maybe since some old issues seem to be reappearing, I figured to repost the Purpose of this section in case some forgot or dont know what it is. We here in Military were promised that the problems and issues in the past were not gong to happen anymore.

I was a Mod here in Military (and Recovery) until due to the economy caused my layoff and loss of home and had to resign as a Mod due to not being able to devote time online here.

I still believe the promises made to us last year and why several rule changes had to be made to this section are still in effect and should be honored.

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=10544101&postcount=1

Military

This is a forum designed mainly for Military and their spouses, yet we do welcome others to discuss information and fellowship with those defending our great nations.

Rules
All christianforums.com Rules Apply
All Friendship Rules Apply (Need link to the rules added here)

Forum Specific Rules

Please note that any debate or discussion of justification of military actions/ political aspects of military actions are to be done in the Politics forum and discussion of the Christian ethics of military service/action should be discussed in Christian Philosophy & Ethics or Congregational forums.

While each of us wore different uniforms and served in different ways, each of us stood for the country we love. There is a "0" tolerance policy for insults. Our usual terms of endearment, however, are allowed. Argumentative, insultive or hurtful posts towards service members or their service will be subject to deletion.

Articles and other sources of information for service related issues are welcome, but sources must be cited.

Accusations of murder and being unchristian are not tolerated and will be deleted

[leavin' Dave's signature, so we remember he's on active duty how and in harm's way. Pray for our brother]
God bless,
Dave

Reactions: Gwenyfur

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Again, just a reminder. There was a reason why this post was made last year.

http://christianforums.com/t4673768-apology-from-your-mods.html

Hello Everyone!

The Friendship Team would like to extend an apology for our part in the recent conflicts here on this forum. Many people were feeling like we simply didn't care, but I want to assure you that this is not the case. We do care, very much.

We really have no excuse. But we do have a few reasons. We have recently undergone staffing changes from the top to the bottom, and while everyone was getting used to their new duties, reports fell through the cracks. Also, since the Military Forum was only added under our jurisdiction a couple of months ago, we were unsure of what protocols to use and how to best apply the rules. Our goal is to be fair and equitable, but also just and protective of our members. We have failed you in this lately.

We are now getting things straightened out and you will hopefully see positive changes. We are striving to keep a greater mod presence, and a fast action policy regarding bad posts.

What can you do to help? One, use your report button. Tell us if there is a post we have missed. Two, do not reply to bad posts. This only compounds the problem and makes a mess even bigger.

If you like to debate about military-based subjects, do not post your arguments here. Please find a more appropriate forum, such as those in debate and discussion areas. If you post argumentative and hurtful posts here, they will be removed.

Please know that we are all here for you, and we want to make this and all our forums to be pleasant, informative and fun. We have come up short as late, and we hope you can forgive us and work together with us to maintain the harmony here.

As for me, I am blessed to work with this team of Moderators. The Friendship Team are kind to each other and to members, and each one is a wise, creative, and hard-working staff member. I hope you can join me in support of them and all the daily jobs they do for the CF membership.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
And, last but not least: Maybe an Admin type can clean up the original post of the [h1] stuff so it can be more easier to undertsand and read.

The original purpose of this section was to provide a safe place without attacks or insults for those of us who served or are serving and their dependants.

http://christianforums.com/t6044885-military-forum-specific-rules.html

Military Forum-Specific Rules

[h1]Military[/h1]

[h3]This is a forum designed mainly for Military and their spouses, yet we do welcome others to discuss information and fellowship with those defending our great nations.[/h3]

[h2]Rules[/h2]
[h4]All christianforums.com Rules Apply[/h4]
[h4] All Friendship Rules Apply (Need link to the rules added here)[/h4]

[h2]Forum Specific Rules[/h2]

[h4]Please note that any debate or discussion of justification of military actions/ political aspects of military actions are to be done in the Politics forum and discussion of the Christian ethics of military service/action should be discussed in Christian Philosophy & Ethics or Congregational forums.[/h4]
[h4]While each of us wore different uniforms and served in different ways, each of us stood for the country we love. There is a "0" tolerance policy for insults. Our usual terms of endearment, however, are allowed. [/h4]
[h4]Argumentative, insultive or hurtful posts towards service members or their service will be subject to deletion.[/h4]
[h4]Articles and other sources of information for service related issues are welcome, but sources must be cited.[/h4]
[h4]Accusations of murder and being unchristian are not tolerated and will be deleted[/h4]

[h2]Servicemember Resource SubForum[/h2]
[h4]A subforum strictly for military members to find resources and programs to help with issues relating to combat and military life. To include relocation Q and A, area services/churches/etc[/h4]
[h4]There is 0 tolerance for any insult or any suggestion that a servicemember asked for whatever situation they are struggling with.[/h4]

[h2]Servicemember Dependent SubForum[/h2]
[h4]A subforum strictly for military dependents and family members, with resources to help them with adjustments and continuing military life[/h4]
[h4]There is a 0 tolerance for any insult to these who closely support their servicemembers[/h4]

[h2]Moderator Requirements[/h2]
[h4]Due to the unique makeup of the military, any moderator wishing to serve must be prior service, active duty or a service family member.[/h4]
[h4]The moderator may be nominated or endorsed by any staff member of any team, as we have military members and families from all forums on christianforums.com[/h4]

[h2]Poll to Snapshot[/h2]

[h6]Guideline sources:[/h6]
Purpose of the christianforums.com Military Forum
Apology From Your Mods

Snapshot taken
September 6, 2007
0111 GMT

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Prince of Id, Matt's dad, Tatted saint, Got ink ??
Feb 2, 2002
You have just entered the twilight zone........
✟25,273.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thought maybe since some old issues seem to be reappearing, I figured to repost the Purpose of this section in case some forgot or dont know what it is. We here in Military were promised that the problems and issues in the past were not gong to happen anymore.

