Punch-Out!!, and why my parents took it from me.

Divine Celia

Pure & Innocent
Dec 29, 2003
Siberia
Visit site
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
Punch-Out!! is an old NES game that came out in 1987. I like this game and play it lots, but my parents have recently watched me play it and deem it evil. In the game you play as a 17 year old boy from Bronx, NY, and you are poor and need to feed your family. So you resort to entering a boxing contest to win lots of money from it. In the game you face many big mean men that are a lot older than you and bigger and stronger too. They look like they are on steroids which is scary :eek:. They punch you and laugh at you and knock you down. When my parents saw me being pummled by "Bald Bull" they said that the game was mean and that it would make me think that it is ok for big angry men to beat up kids. The game also has Mike Tyson in it and portrays him as a big angry man that is out to beat up a young 17 year old white male. They said this was racism and took the game away from me, telling me to never even THINK about it again. Was it wrong for my parents to do this? Does God agree with what they did? I need answers, and FAST! :help:

Reactions: Ryder

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your parents took Punch-Out away from you?

But I suppose they'd let you play football or Basketball.

There's nothing wrong with Punch-Out. We played that game to death back in the day.

Well, they are your parents, and Punch-Out is one game in a myriad. SO if you can't sway them with diplomacy, just do what they ask.

Upvote 0

AcousticHxC

Nov 28, 2003
Killa Cali Westside
✟7,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Divine Celia said:
The game also has Mike Tyson in it and portrays him as a big angry man that is out to beat up a young 17 year old white male. They said this was racism and took the game away from me, telling me to never even THINK about it again.
...I don't buy that...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

karlF2004

Jan 2, 2004
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Divine Celia said:
Punch-Out!! is an old NES game that came out in 1987. I like this game and play it lots, but my parents have recently watched me play it and deem it evil. In the game you play as a 17 year old boy from Bronx, NY, and you are poor and need to feed your family. So you resort to entering a boxing contest to win lots of money from it. In the game you face many big mean men that are a lot older than you and bigger and stronger too. They look like they are on steroids which is scary :eek:. They punch you and laugh at you and knock you down. When my parents saw me being pummled by "Bald Bull" they said that the game was mean and that it would make me think that it is ok for big angry men to beat up kids. The game also has Mike Tyson in it and portrays him as a big angry man that is out to beat up a young 17 year old white male. They said this was racism and took the game away from me, telling me to never even THINK about it again. Was it wrong for my parents to do this? Does God agree with what they did? I need answers, and FAST! :help:

This is ridiculous. There is no gore in that game what so ever. Tell your parents to get the sticks out of their bums.

Upvote 0