nelehjr

Mar 6, 2016
Your Mom's House
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My nitpick with purity rings and purity balls is that it is all aimed at girls. I grew up in church and as far as I remember there was nothing aimed at boys for them to remain sexually pure. Sometimes one line is said as a throw away to make it seem as if the boys were included in this but all the focus is on the girls. Then if premarital sex does occur the responsibility all falls on the girl.

Totally! My roommate/best friend and I squabble all the time about virginity. She says, (being a history major) that in medivel times it was always a girl's responsibility to save herself. Gents, however, were perfectly free to sleep around. Like, no one held them accountable for "deflowering" SO many women, but God forbid you become deflowered yourself!

One of the major bones I have to pick with society these days is how a woman's sexuality is supposed to be swept under the rug. I'd go so far to say that a repressed sexuality made it harder to save myself last time I had a boyfriend! I mean, I was an 18 year old little girl, (20 now. Sssh. I know I'm in the teen forums). But the entire time it was kind of like "Wow! Kissing is nice! *attempts to eat boyfriend's face*" it got so bad that we were doing everything we could to have sex without having sex and of course afterwards he'd often ask "Why'd you let me do that to you?" Because! (Lord, help me, my face is already florid with rage.) Because it's as if all gents, Christian or not, are taught that they have so much sexually energy that they cannot help themselves and contain it. Really, the next guy who says to me "What? I can't help it I'm a guy!" I'm going to have trouble not punching in the nose! You can and you will help it just like I do!

So, this is the conclusion I draw from the general public's thinking:
If you're a guy you have a higher sex drive. It's not YOUR fault a puddle of drool accumulates whenever a girl with a crappy bra has a spring in her step!

If you're a girl: HOW DARE YOU WEAR A CRAPPY BRA?! Can't you see you're tempting the poor, helpless man?! Jeesh...
A guy mowing his lawn shirtless? Oh, you're a woman. You should have no reason to plow your car into the nearest fire hydrant on accident!

That rant felt good.

Yes. I wear a purity ring. Well, I call it a whatever it needs to be ring. I can tell creeps I'm married too. It's nice to see another girl with one so I know I'm not some 20 year old, sex-droubt, mutant.

Upvote 0

Daydream Island

Christian
Jun 14, 2016
Sydney
✟11,002.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well .. as long as it is good and does good to you in God's eye, by all means.. keep it. But in another way, I'm afraid one may become delusional, imagining the ring can keep them safe or stronger.
For me purity starts in the heart and not by wearing a ring. I strongly recommend you read
"Dating Deliah" by Judah Smith an amazing book on living in purity.

And you may be a virgin physically, good for you and so am I. However, if we live by Jesus' standards then there is not a virgin among us. If your heart has had or currently has wrong desires or fantasies in it; you are not a virgin to him as God looks in the heart
Thankfully, the good news for anyone who has lost the virginity of their hearts is that God is able to restore that which has been lost and restore what has been destroyed.

For this, praise our Lord God, our saviour, our redeemer, our bridegroom, our Love

Last edited:
Upvote 0