I was a Mod here in Military (and Recovery) until due to the economy caused my layoff and loss of home and had to resign as a Mod due to not being able to devote time online here.

I still believe the promises made to us last year and why several rule changes had to be made to this section are still in effect and should be honored.

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=10544101&postcount=1

Military

This is a forum designed mainly for Military and their spouses, yet we do welcome others to discuss information and fellowship with those defending our great nations.

Rules
All christianforums.com Rules Apply
All Friendship Rules Apply (Need link to the rules added here)

Forum Specific Rules

Please note that any debate or discussion of justification of military actions/ political aspects of military actions are to be done in the Politics forum and discussion of the Christian ethics of military service/action should be discussed in Christian Philosophy & Ethics or Congregational forums.

While each of us wore different uniforms and served in different ways, each of us stood for the country we love. There is a "0" tolerance policy for insults. Our usual terms of endearment, however, are allowed. Argumentative, insultive or hurtful posts towards service members or their service will be subject to deletion.

Articles and other sources of information for service related issues are welcome, but sources must be cited.

Accusations of murder and being unchristian are not tolerated and will be deleted

[leavin' Dave's signature, so we remember he's on active duty how and in harm's way. Pray for our brother]
God bless,
Dave

Again, just a reminder. There was a reason why this post was made last year.

http://christianforums.com/t4673768-apology-from-your-mods.html

Hello Everyone!

The Friendship Team would like to extend an apology for our part in the recent conflicts here on this forum. Many people were feeling like we simply didn't care, but I want to assure you that this is not the case. We do care, very much.

We really have no excuse. But we do have a few reasons. We have recently undergone staffing changes from the top to the bottom, and while everyone was getting used to their new duties, reports fell through the cracks. Also, since the Military Forum was only added under our jurisdiction a couple of months ago, we were unsure of what protocols to use and how to best apply the rules. Our goal is to be fair and equitable, but also just and protective of our members. We have failed you in this lately.

We are now getting things straightened out and you will hopefully see positive changes. We are striving to keep a greater mod presence, and a fast action policy regarding bad posts.

What can you do to help? One, use your report button. Tell us if there is a post we have missed. Two, do not reply to bad posts. This only compounds the problem and makes a mess even bigger.

If you like to debate about military-based subjects, do not post your arguments here. Please find a more appropriate forum, such as those in debate and discussion areas. If you post argumentative and hurtful posts here, they will be removed.

Please know that we are all here for you, and we want to make this and all our forums to be pleasant, informative and fun. We have come up short as late, and we hope you can forgive us and work together with us to maintain the harmony here.

As for me, I am blessed to work with this team of Moderators. The Friendship Team are kind to each other and to members, and each one is a wise, creative, and hard-working staff member. I hope you can join me in support of them and all the daily jobs they do for the CF membership.

And, last but not least: Maybe an Admin type can clean up the original post of the [h1] stuff so it can be more easier to undertsand and read.

The original purpose of this section was to provide a safe place without attacks or insults for those of us who served or are serving and their dependants.

http://christianforums.com/t6044885-military-forum-specific-rules.html

Military Forum-Specific Rules

[h1]Military[/h1]

[h3]This is a forum designed mainly for Military and their spouses, yet we do welcome others to discuss information and fellowship with those defending our great nations.[/h3]

[h2]Rules[/h2]
[h4]All christianforums.com Rules Apply[/h4]
[h4] All Friendship Rules Apply (Need link to the rules added here)[/h4]

[h2]Forum Specific Rules[/h2]

[h4]Please note that any debate or discussion of justification of military actions/ political aspects of military actions are to be done in the Politics forum and discussion of the Christian ethics of military service/action should be discussed in Christian Philosophy & Ethics or Congregational forums.[/h4]
[h4]While each of us wore different uniforms and served in different ways, each of us stood for the country we love. There is a "0" tolerance policy for insults. Our usual terms of endearment, however, are allowed. [/h4]
[h4]Argumentative, insultive or hurtful posts towards service members or their service will be subject to deletion.[/h4]
[h4]Articles and other sources of information for service related issues are welcome, but sources must be cited.[/h4]
[h4]Accusations of murder and being unchristian are not tolerated and will be deleted[/h4]

[h2]Servicemember Resource SubForum[/h2]
[h4]A subforum strictly for military members to find resources and programs to help with issues relating to combat and military life. To include relocation Q and A, area services/churches/etc[/h4]
[h4]There is 0 tolerance for any insult or any suggestion that a servicemember asked for whatever situation they are struggling with.[/h4]

[h2]Servicemember Dependent SubForum[/h2]
[h4]A subforum strictly for military dependents and family members, with resources to help them with adjustments and continuing military life[/h4]
[h4]There is a 0 tolerance for any insult to these who closely support their servicemembers[/h4]

[h2]Moderator Requirements[/h2]
[h4]Due to the unique makeup of the military, any moderator wishing to serve must be prior service, active duty or a service family member.[/h4]
[h4]The moderator may be nominated or endorsed by any staff member of any team, as we have military members and families from all forums on christianforums.com[/h4]

[h2]Poll to Snapshot[/h2]

[h6]Guideline sources:[/h6]
Purpose of the christianforums.com Military Forum
Apology From Your Mods

Snapshot taken
September 6, 2007
0111 GMT

I am posting all this as a veteran and as a member who fought for a year to make this section a safe place for us.

QFT and this bears repeating alot more it appears.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.