Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They've already said they wouldn't have me as a member. But hey, go t'town! They're just really narrow. But the culture is so broad, narrowness always looks like the right move. Just be careful about what you're narrow on. "Don't go beyond what is written."

Upvote 0

Jon_

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
California
✟18,616.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I really like Puritan Board. I haven't been active there in a while, but, well... maybe that's my call to drop in more often. It's a great board. I like the closed membership idea. It helps prevent many of the problems that we experience here at CF.

Soli Deo Gloria

Jon

Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

Unworthy1One

Jun 13, 2007
Zion
✟7,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like to check out that board once in awhile. Some really good stuff. But I have to agree with other posters about some of people and the narrowness approach used.

I tried to join as a member, but alas I was considered unworthy. I guess it is more than just a screen name for me... Even though my theology is closely aligned with the rules and I accept WCF, I was disallowed since my church building as the dreaded word "Evanglical" in the name. We all know names can be somewhat misleading as the pastor and elders are all decidedly "reformed" in their teachings.

I guess I must remain on the outside looking in when it comes to the puritanboard. To bad too, but I guess we will all laugh about it together in eternity.

To God be the glory

Reactions: xapis
Upvote 0

Kevin Guillory

Clarpzango
Jun 30, 2016
Timonium, MD
✟15,550.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm new here. I was on the Puritanboard, but decided to come here instead. I don't know if this will get any responses, but I'm going to try anyway.

I really love the Puritans, especially Thomas Watson, Jeremiah Burroughs and John Flavel.

I also enjoy the Covenanters. In fact, I consider myself one of them. I subscribe to both the National Covenant and the Solemn League and Covenant. That means a lot of things for me as a Christian. But I like the fact that most - if not all - of them were Reformed (Calvinistic). So that means I agree with "Lex Rex" by Rutherford.

That's about it for now. I'll wait and see if anyone replies.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TaylorSexton

1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith
Jan 16, 2014
Mundelein, IL
Visit site
✟35,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Remember what the Puritans did to the Native American Indians?

Yeah, I heard that Jonathan Edwards, after being ejected from his church, went out to the Native Americans and preached the gospel to them, condemned the extortion committed against them by the white people, and even began learning their language. What a horrible monster!

Reactions: MechPebbles
Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm new here. I was on the Puritanboard, but decided to come here instead. I don't know if this will get any responses, but I'm going to try anyway.

I really love the Puritans, especially Thomas Watson, Jeremiah Burroughs and John Flavel.

I also enjoy the Covenanters. In fact, I consider myself one of them. I subscribe to both the National Covenant and the Solemn League and Covenant. That means a lot of things for me as a Christian. But I like the fact that most - if not all - of them were Reformed (Calvinistic). So that means I agree with "Lex Rex" by Rutherford.

That's about it for now. I'll wait and see if anyone replies.
i think edwards had to preachbto the indians who didnt understand english. he was frustrated. he stsrted revival and then later men started killing eachbother as the result.

Upvote 0